Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542984 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5235 on: June 10, 2013, 05:26:37 am »

Scott will give Mark a firm handshake and look around for clues of Herbert's whereabouts.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: June 10, 2013, 06:30:59 am »

((Why it had to be me?))

Sigmund will see if the guards forgot to loot something of the bodies, then follow Mark to the ship, and ask Erin to fix him back to normal.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:49 am »

((Why it had to be me?))

Sigmund will see if the guards forgot to loot something of the bodies, then follow Mark to the ship, and ask Erin to fix him back to normal.
because someone had to satisfy my MAD DOCTOR URGES and you know you wanted it 
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: June 10, 2013, 08:23:35 am »

((I wouldn't mind that if my character had been another one, but I'm trying to role as a conceited bastard one that has a bit of self steem left))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:35 am »

((Yeah I'm still working on tearing out the last of that self esteem))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: June 10, 2013, 08:37:00 am »

((Let's see how this plays out. The perk of long arms is actually useful (except for the heads, that's just silly), but is definitely not something Sigmund would like to keep))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: June 10, 2013, 08:41:26 am »

((It makes you hard to kill unless they all are cut off))
My Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: June 10, 2013, 10:42:44 am »

[Hahaha, oh man that's awesome.]

Morton pondered weapons for the ship, trying to think of some... He admits he's not well versed in large weaponry. "A ballista perhaps?" It was the best he could offer. When Niklas finishes with his business with Erin, he'll ask, "Is there any way I can help, Chef Niklas?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: June 10, 2013, 11:18:40 am »

((Yus! FIRE THE BALLISTAE!))
Kevin nods approvingly at Morton's idea.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: June 10, 2013, 12:36:57 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, determined to prepare himself for revenge, marches up to Erin.

"Fix my arms."

Erin looks at him.

"Man, those look pretty broken. Let's see."

[Erin magic roll: 5+2]

One wave of Erin's hand later, Niklas' arms rapidly twist back into their proper shape! Then they twist out of it again. They appear to have become unusually wiry and whip-like, though still firm when Niklas feels like it. Pretty weird.

"I love havin' the power. So, weapons?"

Morton ponders this issue.

"A ballista, perhaps?"

Kevin, hearing Morton's words, begins to nod frantically. He likes the idea for some reason.

"Well, alright. A ballista's what you get, then!"

[Erin magic roll: 2+2]

A rather humble ballista grows out of the deck at Erin's beckoning, looming menacingly over the railing.

"Wait, does anybody actually know how to use siege weaponry here?"

Silence falls on the assembled group. A short while later the captain speaks up.

"I can TELEKINETICALLY DIRECT PROJECTILES. Does THAT count?"

"I guess we'll see, eh?"

Morton, now free of his brain-trust obligations, turns his attention to Niklas.

"Is there any way I can help, Chef Niklas?"

Niklas, however, remains stoically silent.

Back at the Ulubelle...

Scott, after seeing what happened to his buddy, gives Mark a firm, thankful handshake before going to look around for any sign of the fabled Herbert.

Looking outside, he realizes nobody's around. What he also realizes is that this was probably a prime hangout for Herbert and his entire stinking breed back when the proprietress wasn't brutally murdered and when there wasn't extreme violence going on in the main room.

Meanwhile, Mark quickly harvests the rest of the arms - can't let good material go to waste, after all - then leads Sigmund, currently a bit put off by his extreme makeover, back to the shrieking ship.

He is disappointed to find out that Niklas is already fixed. And even more disappointed when Sigmund walks up to Erin, pulling back his cloak and showing his arms to her.

"Holy crap, what happened to yer arms? I mean, that's some good workmanship on 'em, almost couldn't tell a lifemage didn't do it, but damn!"

"I'd rather not speak of it. Please, turn them back to normal."

"Normal, eh? Well, I guess I might as well."

[Erin magic roll: 5+2]

"... or I could do something else instead. Something better!"

Erin concentrates on Sigmund's branching arms, the fleshy appendages beginning to twist and change! The heads and branches are absorbed into the twisting flesh of the arms, resulting in a rather pronounced lengthening of the whole thing. By the end of the process, Sigmund's arms are once again completely different! They look to be of normal thickness, though now they sport a more unified skin shade, not to mention that all the branches and heads are gone. Now he's got arms about about as long as twice his total body length! They also appear to be far more segmented, with six joints on each arm.

"And here we go! Y'can even fold them up to make 'em appear... well, sorta normal. Anyway, have fun!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: June 10, 2013, 12:40:19 pm »

Niklas coughs politely.
It turns out that the guards at a restaurant the scammer was at were far better at fighting than most. I don't mind being beat by them, they're certainly worthy opponents, but they
took.
My.
Knives.
For that I will skin them alive and feed their faces to my cat in front of them. I need you to help me do that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: June 10, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »

((MY SIDES. THIS IS GLORIOUS.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: June 10, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

[I CAN ONLY AGREE. Also congrats Mark, your craftsmanship is akin to that of a lifemage.]

Morton looked at the ballista from afar. "Mage Erin, how fares the ship? I can only guess things are going exquisitely well." The undead butler said, optimistically.

Listening to Niklas, he asked a question. "Would these guards be back at the restaurant? Perhaps we can ask for them back? Might be worth a try." Surly they can be reasoned with, perhaps with some tea.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: June 10, 2013, 12:57:06 pm »

I tried. Bluffed that I was possessed by a pirate ghost. Bastard let me go, took my knives, and called himself a 'master chef or something'. Said I'd hurt myself with my knives and cleaver. Must. Kill.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: June 10, 2013, 01:00:56 pm »

Morton was silent for a bit, before casting a sidelong glance at Captain. "Said you were possessed by a pirate ghost?" The butler was silent for a moment. "Perhaps we can prove to them you were... Or at least, the knives are. If the captain is willing to lend a hand that is."

[So I got a plan formulating in my head... It requires tea, death-paste, the Captain, and a whole lotta luck and bluffing. Who wants to hear it?]
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 719