Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540914 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5190 on: June 08, 2013, 06:51:37 pm »

Mark remembered what they were here for and looking around for the scam artist attacking him if found
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: June 08, 2013, 07:22:00 pm »

((Why don't you help us? Maybe we can concentrate our efforts in killing guards one by one. You know, if we count the drunks, we have a numerical advantage over those guards. Also, you are the one with a damned weapon that is able to hurt them))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: June 08, 2013, 07:31:32 pm »

[Perhaps he's trying to make sure he doesn't get away? After all, in this kind of ruckus every patron is fleeing for their lives right now I wager. The whole point of this would be lost if Herbert/Henry/John Doe got away, I think, as that is quite a bit of money he took.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: June 08, 2013, 07:33:17 pm »

((As it stands now, the corpses will bring us plenty of loot, but we have to win the fight))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: June 08, 2013, 07:35:38 pm »

((If it turns out that we're getting massacred, I'm going to activate my bluffing skills. 
To ridiculous effect.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: June 08, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »

((And while you bluff I hack them apart from behind. Ideally, if you can't fight well, you should distract the guards at least))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: June 08, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »

(yeah but there clubs are crushing damage so I would fall apart after a hit or two but I can help)
Mark before leaving the fight gives his sword to one of the drunkards
(You both are on the ground with a guard beating you)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:21:55 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: June 09, 2013, 03:08:01 am »

At the Ulubelle...

Niklas, figuring that nothing's lost yet, tries to stab a guard in the crotch after retrieving a knife with his non-broken arm! Fortunately, there is such a crotch within immediate reach!

[Niklas vs. Guard 3: 1 vs. 3+2-1]

As the knife hits the guard's codpiece with a clang, the guard looks down at the prone Niklas.

[Counterattack: Guard 3 vs. Niklas: 5+1 vs. 2-1]

He then set about turning Niklas' other arm into hamburger meat, an endeavor he succeeds admirably at, much to the chagrin of Niklas, who is left with zero functional arms! Niklas makes a furious warcry as he lies disabled on the ground!

[Niklas inspiration roll: 4]

The warcry, though coming from a man with two broken arms, manages to be somewhat inspiring for the drunkards, who then consider their momentary numerical superiority.

Scott, meanwhile, tries to get up and discreetly wander to the knife-throwing guard.

[Scott stealth vs. Guard perception: 2 vs. 6]

However, turns out that they didn't become guards because they're highly inattentive! Who knew? Scott tries to bite the guy anyway, though they are ready for him now!

[Scott vs. Guard 4: 5 vs. 5+2]

As he lunges for a bite, the guard kicks him in the gut, then considers his next move.

Behind the drunkard mob that's currently occupying the doorway, Sigmund jumps and takes a look at what's going on. Ah, looks like the honorable team are getting the proverbial shit kicked out of them. Better help out. But first he has to get through the mob clogging up the doorway!

[Sigmund mob navigation roll: 3]

After a good minute of trying to get through, Sigmund manages to get through despite the drunkards' best efforts! As he gets to the other side, he notices Mark leaving nonchalantly.

Little does he know that Mark is the only one here keeping the objective at heart and keeping generally chill and whatnot! The skeleton, noticing that the patrons are quickly leaving, decides to look for Gilroy among them!

Unfortunately, he spots nobody fitting the description of the captain among the ones still left. Maybe he's outside already? He assuredly couldn't have gotten far yet. Emphasis on yet. He throws his sword to one of the drunkards. Poor bastards really do need the help, he thinks.

As the skeleton searches, the drunkard mob comes to a decision! They will wait around some more, they decide. Maybe the guards will ignore them like they did Mark. Maybe they all can explain that this was all a big misunderstanding, guys.

At the same time, the guards focus on maiming Scott to the point of uselessness!

[Tripping: Guard 1 vs. Scott: 4 vs. 1]

One guard runs at him and delivers a mighty blow to the shin with his club, toppling the zombie rather easily!

[Mangling: Guard 2 vs. Scott: 4+1 vs. 6-1-1]

Another guard tries to hit Scott's leg, but results are fairly mixed, as Scott frantically tries to roll away!

[Mangling: Guard 3 vs. Scott: 1+1 vs. 1-2]

The second guard walks up to the guy and delivers a halfhearted bash to his other arm. This keeps Scott still for a bit.

[Mangling: Guard 4 vs. Scott: 1+1 vs. 4-2]

The fourth guard doesn't even bother with contributing much.

"What are you guys doing?" asks the shield guard. "That's not how you deal with a biter!"

He brandishes Niklas' cleaver.

[Maiming: Shield Guard vs. Scott: 2+2 vs. 5-2]

He plants his foot on Scott's face, forcing it to keep still, then starts to chop at his jaw. He doesn't get very far before Sigmund runs out of the drunkard mob, enacting a desperate assault!

[Throwing: Sigmund vs. Guard 1: 3+1 vs. 5+2-1]

He hurls a tomahawk at one guard, who easily sidesteps it.

"We've got more brave ones, lads," says the guard. Sigmund, feeling that this could have gone better, charges at the man!

[Sigmund vs. Guard 1: 1+1 vs. 6+2]

Sigmund runs right at the guard, though his charge is interrupted by the guard ducking right as he swings, making the vampire tumble right over him. He quickly retrieves the tomahawk that missed him from a nearby wall.

[Counterattack: Guard 1 vs. Sigmund: 6+1 vs. 4]

The guard then utilizes the tomahawk to start furiously chopping at Sigmund's tomahawk arm, not stopping until it is mostly severed, the limb limply lying on the floor in a puddle of blood.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, rather idle at the moment, chooses to ask a question of the captain.

"So, good captain, you know where Horizon Isle lies? I admit I only know what I was told by my compatriots, that it lays somewhere in the Sea of Death."

"Oh, THAT'S EASY! You SAIL along the coast to MOTHDALE, then proceed along the MYSTERIOUS ARCHIPELAGO UNTIL YOU REACH THE ISLE AT THE END OF IT. About a MONTH of SAILING, I'D SAY!"

The magical ruckus continues from within, intensifying noticeably as something dramatically shifts down there.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: June 09, 2013, 04:55:14 am »

Pray for salvation/victory or one through the other, then Rescue Sigmund with stabby action TO THA FACE!
"Stop trying to murder him, you low born barbarians!"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:57:06 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: June 09, 2013, 05:33:20 am »

[I think you guys should cut and run, while you still can. These guards have obviously been trained by the Whipman.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: June 09, 2013, 05:50:48 am »

((What Xanmyral said. Rolls like this for two consecutive turns are the first signs of Whip Man Syndrome. We won't need money where we're going anyway.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: June 09, 2013, 06:16:31 am »

(I was thinking that which was why I left you guys as well as they have a plus two to rolls and are equipped to kill me quickly)
Find and slay the con artist
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: June 09, 2013, 07:51:20 am »

Sigmund resorted to do what he did better: bluffing.

He said, pointing right behind the guard, and with a frightened face:

-Shit, for Velusius's sake WHAT'S THAT?

And he then chopped at one of his legs.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: June 09, 2013, 08:10:51 am »

Sigmund resorted to do what he did better: bluffing.

He said, pointing right behind the guard, and with a frightened face:

-Shit, for Velusius's sake WHAT'S THAT?

And he then chopped at one of his legs.
If this works it will reaffirm that the only way to defeat a whipman trained man is to distract with words
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: June 09, 2013, 08:20:11 am »

((And not fighting in the conventional way. I mean, who chops at the legs with a one handed axe?. Anyway, I lost an arm for a difference of 3 in rolls. Isn't it too much?))
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 719