Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542587 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5610 on: June 27, 2013, 02:18:28 am »

(I have clothes when did I get clothes)
Mark fearing for the tree on his head takes off running back to the village well and leaps down it.

again.
((Meh, I would assume that even a human skeleton would be embarresesed from being 'naked' despite the lack of flesh.
But oh well, I changed the post and now endanger the sensibilities of the entire group. Well done you :P))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:05:36 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: June 27, 2013, 02:39:18 am »

(I have clothes when did I get clothes)
Mark fearing for the tree on his head takes off running back to the village well and leaps down it.

again.
((Meh, I would assume that even a human skeleton ould be embarresesed from being 'naked' despite the lack of flesh.
But oh well, I changed the poost and now endanger the sensibilities of the entire group. Well done you :P))
((you have come far my young apprentice soon we will move on to learning the art of !!SCIENCE!!.))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: June 27, 2013, 04:05:08 am »

In a seemingly unoccupied slaughterhouse...

Niklas, making sure to keep his head straight and cool as always with his hands, searches about for tools of enlightened butchery.

This being a slaughterhouse, there are cleavers of large, medium and small sizes, knives of many sorts and even a whole bunch of meat hooks, not to mention what appears to be a saw on hand.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund glances at Mark with a considerable measure of disdain as Morton petitions the fellow for aid. However, Morton is first harrowed by the sight of Kevin, who appears to have been transformed into both a hideous abomination and a fishing rod.

"O-oh dear. What happened to you good Jester Kevin? Are you alright like that? Do you need assistance?"

Kevin says nothing, though. Morton supposes he's alright and coughs politely as he addresses Mark.

"Sir Mark, in our hunt for more of the necrotic paste substance we have deemed that it has come from the Death Mushrooms that inhabit the woods near previous Yaleson Manor. We went to fetch some, but came afoul of the spores, and recalled that you had some grow on yourself, but did not know how you managed to get rid of said growth. If you could perhaps enlighten us, so as to not be a harm to our still-living companions?"

Mark, however, appears to have been spooked by something, and he immediately runs off.

"...Well, there he went I suppose. Perhaps he didn't hear us?"

Morton shrugs, and Sigmund reciprocates with the same.

"We should follow him, I fear that he will get himself killed."

"Now, now, good Sir Sigmund, surely he has an instinct of self-preservation, I doubt he would kill himself."

Still, just in case, they follow Mark!

[Mark movement roll: 1+1]
[Sigmund movement roll: 6]
[Morton movement roll: 3-1]

Both of the undead keep up with Mark, who seems to be leisurely pacing through town to his destination, following him to wherever he may go.

[Tree endurance roll: 5]

The tree-headed skeleton unfailingly travels to a well somewhere in town, then proceeds to dive right in. Oh dear, what's he doing? Sigmund looks down, seeing the fellow sink down to the bottom of the thing. Sigmund considers how best to rescue the creature, and comes to the conclusion that he hasn't the foggiest. He's got no rope, and he isn't sure diving down after the guy is a good idea. He might get hurt. And it's deep. And dark.

Morton also looks into the well. It is at about this point that he is informed by a gust of wind and a certain dangling sensation that something important to him is missing.

[Scott thievery vs. Morton perception: 6 vs. 2]

Back at the ship, Scott marvels at the rather fine quality of the livery he has just procured. Gary, for all his faults, had pretty good taste. This will make for nice bomb material! Flammable, but not extremely so. Not to mention stylish. Also, there's a dusting rag with a mushroom in it in the pocket. Extra loot! Could this night get better? Scott believes so, but not by much!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:08:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: June 27, 2013, 04:07:57 am »

((I stole Mortons breeches. :3))

Convert as little of the livery as possible into fuses and 'wire' the bombs up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:27:03 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: June 27, 2013, 04:09:03 am »

Convert Breeches into fuses and 'wire' the bombs up.

You stole his entire livery, actually.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: June 27, 2013, 04:09:54 am »

Oh...Oh my.

Cackles with inane glee

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: June 27, 2013, 04:10:49 am »

Convert Breeches into fuses and 'wire' the bombs up.

You stole his entire livery, actually.
((Dear god. Ye hath little idea of what you've unleashed. Nothing can stand against a butler who's had his livery stolen.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: June 27, 2013, 04:24:57 am »

((Especially if he's the best friend of what amounts to the Hulk in skeletal form. That said, I have no idea what to have Kevin do right now.))
Kevin tries to run after Morton

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: June 27, 2013, 04:28:31 am »

((Especially if he's the best friend of what amounts to the Hulk in skeletal form. That said, I have no idea what to have Kevin do right now.))

You're less like the Hulk and more like a skeletal, extremely spiky stick insect thing with a stretched-out face banner that you can make funny faces with. And a fishing rod on your spine.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: June 27, 2013, 04:34:55 am »

((The hulk looks cuddly compared to that O>o)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: June 27, 2013, 05:30:23 am »

[I can't tell you how hard I am laughing right now.]

Morton looked down the well, contemplating how they might be able to rescue the strange fellow who had just jumped down it, the burned butler wondering if perhaps he had spoken too soon about the self-preservation instinct... Until a stray gust of wind that is.

The undead, looking down at himself, would of paled if his face was still capable of doing so. Instead it just had a mixture of confusion, horror, and shame. "O-oh d-dear. Ohdearohdearohdearohdear--" The burned butler immediately tried to hide behind something to cover his shame, moving the backpack to try and cover himself additionally as well. He had absolutely no idea what happened, and tried not to think too hard about the fact that he doesn't believe the backpack was ever removed between the trip from Yaleson manor to here, which is the best timeline he knew of when he lost his livery. "U-Uh-hm... G-Good Sir Si-Sigmund? A-A most grave of f-fate has bef-fell me, I-I'm afria-ad, I re-require assistance i-if you would... H-how long was I... I... Indecent." Truly, this is every butler's worst nightmare.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:31:57 am by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: June 27, 2013, 06:28:42 am »

[I can't tell you how hard I am laughing right now.]
((not as hard as I am right now))
Mark seeing concerned faces starts climbing up the well remembering where he put his hands and feet last time
(+1 to roll for memory Hopefully? ???)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: June 27, 2013, 06:40:14 am »

((Hopefully he has a spare livery back at the house :]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: June 27, 2013, 06:44:03 am »

((I love this game))

Sigmund pays no attention to Morton's gibberish and extends his elongated arms and pulls Mark out of the well as he tries to climb.

EDIT:
After pulling Mark out of the well, Sigmund said:

-What did you say about him having the instinct of self-preservation? Wait, what on Earth?

He then looks to the other side and adds:

-When did you take off your clothes? And, more importantly, why did you take them off?

He then sighes and says:

-Well, if you want to use this opportunity, you can wash off those spores now, but let me ask tree-head first.

He then asked Mark:

-How did you get rid of those mushrooms growing all over your body?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: June 27, 2013, 07:55:57 am »

((I love this game))
-How did you get rid of those mushrooms growing all over your body?
((I love this game and all you guys without people like you(including harry)this wouldn't have been as awesome as it is.So thanks))
Mark hearing the the last request after being helped the last bit out of the well pointed to the salt water.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 719