Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542633 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4845 on: May 21, 2013, 04:45:30 pm »

"I see..." Morton didn't see. "Well then, I'll be ready to move on when you are head chef Niklas, its best to stick together in such dark places."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 21, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »

"My spending habits are of no consequence, I have been ordered to provide funds to my new master.
Upon seeing Bernie's display:
"Bernie, I have just thought of something. If that is truly his soul,  Is it within your ability to bind it and make him a cute little ghostie? I would happily commission the work."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: May 21, 2013, 06:08:55 pm »

follow and portect the group by stabbing anything that is moving and isnt part of the group (Soul-o-vision is the best vision there is no way to hide from it)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: May 22, 2013, 02:51:31 am »

At the de Jong and Associates Bank...

Sigmund smiles at the woman and gets to business immediately.

"I'm looking for a friend, his name is Scott Yaleson. By any chance, is he a customer of this bank?"

Olivia, hearing the name, thinks for a bit.

"I do not think the Yalesons have any dealings with us, no. They seem to be rather adamant about working only with Gerfluski and Sons in my experience. That's a bit of a smaller establishment a ways from here, down the street, turn left at the first intersection and go straight until you've reached a square with the statue of a flaming man in it. Then go down the alley between the tower and the museum, there will be a small wooden door flanked by shuttered windows on the right, that leads to Gerfluski and Sons. They're a pain to reach, in my opinion, but they believe that this keeps the 'wrong people' out."

She shrugs, glancing at the rest of the people in the room.

"Were you only looking for your friend, or is there some other way I can help you?"

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas is about to engage in science, but is interrupted by the ever-confused Morton.

"...Ah. Er, sirs, are you sure these just aren't clams? I believe the creatures are probably further in... I believe the creatures would be further in, chances are."

"Just a test."

"A... test? A test for what? Is this another thing you wish to cook?"

"I want to see if the clam is the creature. If the cat gets eaten, we're fine. I'm going to cook one of these too, though."

"I see..." Morton says, though this is but one of the many lies he has told himself and others today. "Well then, I'll be ready to move on when you are, head chef Niklas, it's best to stick together in such dark places."

Niklas takes the cat and drops it into the hole on the clam. It seems to land safely enough. It also doesn't seem to get eaten. At least, not that Niklas can hear.

Mark, meanwhile, guards the area. He guards and he guards, ready to slay any that move in an unfriendly fashion and aren't his comrades. Nothing seems to be eager to turn up just yet, though.

In the Gerfluski and Sons Bank...

Scott explains the simple facts of the moment.

"My spending habits are of no consequence, I have been ordered to provide funds to my new master."

"Oh, well, that's understandable. Give him access, Mr. Whitman."

"Certainly, sir. Your will be done."

However, Scott also has another idea.

"Bernie, I have just thought of something. If that is truly his soul,  Is it within your ability to bind it and make him a cute little ghostie? I would happily commission the work."

"Oh no. No, you don't. I'm outta here!"

[Gary will roll vs. Bernie magic roll: 4 vs. 5]

Gary seems to want to be free already, but Bernie holds him fast.

"You aren't getting away just yet, moneybags."

Bernie turns to Scott.

"I can't make him a ghost, as that would require raising of the dead. What you're seeing right now is a bit more of a manifestation of the soul rather than a full-on ectoplasmic body. As in, it can't exist without something anchoring it in place. A body of ectoplasm is perfectly capable of holding a poor bastard's soul down on its own, but a soul manifestation will pass on unless it is held in a specific astral medium, which you don't find just lying around."

"Anyway, how about that money, eh?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 22, 2013, 03:29:08 am »

Scott will indicate for the clerk to fetch the money.
Scott will then glare furiously at Garry
Excuse me?! EXCUSE ME!!?? You would abandon me so willingly?! Even after it was you, YOU! Who had raised me from the dead and soul bound me because you couldn't deal with my death!?
Gesturing wildly he will point to the two necromancers.
Artiste, Bernie, would you happen to have an item that easily stores and allows access to souls? Because this bastard is going to be imprisoned for a while, whilst I personally craft a body for him to reside in so he can have his ultimate wish, to be with me FOREVER!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:39:41 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: May 22, 2013, 05:35:19 am »

Sigmund replied:

-I just was looking for him. Thank you very much.

Then he followed the instructions and went to the bank where Scott was.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 22, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

Well, not fearsome, though possibly tasty.

Grab cat, proceed fourther into the darkness with companions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18:01 am »

Kevin, determined to open one of the clams, starts mashing one of the cracked clams until it's open with his oar.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 22, 2013, 11:27:17 am »

"Oh, come on..."
Try and knock her unconscious. Maybe tap her head against the wall or something. Relatively gently, of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 22, 2013, 01:48:08 pm »

In the Gerfluski and Sons Bank...

After gesturing for the clerk to get the money, Scott lets the drama unfold. He glares at the quasi-ghost of Gary!

"Excuse me!? EXCUSE ME!!?? You would abandon me so willingly?! Even after it was you, YOU who had raised me from the dead and soulbound me because you couldn't deal with my death!?"

Gary looks awkwardly at Scott, trying to figure something out.

"Um... just because I did it to you doesn't mean it isn't an incredibly inhumane and terrible thing to do to a soul! Give me a break! I was mad with grief! Come on!"

Ah, terribly inhumane, eh?

"Artiste, Bernie, would you happen to have an item that easily stores and allows access to souls? Because this bastard is going to be imprisoned for a while, whilst I personally craft a body for him to reside in so he can have his ultimate wish, to be with me FOREVER!"

"Oh shit. I'm really beginning to regret the life choices I made in the previous months. Better run before I have to truly face them!"

[Gary will vs. Bernie magic: 2 vs. 6]

Sadly for Gary, however, running is not an option. He seems to be hitting a mental brick wall, in a way. Bernie seems to be calmly holding him in place with little effort on his part to tell the truth.

"A storage device for souls? I haven't got one."

Bernie grins widely and looks at Scott.

"However, you do. Art?"

Art, who's been quiet up until this point, opens his eyes and lets his arms fall limp. Gary immediately disappears back into the blanket.

"Man, that was great practice. Hadn't called out a spirit in ages, I tell you! Ages! Went pretty well, I'd say. Bit of trouble on your end, I suppose?"

"Eh, nothing I couldn't handle. Necromancer though he may be, without a focus he's a random shithead like any other."

"Though the same is true of us as well, don't you think?"

"Nah. I've got other toys with me just in case my book explodes again."

"It does that?"

"It did once, and that was one time too many."

As the two necromancers speak, the Artiste quietly standing with his back to a wall and smiling at the happenings in the room, the clerk returns with a small wooden case, about three largish books in size. On it is a carved emblem of the bank.

"As is custom, large withdrawals come with a complimentary lockbox. Now, sign here, Mister Yaleson. I can fill out the requisite Extraordinary Witness paperwork myself."

The clerk produces a piece of paper containing information about the amount of money withdrawn (35 gold and 2 silver coins) and the date of the withdrawal, complete with a line with the clerk's signature and an empty one that Scott should presumably sign upon.

In the de Jong and Associates Bank...

Sigmund explains that he has no other business here and turns around to leave.

He is a bit surprised to find only a blank wall behind him.

"Ah, sir, you cannot leave that way. It's a one-way door. Heavily enchanted. We installed it to more effectively direct foot traffic on the busier days. You'll have to go through one of the departments to reach the exit."

Well, that's certainly inconvenient for habitual blunderers.

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas remarks upon the clam's apparent lack of ferocity, then sticks his hand into it to find the cat.

Considering that the clam's not all that big, the cat isn't difficult to locate.

[Grab: Niklas vs. Cat: 4+1 vs. 1]

It actually chooses to go quietly this time, too. Perhaps it dimly realizes the dire consequences should it fail to do so.

Cat in hand, Niklas goes into the darkness with Mark and Morton. They are now in the dark. Mark doesn't really see much out of the ordinary, the rest can't see jack. Meanwhile, Kevin, the guy who actually has the lantern, feels that his time is probably better spent going medieval on a clam with his rubber oar.

[Kevin smashing roll: 2]

Regrettably, cracked though the clam may be, a thick layer of calcium carbonate can still endure a great many crushing blows made with a floppy rubber object.

Suddenly there is an audible screech from up top. Sounds like the captain.

Back in Emlocke...

Darren, being fed up with people being unreasonable, decides to stop messing around and just knock the lady out.

[Darren telekinesis roll: 2]

He's having trouble moving her much, though.

[Whip Man water use roll: 1+1]

The whip man, meanwhile, misses her with yet another jar. Brilliant.

[Master magic roll: 5+1]

"Completely unreasonable. Verdict reached. Must eliminate."

The dog opens its mouth and barks, causing the very air to split as the blast reaches the woman!

[Armored Lady endurance roll: 1+1-1]

As the blast hits the lady, there is a sound not unlike that of eggs suddenly exploding for no reason, a shriek that undoubtedly belongs to the occupant of the twisted suit of armor, then there is blood. There is a lot of blood. Great, pouring streams of blood flooding out of her armor. The warm red torrent stops after a few seconds, though the lady has gone completely still a moment previous.

Darren is pretty sure that what just happened to the lady was probably hideously painful. He shakes the lady a bit in the air. No response. The dog looks at the scene neutrally for a moment, then speaks.

"One left. Almost done. Everyone ready?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 22, 2013, 01:50:44 pm »

((How many jars does Whip Man have?! What are you guys even doing?))

Continue searching the darkness. Hold the cat out in front of me to use as a sensor.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 22, 2013, 01:56:49 pm »

To answer your first question, enough.

To answer your second question, Whip Man and Master Dog are busy killing every remaining mage in Emlocke to win the selection process. Darren is helping them due to having nothing better to do, or so I guess.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 22, 2013, 02:24:31 pm »

((I hope the Bureaucratic Adventures of Mr. Sigmund GrimDrake end soon))

Sigmund asks the lady if she could guide him to the exit. If affirmative, he follows her. If negative, he asks for directions and gets out on his own.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 22, 2013, 02:26:43 pm »

To answer your first question, enough.
I now plan to use Whip Man's 'enough' supply of jars to flood the caverns.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 22, 2013, 02:31:42 pm »

Scott will sign the form
He will then flash a cruel half smile to the Artiste and wear Gary-cape once again.
Master...Would you have any books on golemancy?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:51:20 am by Innsmothe »
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 719