Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542613 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5745 on: July 03, 2013, 05:59:22 pm »

Niklas will run back to the harbor as fast as is physically possible and jump in the water to extinguish the flames!
He will head over to the ship via swimming if they don't go out.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: July 03, 2013, 06:08:38 pm »

Mark goes to find the transmuter and asks here through writing slugs if she can turn some of the deck to stone for bonfires.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: July 03, 2013, 06:56:41 pm »

"And what if I brought some things back? How do you pay people who loot the catacombs?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »

After Morton's speech, Sigmund added:

-Maybe you can wait here while I get another test subject? Tricking someone into doing something that can turn you into a desk would be difficult. I know of someone who will surely be bored by this time, maybe I can convince him.

But, before going on his fool-hunt, Sigmund asked:

-May I take your fire-making device? It's because I may need it and, well, your current state doesn't allow you to use it.

Sigmund then leaves and goes to the book shop where he had bought the book on the Real of Dreams

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »

"Of course, it isn't a problem, good Sir Sigmund. Although I do hope to deal with that issue eventually." Morton opened the drawer where the fire making device was held for Sigmudn.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: July 04, 2013, 04:50:30 am »

((I've recently started reading The Colour of Magic, and it kinda reminded me of your writing style, Harry.))

Kevin heads out into the town again, looking for something to do.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: July 04, 2013, 05:45:19 am »

In the mean streets of Shriekpot...

Scott, wandering the streets in the early morning as the sun still refuses to rise, goes into the Feisty Jelly to look for any ragamuffins to question about affiliations with the guards of the infamous Ulubelle.

Sadly, the place is rather empty. Whatever drunks were here previously are now either dead, at home or carried off somewhere they will hopefully stink less. The inside of the tavern is completely desolate, and a feeling of profound loneliness assaults Scott as not even the barkeep seems to be around. At least, that's what he can tell from the window. The door is rather locked currently.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Sigmund wholeheartedly supports the idea of Craig finding the Artiste.

"Of course there wouldn't be any problem with you doing that. He is actually in a human body. Well, I have never seen it myself in another body, but the member of our group that has spent more time with him probably has. But I'm afraid that he must be sleeping now, so it would be better if we don't bother him now. Well, at least that is my opinion. Maybe, meanwhile, I can get another test subject for you."

"A human body? Demons don't do that. At least, they're not known to. But I can certainly wait, yes. Particularly if you bring test subjects."

"What do you think, Morton?"

Morton, consulted awfully often for somebody who is a desk, gladly provides his opinion.

"Hm... yes, I suppose you're correct, good Sir Sigmund, he would probably be asleep by now. But yes, he is indeed inhabiting a human body although he mentions that it was a rather recent event however. Considered himself a.. a... 'logisitics... person?' Quartermaster perhaps? Accountant? I can't quite recall his direct wording, I'm afraid."

"This is getting stranger and stranger."

He attempts to shrug, but only manages a peculiar wobble.

"If you wish to aid good tailor Craig, I will attempt to help you in your endeavor, although I'm afraid I'm not sure what presentable aid I might be able to render beyond conversation."

Sigmund looks Morton over to gauge his usefulness in finding schmucks to send into alternate dimensions. Moments later, he arrives at a conclusion.

"Maybe you can wait here while I get another test subject? Tricking someone into doing something that can turn you into a desk would be difficult. I know of someone who will surely be bored by this time, maybe I can convince him. May I take your fire-making device? It's because I may need it and, well, your current state doesn't allow you to use it."

Morton, certainly understanding of such a viewpoint, agrees.

"Of course, it isn't a problem, good Sir Sigmund. Although I do hope to deal with that issue eventually."

He then opens up one of his drawers, allowing Sigmund to retrieve the wonderful magical fire creation device. Without a word, the now-fabulous vampire heads off, possessed with purpose to such a degree that even crossroads do not faze him much. In due time, he has reached Brenwicke's Books. The place seems to be locked up currently. Guess they don't open for a few more hours. Sigmund can't see the guards, either.

Elsewhere in Shriekpot...

Niklas, rather terribly hurt by now, tries to stand up! He can't, unfortunately, at least not properly. So he just tries to roll in the direction of the sea.

[Movement roll: 4-2]

He slowly rolls in the direction of the sea, not getting very far before another volley of arrows! Once again, five of them hit, one misses, though they don't get anything Niklas particularly needs at this point.

[Movement roll: 4-2]

Slow, slow progress once more. Also, two arrows fly at his head, two hit him in other places, two just miss terribly.

[Niklas endurance rolls: 1+1, 4+1]

One of the arrows aimed at his head pierces his skull rather handily while the other is turned aside by the fierce-looking helmet!

[Niklas will roll: 3]

This, naturally, feels terrible. And he's still on fire. Extremely so. This, however, is secondary to the fact that his helmet now has a large hole in it.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark, dissatisfied at the lack of any usable bonfires on the deck of this fine vessel, goes down to Erin's quarters. Ah, she's asleep. Well, no matter. He decides to write out his message on the inside of her door.

Dear Transmuter,

I would really appreciate it if there was a bit of the deck made of stone so that I could make a bonfire on it for my dastardly rituals of soul sacrificing. Could you make something like that?

Love, Mark.

It's even in a nice shade of luminescent light red that nicely contrasts with the black door. With that done, Mark gets out of Erin's dwelling, making sure to quietly close the door behind him, and thinks of what to do next.

Kevin, meanwhile, looks for something interesting to do in town. He wanders off in a random direction, completely missing the arrow-riddled zombie on fire slowly rolling toward the water not fifty meters away. He does locate a desk! A rather nice desk, he must say. Next to it stands a rather unusual-looking man with a donkey that seems to be carrying a load of colorful fabrics.

In the Tomb of Everything...

Darren wishes to know more about how to loot these catacombs for fun and profit, seeing how he is kind of a divine-sponsored adventurer now.

"And what if I brought some things back? How do you pay people who loot the catacombs?"

"I'm the only one who does it after my parents and every other scavenger died. So nobody really asks me that, to be honest. I really would prefer if you did not steal anything from there, but you're a ghost. How would I stop you? How would I pay you, and how would you carry things around, anyway?"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: July 04, 2013, 06:51:55 am »

"I did promise the Artiste..."

Scott will pull out, light and hurl one of the firebombs through the window before running to another part of the trade district for more questionings of peoples.

((It;s my birthday today. I hope for some fireworks. :3))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:54:12 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: July 04, 2013, 07:40:06 am »

((Happy birthday!))

Sigmund will look for the guard who was not turned into ashes in the vecinity, as he arrived quite quickly the time he broke the window.

If he is unsuccessful, he will look for random drunks.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: July 04, 2013, 07:49:54 am »

((happy birthday I'll make some upgrades to your body as a present))
Mark heads out onto the deck and just enjoys the night looking around and taking in his surroundings maybe watching the sun set.
(Niklas help is coming just taking a moment to watch the sun rise. :P))

((edit I was wondering if I can get my halberd added to my inventory page as well as the restrain slug and two writing slugs please.))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:54:08 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: July 04, 2013, 08:30:08 am »

Upon seeing Kevin, one of the desk's drawers opened and a voice came out. "Oh, good Jester Kevin, its you! Greetings and salutations, a pleasure to see you again. ...Ah, yes, I have found myself to have become a desk, but at least I'm not indecent anymore." The desk spoke to the spiky skeleton.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: July 04, 2013, 08:52:42 am »

Kevin looked around, confused by the fact that what was probably his best (and only) friend's voice coming from a desk. He decides to approach it and look if Morton is hiding somewhere.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: July 04, 2013, 09:08:55 am »

"Ah, I'm afraid this is no jest, good Jester Kevin, but indeed the truth as strange as it is. In a strange realm of multiple-hued colors and strange talking figments of mauve, I have been transformed into a desk. I can still move and speak, see and hear as you can tell." The desk, to iterate the point, takes a step forward and opens each drawer slightly to show that he has control over his form. "This here is good Tailor Craig, good Tailor Craig this is my friend and compatriot good Jester Kevin. Good Tailor Craig aided me in my time of desperate need brought about by... Indecency, however such resulted sadly in my current form. Demons are fickle things, I suppose."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: July 04, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

Kevin peforms a skeletal shrug and stands around akwardly.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: July 04, 2013, 12:30:27 pm »

((happy birthday Innsmothe!))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 719