Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542871 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5625 on: June 27, 2013, 08:07:57 am »

Sigmund, rather dissapointed to see that the solution was just having a bath, told Morton:

-It seems that the solution was having a bath, at the sea. I suggest you to dive into it before you get more embarrased about your situation.

Sigmund will:
-Go to the shore with Morton.
-Say: "I'm going to have a bath, don't look"
-He will then take out his clothes and dust them.
-Then he will go into shallow water and wash himself.
-After washing, Sigmund will go out of the water and shake like a dog to get dry.
-After that, he will put on his clothes again.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: June 27, 2013, 06:18:50 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, faced with a vast, bountiful source of resources for his needs, wisely decides to save some for later zany schemes. That is, after he cackles with satisfaction. After all, how much cloth do you really need to make one fuse?

[Fusemaking roll: 3]

He bites a sizable piece of cloth out of the livery, then sets about twisting it into a fuse while chewing off unnecessary bits. It works nicely! He now has one fuse! And a livery with a sizable hole in it!

Kevin, having had his fill of barbarism today, runs to look for his butler buddy. He promptly gets lost in the dark, foreboding city, having found no trace of the fellow.

At one of Shriekpot's wells...

Morton, rather distracted by the matter of his own alarming nakedness, hides behind a nearby rock. It's a small rock, but it certainly helps him keep modest with the aid of his backpack. The shame persists, however, still not satisfied with the small oasis of cover.

"O-oh d-dear. Ohdearohdearohdearohdear- u-uh-hm... G-Good Sir Si-Sigmund? A-A most grave of f-fate has bef-fell me, I-I'm afrai-aid, I re-require assistance i-if you would... H-how long was I... I... indecent?" he asks of Sigmund. However, the vampire is a tad busy right now helping the daft bugger who jumped down the well, Mark.

Down at the well, Mark tries to recall how he got out of here the first time. Fortunately, it was yesterday, so it's not that difficult to remember. And with the aid of Sigmund, he gets out rather easily, weighing more than 200 kilograms be damned. It is at this point that Sigmund attempts to make a snide comment.

"What did you say about him having the instinct of self-preservation? Wait, what on Earth?"

However, his wit is momentarily distracted by the fact that Morton appears to be using a backpack to cover his heavily-burned dangly bits. And the fact that he appears to be completely naked otherwise.

"When did you take off your clothes? And, more importantly, why did you take them off?"

After Morton completely fails to give a sensible answer, Sigmund gives up.

"Well, if you want to use this opportunity, you can wash off those spores now, but let me ask tree-head first."

He finally asks his dear old friend Mark about what he wants to know.

"How did you get rid of those mushrooms growing all over your body?"

Mark points dramatically to the west, toward the port. Sigmund believes he can divine some information out of this gesture! Time for a beach run! He fetches the embarrassingly naked Morton and runs off to the harbor, briefly stopping at an intersection, but successfully distracting himself with thoughts of a midnight dip in the extremely salty Sea of Pleasant Winds.

When he reaches the shore, he wades into the water after undressing and telling Morton to point his naked ass rather than his confused face in his now equally nudity-saturated direction. Then he has a nice bath.

He feels cleaner! And saltier, too. How nice. After drying himself, Sigmund gets out of his birthday suit and into his proper outfit, now fresh and clean, ready for action!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: June 27, 2013, 06:58:02 pm »

((Auto me to help Morton, as this is probably my last post until tomorrow. Idea: steal clothes and armor from the guard who survived the fire-mage attack in Brinwick's Books))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: June 27, 2013, 07:11:54 pm »

Morton positively didn't know how to respond to Sigmund, much to worried about his indecency. Truly this is a horrible nightmare, it must be! How else could he have lost his clothing without noticing after all! The undead butler tried to think of ways to wake himself up from this most-probable delusion... Perhaps good Sir Sigmund is giving him a clue with his previous bath? At least that's what he was guessing that splashing sound was... Yes, that must shake him out of this indecency-plagued nightmare!

"G-good Sir Sigmund, just a moment if you will. I-I advise you to avert your eyes for decencies sake." Once that is done, Morton will remove the backpack and take the plunge into the salty water. Well, rather he'll wade into the shallow end and submerge himself for a moment or two, eyes closed, then arise to see if he's somewhere else and properly free of this obvious delusion. If failure is met, the burned butler will sigh and wash himself as well. It will probably do him some good, no?

The butler, if previous delusion breaking failure was met, will climb back onto land and try to dry off, and return the backpack. "Good S-Sir Sigmund, I'd much appreciate something of the clothing nature... I-I'm not entirely sure where my livery went off to. Or how it left my person. I-If you wouldn't terribly mind, I-I'd like to look for a clothing shop... Perhaps, tea willing, they're open this late of an hour..."

Morton then does so with the help of Sigmund. Still only if previous delusion breaking failure was met.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:29:18 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: June 27, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »

*kid in a candy store mode activate*

Niklas gleefully runs around collecting ALL the butchery tools.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: June 27, 2013, 07:53:39 pm »

Mark heads back to the boat looking for anything that could be reperposed as a fishing rod
(Hope I get a few the trip will be long)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: June 28, 2013, 02:22:23 am »

Make enough fuses for all the bombs...then leave the livery in a bush somewhere.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: June 28, 2013, 07:33:35 am »

At the shore of the Sea of Pleasant Winds...

Morton, taking advantage of Sigmund's considerate, considerable, wordless and, most of all, completely unconditional aid, decides to go for a nice bath. Well, not so much a nice bath as an attempt to break himself out of this hellish twilight zone of awkwardness and failure that he currently appears to be stuck in with little hope of outside rescue.

"G-good Sir Sigmund, just a moment if you will. I-I advise you to avert your eyes for decencies sake."

Sigmund, ever the stoic, does so. Morton relieves the backpack of its solemn duty for a moment and dives into the extremely salty bit of water.

Sadly, this fails to make reality seem any better. How terrible. He climbs back out onto land and dries off, then takes the backpack and lets it resume its paramount responsibility.

"Good S-Sir Sigmund, I'd much appreciate something of the clothing nature... I-I'm not entirely sure where my livery went off to. Or how it left my person. I-If you wouldn't terribly mind, I-I'd like to look for a clothing shop... Perhaps, tea willing, they're open this late of an hour..."

Sigmund shrugs, and the duo go out looking for good shopping locations. And, though none look to be open, they do meet a fellow on the street. A rather colorful fellow with a donkey trailing behind him. The donkey's back appears to be laden with fine fabrics, some of which look mighty peculiar indeed, and the man himself is dressed in a very concealing black robe. You cannot even see his face.

"Hello, dear friends," the man says in a crackling voice, two glowing orbs from under his hood peering at Morton. "It appears like one of you has had a wardrobe malfunction. I can help with that. Are you willing?"

One of his hands, resembling more a blackened lobster claw than a human appendage, taps impatiently as he regards Morton.

In your friendly neighborhood slaughterhouse...

Niklas happily collects all the wonderful implements of butchery as he runs around the slaughterhouse, his head joyfully, yet limply hanging downwards. At the end of the exploitation of this marvelous bonanza, Niklas is left holding a pile of 4 large meat cleavers, 6 medium meat cleavers, 7 small meat cleavers, 6 meat hooks, 10 butcher's knives and 3 saws of different sizes!

[Niklas strength roll: 2+1]

Sadly, this stuff is far too heavy to lug around easily. Well, at least it's all in one pile now.

At a well in Shriekpot...

Mark decides to head down to the ship and find something safer than Kevin to fish with. Once he arrives, he considers what he could possibly repurpose for such a function.

Fortunately, there's a perfectly good harpoon tied to the mast already. That's kind of like a fishing rod, and the rope is certainly long enough to fish with. Not to mention that it's unlikely that he'll be pulled overboard by it unless there's a freak accident. Which may indeed happen, given enough bad luck, but still. And he even has bait. So it's all good now.

Slightly farther away from Mark, Scott continues making fuses, soon having created three more at great expense to Morton's livery. Now to dispose of the evidence!

Scott, after making sure to have removed the wrapped mushroom he found in the pocket of the thing for safekeeping, hides the mangled livery in a nearby barrel of sauerkraut. Even if somebody suspected that it was actually in there, Scott doubts they might still want it back in that case. After sealing the barrel, he heads back onto the ship, whistling at the perfection that his crime has attained through his stupendous efforts.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: June 28, 2013, 07:43:13 am »

Sigmund took the initiative, considering that Morton was feeling rather awkward:

-Yes, of course, sir. Are you a tailor of some kind?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: June 28, 2013, 07:47:36 am »

Mark baits the harpoon and starts fishing and doing rituals.
(Selling fish souls anyone want some)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: June 28, 2013, 07:51:09 am »

((Only if I could eat them. Maybe the Artiste is interested? Muehehe))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: June 28, 2013, 08:17:47 am »

Morton nodded at the strange tailor, thankful that Sigmund was taking the initiative. Anything to remove his... His... Indecency. Although Morton does presently wonder how exactly he plans on paying for said clothing however... Bother. "Y-yes, yes, clothes would be most excellent good sir, I-I appear to have wound up indecent by... S-something. I'm not sure how exactly." Sadly, Morton can strike 'all of this is a horrible dream' off the list of possibilities.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: June 28, 2013, 08:48:32 am »

((Only if I could eat them. Maybe the Artiste is interested? Muehehe))
((If he sees what I'm doing here then he might be.))
My Sig

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: June 28, 2013, 10:47:56 am »

Scott will give the mushroom to the Artiste, the living need food right?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: June 28, 2013, 10:53:14 am »

((And you will get us ALL killed. I hope the RNG doesn't hates us, so much, at least))
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 719