Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542928 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5340 on: June 13, 2013, 10:22:34 am »

((Oh, thanks))

Sigmund saw a really good opportunity in this trade, so he replied to Gunther:

-1 copper per twenty bolts? Give me sixty, then. I don't think that I'm going to use all of them, but, well, I can't ignore this offer.

Sigmund then goes back to the ship.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: June 13, 2013, 11:43:48 am »

Niklas shrugs. No big loss; something would turn up eventually, he was bound to run into some sort of animal companion. In the meantime he could only wait and cook. To that end he headed back towards town.

Go into a random building that isn't in the Trade Quarter and head for the kitchen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: June 13, 2013, 12:56:03 pm »

Scott shall ask the Artiste for one of HIS OWN gold coins and go find a potter, buying several sealable clay jars.

If the prince is unaccommodating, Scott shall go to the raided in to find some suitable glassware.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:18:51 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: June 13, 2013, 12:57:44 pm »

Scott shall ask the Artiste for one of HIS OWN gold coins and go find a potter, buying several sealable clay jars.
((You know that clay was used because glass was expensive, right? We razed a tavern, there should be some bottles there))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: June 13, 2013, 12:58:27 pm »

Kevin waits for the more adventurous skeleton (if it can still be called that) to take the initiative.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: June 13, 2013, 04:31:40 pm »

[Called it, Death Mushroom. Paste thickens in heat, mushrooms expand in heat, both deal with necrosis and death. Taken in death-mushroom area, can't remember if it was before the mushroom shot its spores everywhere or before, but if after that would explain what happened. ...I predict that if we left this alone, the spores (which I'm sure is what is causing this, the thickening is the spores growing which has been remarked as deadly, good thing we caught this soon) might of grown and our living companions might of been in a whole heap of trouble.]

"Curious. ...Almost reminds me of the... Surely not, it was bark I put in that water, right?" Morton mused to himself, something he's finding himself do more and more, as he looked at his creation, grabbing a spoon(or a butter+/knife if it is indeed that thick) approximate and getting a small spoonful of it. He looked it over closely, the texture, consistency, appearance, even smell. With a bit of hesitation, he touched the sample, getting a bit and rubbing it between his fingers. "Most unusual." He then tastes it, because why not?

"If heat seems to thicken it, perhaps I can make it thinner then with the cold..." The burned undead examines his supplies to see if he has enough to make a possible second batch, even if just a small amount. He mentally sighed, he should of done a small test batch first instead of going whole-hog. Live and learn though.

[EDIT: Better expanded upon what I was saying. So... We got a large petre dish of death spores, who wants some? I admit, I thought about smearing it on hands to go "dead hands" on them, but probably not the brightest. Problem is, if the spores are growing... They'd be less deadly, because I bet they're only dangerous in their spore form.

Unless I'm waaaaaaaay off the mark, which is utterly possible honestly. This seems the most plausible to me though.]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:51:06 pm by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: June 13, 2013, 07:24:16 pm »

Mark knocks on the door and asks what she meant by reward through interpretive dance
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: June 14, 2013, 08:03:54 am »

At Gunther Gunnarson's weapon stand...

Sigmund, seeing an opportunity for some cheap bolts, affirms his willingness to spend ill-gotten gains to purchase ammunition.

"1 copper per twenty bolts? Give me sixty, then. I don't think that I'm going to use all of them, but, well, I can't ignore this offer."

"Naturally! Sixty bolts, here we go."

He separates sixty bolts from the quiver and wraps them up in the standard Gunnarson parcel, handing it to Sigmund and taking three coppers as payment. Sigmund thanks the man and goes back to the ship as Gunther resumes the packing up of his stall.

Sigmund returns back to the ship, finding that the Artiste and the captain are still conversing as Erin appears to be slowly transmuting the mast into the same material that the hull is made of.

"... but isn't THAT a bit of a ROUNDABOUT WAY of going about it?"

"Certainly, but such is the way of bureaucracy. They're clever buggers, you see."

"... I NEVER WAS ONE for the BUREAUCRATIC SONG-AND-DANCE!"

Also among the returning people is Scott, who is having trouble with finding clay jars and requires gold to grease the wheels of supply in order to match the demand.

"Could I have some of MY OWN MONEY to purchase clay jars in order to execute proper pyromaniac warfare?"

The Artiste stops conversing with the captain for a moment and looks at Scott.

"Sure. Have one. Not like we'll need money where we're going."

He presses a single gold coin in Scott's hand which he retrieves from the box. Scott takes the coin and heads out to town, searching for a potter.

None of those around, though. At least none that are open at this hour. Hm, perform breaking and entering or go pick apart the Ulubelle?

In the woods outside of Shriekpot...

Niklas shrugs at the loss of the cats, then heads back into town, looking for a random building to invade.

He finds a rather large warehouse in the port area and walks right in. He looks for a kitchen for a while, but realizes that there really isn't one. It's a warehouse, after all. Also, he's pretty sure he heard something move right behind him, an ever so light step he can't help but find a bit familiar. He looks back, noticing a shadowy silhouette disappearing behind a tall wall of boxes.

At a tower in Shriekpot...

Kevin looks at Mark uncertainly, unsure about what one should do in such a situation. Mark, however, has a plan. He knocks on the tower. The woman pokes her head out of the tower as Mark begins an interpretive dance asking for clarification, but the woman says nothing. She merely drops a large bag out of the window on the ground. It lands pretty softly, and looks to be secured with a rope.

In the kitchen of the ghost ship...

Morton begins to muse aloud once again as he inspects the strange stuff he just made.

"Curious. Almost reminds me of the... surely not, it was bark I put in that water, right?"

He takes a spoon and plunges it into the mixture. It looks to be of a tar-like consistency, and it flows extremely slowly. Also, it appears to have a peculiar texture, most certainly not what one would expect of tea. It is an extremely dark reddish-brown in color, and smells a little bit like... mold, he thinks. Though there's something else as well. With that out of the way, he rubs a bit of the stuff through his fingers. It appears to provide more resistance the harder he presses it, and there's a slight feeling of it crumbling as he rubs it between his fingers. Also, it leaves a stain that is nothing short of awful.

"Most unusual."

He then licks his fingers. They taste awful, with a hint of terrible. Some of it is probably due to the goo.

"If heat seems to thicken it, perhaps I can make it thinner then with the cold..."

As he muses, he consults his tea-making supplies, coming to the conclusion that he has enough spring water to make about one more full pitcher of tea. The same cannot be said of the paste, which he has run out of. As for the actual tea leaves, there's plenty of those. More than one person could probably hope to drink in two months unless they were some sort of tea-crazed lunatic.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: June 14, 2013, 08:39:13 am »

Breaking and entering sounds cool, though more of the entering than breaking would be more useful for Scott in this instance.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: June 14, 2013, 08:41:33 am »

[Oh damn, Niklas. Niklas get outta there.]

And Morton is just one such tea-crazed lunatic, but for now he sighs and looks at the goo-tea. He doesn't know how to test it without someone alive, but is afraid for what might happen so would be loathe to test it, but the lives of his friends might depend on it working... Morton ponders as he searches around the kitchen for ice, or anything he could use to cool the substance, as well as a smaller pot. If a smaller pot is obtained, he'd scoop out some of the team goo into said pot and try to cool it down if such a measure is found. "Have to get this to work..."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: June 14, 2013, 09:30:50 am »

Sigmund will look for Keving in the ship, and as he is not there, he will go to the Artiste and say:

-Master, I bought these bolts for our skeletal friend, but it seems that he is around here at the moment. Would you be so kind to give them to him in case I'm not present? I would be more that grateful if you agree.

Then he will go back to the ship and look for Morton:

-So, how is the poisoned tea going?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: June 14, 2013, 09:57:45 am »

Morton looks up from his search for the moment to see Sigmund. "The results are intriguing, but not of the helpful variety sadly. It turned out to be less tea, more of a sandwich spread, seems heat caused the paste to thicken instead of properly dilute. You can look at the mixture for yourself, I believe it to still possibly be harmful but I'm afraid I can't verify if it would be on the same level as the paste. We could serve them sandwiches I suppose, or find another use for it. I'm looking for a way to cool down a portion of it, to test to see if I can get it to thin a bit perhaps. If I had more of the paste, I could try again with a cold tea brewing, but sadly such isn't the case." The undead explained in detail.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: June 14, 2013, 10:13:56 am »

Sigmund looked at the butler intrigued, and then said:

-We should see if we could get more of that paste. You don't know what it was, right? Maybe we can do some experiments. See, I have this mushroom that I took off Mark when he was infected. It's Deathcap. It's spores supposedly cause people's lungs to explode, and it grows with just heat. Seeing that Mark got this in the same place Kevind found that "bark", it could be poissible that, in fact, this was the thing that got boiled and transformed in that black paste.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:32 am »

Kevin peforms another skeletal shrug and peeks inside the bag. If the rope is too firmly secured, he tries to poke a hole in the bag with one of his fingers.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:32 am »

Niklas stiffened. He knew that sound.
Ninja chef.
With a mighty Viking roar he turned around and sent the crates crumbling down!

Push the crates over onto the sunuvabitch!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 719