Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542854 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5145 on: June 06, 2013, 07:02:58 am »

Sigmund followed the mob to reach the Trade District. Failed that, he will try to go on his own.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: June 06, 2013, 08:35:52 am »

In the Trade Quarter of Shriekpot...

Niklas, full of spirit and fury, leads his trusty drunkard cohort over to the infamous Ulubelle, apparently quite popular around conmen in Shriekpot. It's a fancy building, Niklas finds. And the inside is even better! It's got a refined atmosphere in it, and the place seems populated mostly by rather attractive women! And a few guys, as well, though these mostly look to be patrons. A middle-aged woman wearing what appears to be a stiff, smiling mask composed solely of makeup approaches the group immediately as they enter.

"Hello, good sirs. How may we at Ulubelle help you today?"

How indeed, madam. How indeed.

At the Flaming Crab...

Scott is humbled by the generous behavior of the inn's patrons. If only they were all this helpful.

"Oh... My thanks then, and my apologies for interrupting your evening."

"Oh, it's no problem. Give him a good beating from me if you find him! Son of a bitch swindled me not three weeks ago, can't prove a thing to the authorities!"

Scott nods and looks over at Mark. He appears to be leaving. Quicker than him. Racing time!

"It's my revenge, gods damn you!"

[Revenge Race: Scott vs. Mark: 3-1 vs. 1+1]

Scott walks as fast as he can, eventually catching up to Mark, who seems to be in no hurry at all. However, try as he might, Scott cannot outwalk the fellow before they reach the Ulubelle and go right in.

Oh, looks like Niklas is already here. And some fine gentlemen from the Feisty Jelly. And a woman with a painted-on face and an unchangingly smiling expression.

"And hello to you too, good sir and tree-person. How may we help you?"

In the port of Shriekpot...

Sigmund attempts to sniff out the trail of the mob that followed Niklas. However, the mob smelled like booze and disappointment, and so does everything else in this town, so he's kind of screwed there. Well, guess he'll have to try and get over his crippling indecisiveness!

Sigmund stares down the crossroads. They will not beat him today. He will persevere! He takes one step forward, then another, then another!

Then it suddenly hits him. He is alone now. Nobody to lead him around. Nobody to help. Maybe he should get someone. He turns to one side and beckons a guy to help him out. Said guy doesn't even spare him a glance. Okay, what about you, madam? Help a guy out?

She also doesn't help. Sigmund turns around and seeks aid from many sources, though they all prove unhelpful! And he has also turned around several times by now.

He is completely lost now.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: June 06, 2013, 09:13:14 am »

We are looking for Herbert."
Scott will scan the inn.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:17:28 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: June 06, 2013, 09:15:49 am »

Sigmund will try to figure out where the sea is, to have a general idea of where he is. Then he will look for signs. If he can't do any of them, he will resort to ask to people where the trade district is. He will then go to Ulubelle in the trade quarter.

((Looks like there are lots of swindlers in Shriekpot))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:49 am »

Thank you ma'am, me and my friends here would like to gain entrance to this place - just to look for an old friend. We think he's in there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:58 am »

His name is Herbert.
Scott nods sagely.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: June 06, 2013, 10:37:43 am »

In Ulubelle...

Scott explains the purpose of his arrival to the woman.

"We are looking for Herbert."

Niklas, however, is not to be upstaged. After all, he led a riot to here, and he'll be damned if he doesn't make use of it.

"Thank you ma'am, me and my friends here would like to gain entrance to this place - just to look for an old friend. We think he's in there."

"His name is Herbert."

"Herbert... I can look for him if you wish. Otherwise you will have to pay the entrance fee - one silver per person. This covers free food, drink and general entertainment for the night, though you will need to pay for specifics, shall we say. This is a rather low price for the quality you will receive, I assure you."

At an incredibly confusing crossroads in Shriekpot...

Sigmund tries to figure out where the sea is.

Okay. It's behind him. Right there, half a kilometer or so away. Very good. He can do this. Okay, a sign now. Give Sigmund a sign, you wretched town, you! The vampire looks around and focuses on the address plates of the nearby buildings. He is on Lipmann Street, and there's a signpost pointing to the center of town. Ah. Good. Presumably the Trade District is somewhere over there.

He follows the signpost, closing his eyes and slowly going onwards. After bumping into several people, he finds himself in the center of town.

It's a large square with about 18 different streets leading into it. There's even a large sign atop a pillar here that says "Center of Shriekpot". In essence, it's a huge intersection.

Looking around, Sigmund is paralyzed with fear, falling over and curling up into a ball, then going on to whimper softly.

He could go for a drink, he thinks. A drink makes the fears go away. Yeah, a drink is what he needs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:15 am »

((Ghost Captain Stories is a great way to pass the time while the rest is getting REVENGE.))
Kevin sits down if he wasn't already and waits for Morton to choose a story, considering that his previous attempts at miming did not go very well.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: June 06, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

((I hate the crossroads penalty))

Sigmund will look for slaughterhouses or butcher's shops.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: June 06, 2013, 11:20:43 am »

No, we just need to talk to him. Could you bring him out for us?
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: June 06, 2013, 12:12:50 pm »

If she fails to render positive assistance, Scott will charge through and look for the bugger.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: June 06, 2013, 12:16:55 pm »

If she fails to render positive assistance, Scott will charge through and look for the bugger.
If this is the case, Niklas and the mob will do the same.
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: June 06, 2013, 12:55:08 pm »

((You obviously have to pull a Samuel and make the mob dance, then lead them into the building dancing.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

((You obviously have to pull a Samuel and make the mob dance, then lead them into the building dancing.))
((I remember that. Heh. Maybe they'll help me cook him.))
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: June 06, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »

Never Split the Party so when Scott charges through Mark will help
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 719