Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542904 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5460 on: June 18, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »

Sigmund dropped his guisarme and shouted to Morton:

-Chop the damned branch!

EDIT:

If Morton can't chop the branch, Sigmund will try to slip away like the sneaky bastard he is.

If that fails, he will hate the tree into submission

((And if everything fails, we should just burn it.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: June 18, 2013, 01:56:54 pm »

((I'll strangle him if feeding him Drano does nothing.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 18, 2013, 03:11:00 pm »

Morton heard Sigmund and saw his situation. Now was not the time to quiver in fear, he has to do something or good Sir Sigmund might die. Dragging himself to his feet and taking up Sigmund's fallen weapon, he takes a swing at the branch holding Sigmund, issuing forth a battle cry. "Tally ho!"

[Sorry for crappy post, phone.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: June 18, 2013, 04:35:28 pm »

Scott shall down the sludge and go find a place that would stock pitch and raid it.
Shouting "I hate this gods damned city!"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: June 18, 2013, 06:29:50 pm »

Mark gets out the two arms he retrived earlir and trys to fix Kevin's lack of arms
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: June 19, 2013, 07:08:25 am »

In the kitchen of the Feisty Jelly...

Niklas looks for all sorts of liquids he can find that he could possibly use to decrease the consciousness level of this particular drunkard.

Fortunately, there is plenty of water around. And milk, too, for some reason. He begins pouring it into the drunkard's mouth in great amounts.

The drunkard drinks a whole lot of it, then vomits profusely. He looks better already! Niklas also supposes one could get extremely inebriated from the fumes the guy's vomit produces if they felt like sniffing the stuff, but that's not really the objective here, is it?

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin, disappointed and somewhat pissed right now, walks up to the Artiste and points to his lack of arms.

"Ah, you appear to have no arms, jester-friend! Hang on, I'll call for Erin. Erin!"

Erin looks at the Artiste.

"Yeah?"

"My friend here requires urgent assistance! He appears to have been fractured to bits!"

"I'm on a break! Can't this wait? Ya shouldn't overuse magic, ya know. How about in half an hour? I'm a bit hungry right now."

"Ooh, now that you mention it, I'm slightly hungry as well. What say you we go and have dinner?"

"Yeah, sure."

"To the den, then! Everybody capable of digestion, come with me!"

"Dinner sounds good."

"Yeah, let's eat!"

The three mages and the Artiste head downstairs to the den. Damn it. Kevin looks around. What is Mark doing over there? Something troubling, he bets.

[Mark "medicine" roll: 4+1]

Kevin is a bit surprised when he sees Mark show a perfectly serviceable, evidently cleaned pair of skeletal arms that show very little abnormality whatsoever in addition to a rather nicely-done shoulder line, then walk up and nonchalantly attach them to his fractured body after removing some of the less structurally-sound bones.

Mark gets the feeling that this is a bit of a half-measure, though - Kevin's entire body is covered in fractures. He'll need more than just an arm replacement to work as efficiently as before. But hey, at least he's not armless anymore! Lacking a ribcage, sure, but at least not armless!

At an unusually hateful tree...

Sigmund, in a fit of practicality and generosity, drops his guisarme on the ground for Morton to grab and possibly utilize.

"Chop the damned branch!"

Morton staggers to his feet, then goes about chopping while feebly issuing a "Tally ho!"

[Chopping roll: 2]

Midway through, he realizes two things. Firstly, a guisarme isn't exactly a chopping weapon. It's a spear plus a hook - hardly the best thing to cut branches with, pruning hook ancestry of the weapon be damned. Also, there's a whole lot of branches wrapping around Sigmund.

Speaking of Sigmund, the vampire notices that he isn't likely to be helped by Morton presently and so just tries to slip out of the tree's grasp.

[Escape artistry roll: 1]

He expertly breaks his pelvis to escape! Well, except he doesn't escape. He does have a broken pelvis now, though! That's a start if half of what he's heard about being an escape artist is correct!

Still, maybe he should try something else. Sigmund hates a lot of stuff (or at the very least dislikes it in a civilized fashion), like Mark, for instance! Maybe he can hate the tree right back!

[Hate-off: Sigmund vs. Tree of Hatred: 3 vs. 1+2]

Even though the tree isn't targeting him specifically right now, the tree does seem to be more than capable of matching the amateur levels of hatred Sigmund can muster. Maybe competing with something in quite possibly the only domain it has truly mastered isn't the best idea.

However, the tree does seem to have started to pay attention to him again. Sigmund feels awfully cold and heavy suddenly, while Morton feels a tad better. In addition, the area that the tree has grabbed him by, roughly correlating with his waist and abdomen, is beginning to hurt in a most un-vampiric fashion.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Scott, unhappy about the results of his experiment, downs the jarful of sludge. It is exactly as good as he imagined it.

With that done, he looks for a place that may have pitch in a reasonable quantity.

He supposes a warehouse might have it somewhere. Or a shipyard. But he doesn't know of any shipyards in town, at least none that have pitch in plain view and all. Or drydocks, either.

Damn, it would certainly have paid off to go into town more during his lifetime. Maybe then he wouldn't be as lost trying to find stuff as he obviously is.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:25:03 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:24 am »

Sigmund shouted to Morton:

-Use the hook! Cut the branches with...aghh...the hook.

Sigmund then tries to break the smaller branches with his elongated arms.

((Side note: a hook was sometimes used to cut branches. The English bill was designed to do that, or at least I think so.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: June 19, 2013, 08:55:52 am »

take my new test subject on a trip to find a new sorce of body parts(look for a lone drunk or anyone alone)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: June 19, 2013, 10:20:29 am »

Scan the dockyard for large structures and break into them.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: June 19, 2013, 11:04:59 am »

Oh for - wait this is a kitchen.

Search for knives.
-Cut his throat and empty his blood into a pot
-Cut out his stomach and pour the contents into a pot
-Same as above with intestines
-Add vomit to pot
-Get a really big bucket and mix the contents of the three pots together
-Put more alcoholic beverage into it
-Add spice
-Stir with spoon/ladle
-Put in bottles
Done!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: June 19, 2013, 11:15:17 am »

Kevin shrugs, somewhat happy at the fact that he isn't a monstrosity, and realises this is probably the best way to get his  body back. So he decides to follow Mark again. He does make a mental note to leave the bag-opening to Mark in the future, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: June 19, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »

Somewhat offended at the insult to his apparent trustworthiness, Darren takes the opprotunity to yell a bit, ducking behind cover, or into the earth.
"Hey! Is this how you treat everyone who shows up here?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: June 19, 2013, 03:57:40 pm »

"Good Sir Sigmund! Foul tree, you have crossed yourself against me today! Have at you!" Morton spoke indignantly towards the tree, trying to chop the branches again with the pole arm, focusing on using the hook this time however. Hopefully, if nothing else, maybe he could draw the tree's attention away from Sigmund... Oh bother, this has all gone terribly wrong so fast. Why did he think he could be play at alchemist?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:19 pm »

((If this fails I have already planned what can we do, as a plan B. And hopefully it will be hilarious))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: June 19, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

[I burn the tree, or we combine our hatred towards it? Both?]
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 719