Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540867 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5475 on: June 19, 2013, 06:34:42 pm »

[I burn the tree, or we combine our hatred towards it? Both?]
((Second option, but Sigmund incites Morton's hate first))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: June 19, 2013, 07:22:02 pm »

[I burn the tree, or we combine our hatred towards it? Both?]
((Second option, but Sigmund incites Morton's hate first))
((So your plan towards the hate tree is to try to out hate it while it is doing something to your body. As a note to self I need to get a new body for you.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: June 19, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »

[Well, combined, what has more hate than a servant who hasn't openly expressed hatred in the whole game and a scorned accountant/consultant who has wound up in the predicaments of this game? The tree probably, but we may be able to give it a run for its money.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:35 pm »

((Ah, but you don't know Sigmund's secret weapon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: June 19, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »

[Ooooh snap. That would do it, well played.

EDIT: Hm, rereading Morton did actually express anger once, when his knees were almost busted. A man of his work place should have plenty to spare though.]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:00:30 pm by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: June 19, 2013, 10:09:30 pm »

((Ah, but you don't know Sigmund's secret weapon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware The Nice Ones
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: June 20, 2013, 04:44:16 am »

((I don't think that trope applies to Morton. But then again, only Xanmyral knows.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: June 20, 2013, 06:35:09 am »

At the Tree of Hate...

Sigmund, gathering his strength, orders Morton to try and chop with the hook. That's what it's there for, right? Pruning branches?

"Use the hook! Cut the branches with...aghh...the hook."

He then tries to break off some of the smaller branches with his long arms!

[Strength roll: 6+1]

He grabs a few of the larger branches and rips them right off their base! This, naturally, is not received well by the tree. However, it shouldn't be as difficult for Morton to get his chopping over with.

"Good Sir Sigmund! Foul tree, you have crossed yourself against me today! Have at you!" Morton indignantly says to the tree, beginning to seriously work at getting Sigmund out of there.

[Chopping roll: 6+1]

He starts to mutilate the tree excessively, hacking at the branches wildly until Sigmund is free. Then he gives the tree an extra trim for good measure, and a bit after that for his own exquisite pleasure. Maybe he should have become a gardener. At the end of the chopping spree Morton points the guisarme at the tree menacingly.

The tree seems to still be seething, but not to a degree where it feels comfortable continuing straight-up combat. It is, if not comfortable, at least rather unwilling to tangle with Morton and Sigmund at the distance they currently inhabit. Morton looks at the pile of branches at his feet. Well, that's some good quality firewood right there. That wasn't so difficult, was it?

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark, having temporarily gained Kevin's trust, decides to take him on a walk on the wild side of Shriekpot.

However, Kevin is interrupted by the captain.

"Hey, YOU'RE KEVIN, I guess? CATCH!"

[Captain telekinesis roll: 2+1]

A quiver of bolts shuffles in Kevin's direction slowly.

"Well, PERHAPS 'CATCH' wasn't the RIGHT WORD! 'PICK UP' would be MORE APPROPRIATE!"

Not one to argue semantics, Kevin takes the bolts and follows Mark. Let the body run commence! The two skeletal figures walk into town and look for people who are quite alone at the moment.

Ah! Over there! A rather large, but also totally clueless, unarmed and unsuspecting fellow seems to have meandered into a dark alley over there. He looks like a source of high-quality bones to Mark. Probably drinks a lot of milk, judging by the look of him. Also, he looks more than a tad tipsy, which also works in Mark's favor.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Scott develops a quick strategy in his increasingly long quest for good pitch. He looks for sufficiently large structures to plunder in the port!

Fortunately, there is one such building! It is both rather large and located near the water, so he supposes it might be what he's looking for. Checking one of the doors, he finds it to be shockingly unlocked. Walking right in, he notices that this does indeed appear to be some sort of drydock. In fact, there's currently a ship in it. The sounds of workmen going about whatever workmen do while repairing ships come from within it, and there are some people inspecting it from the outside as well.

They haven't noticed Scott yet from the looks of it.

In the kitchen of the Feisty Jelly...

Niklas, having given up on the idea of further anesthesizing the drunkard, looks for a knife. Fortunately, there's a perfectly good kitchen knife around. He goes back to the drunkard.

[Sneak Attack: Niklas vs. Drunkard: 4+1 vs. 6-1-1]

He walks up from behind the drunkard, then takes out his knife! He ambles up to the seated drunkard and grabs him from behind, then tries to slit his throat. However, he only nicks it before the hopelessly drunk individual falls backwards on top of him, slightly impacting Niklas on the chest and causing him to lose his grip, which is an opportunity the drunkard utilizes to slowly roll off the chef and get up. Niklas also promptly gets up.

"A-wha-hey! Didya just try to kill me? I think ya just tried to kill me! Look, I'm bleedin' here!"

Near a hill fort on a wet and miserable plain...

Darren, offended by the inhumane treatment he has been subjected to, cautiously advances toward the hill fort once more, making sure to duck into the ground.

"Hey! Is this how you treat everyone who shows up here?"

The bowman looks to be a bit confused by the fact that only Darren's head is poking out of the ground.

"SPIRIT!" he yells. "STATE YER INTENTIONS!"

He appears to still be aiming for Darren.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: June 20, 2013, 07:13:33 am »

Mark follows the drunk and attempts to slit his throat from behind with one of the surgical knives.
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: June 20, 2013, 09:31:46 am »

((And that was good luck))

Sigmund shhok the brances and leaves off him, and told to Morton:

-This was definitely something one doesn't see every day. I want ask someone about plants and emotions. This really doesn't make sense.

He then shrugs and resumes his speech:

-At least we have some wood now. Help me carry it to the house.

Sigmund then carries the branches and deposits them in the fire pit, but he keeps one and inspects it

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: June 20, 2013, 09:40:41 am »

Kevin stays at a good distance from the scene, considering that he isn't exactly combat-ready yet (or anymore).

((Also, didn't I already recieve bolts from the Artiste a few updates ago?))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: June 20, 2013, 09:43:01 am »

You had no arms to get them, so they weren't given to you.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:56 am »

Attempt to be sneaky and look for barrels of pitch.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: June 20, 2013, 10:13:28 am »

You had no arms to get them, so they weren't give to you.
((I guess))

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 719