Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542734 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5775 on: July 05, 2013, 12:39:29 pm »

At the bottom of the harbor of Shriekpot...

Niklas, feeling that the danger/enemy interest period has passed, tries to swim upwards. It is at this moment that he remembers that he is loaded down with ridiculous amounts of metal and that his legs don't work. So swimming is a sound no right now. This leaves him with only one solution - find an anchor chain!

He doesn't find one, though. At least, none within his immediate vicinity that he can see. There is a fish, though. It seems to be taking an interest in him. An unhealthy interest. A rather biting interest.

Actually, it's already bitten his leg off. That was rather unpleasant, or at least so Niklas would say if he actually could feel that.

At the Ulubelle...

Scott, of the belief that people usually aren't this rude unless something is wrong, steps in front of the man, looking in his face. The man looks at him as well, though it is an amiable and curious look.

"Hello? Are you all right?"

The man, having been looking closely at Scott's face, seems to realize something. He points at his ears, then shakes his head. He points at them again, making a popping sound with his mouth. He must be some kind of mime, Scott guesses. That or deaf, but the former is infinitely more likely.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Kevin, though rather confused by the peculiar desk-like nature of Morton, realizes that he probably would prefer being furniture to being a freak. At least furniture is funny and fits in someplace. That place may be the study of a gentleman's manor, but what can you do.

In line with this decision, he decides to nod affirmatively to Tailor Craig.

"Ah, you wish to go to the realm of the fabulous then, good Jester Kevin? Very well, I wish you the best of luck then, I know it will go better than it did for I. Do tell the figment that I said hello if you could," Morton tells Kevin as he notices the nod.

"Very good, I'll send you right away," Tailor Craig says, getting his trusty chalk and commencing the drawing of a circle around Kevin.

"Good Tailor Craig, I do recall you mentioning that you have three copies of the book, I must admit I'm curious, were there editions that perhaps edited out some useful information from the newer copy? Or do you just like to be prepared in the case that one might get lost, or damaged? I can completely understand the latter sentiment, something I wish I did for my old livery, although I still wish I knew what happened to it in the first place."

"The older editions are a bit less complete than the newer ones - the newer ones have more demonic realms described in them, but the etiquette described is largely the same, and the strategies are as well. It's certainly a good book I gave you - I learned demonology from it myself."

As he finishes drawing the circle and snaps his claw, Kevin disappears into the ground, the hole that forms also disappearing seconds afterward. It looks fairly mundane in an interdimensional sense, really.

Kevin, though, gets a rather different experience. He hurtles through an endless dark void for, like, at least 5 minutes before he is blindsided by an endless prismatic void! Light dances over his spiky, unpleasant body, forming both real and virtual images all around him. Kevin briefly considers why they call it virtual light if you can still see it, but then decides against devoting further thought to it, as he clearly not an optics expert. And a good thing, too, because suddenly a pale taupe halo appears around his head, saying unusual things!

"I seem to be having so many visitors today! Two abominable nudists and a cute kitten all on the same day! Most irregular! What do you want, cute kitten?"

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Mark tries his best to contain his excitement. He'll get to operate on Niklas! Properly this time!

That is, if the bugger actually comes out of the water in due time. Maybe he should fish him out or something.

At a guard's house...

Sigmund, noticing the fellow's enthusiasm, invites him to come along.

"Ah, you are very interested in this, it seems, come with me."

Needing no further encouragement, he does indeed come along, and together they arrive back at Tailor Craig's little nook of fashion.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: July 05, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »

Niklas shall draw several of his weapons and fight the fish while he hopes that his allies will find some way of getting him back up. Maybe the Artiste could teleport him up, or he could be fished up?

((Aww, why no roll for combat?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: July 05, 2013, 01:02:10 pm »

Scott will hug the man and move on, he may attempt to burn inns down because of inconvenience, but killing deaf men seems more evil somehow.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: July 05, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »

((Now I want a perk named Hypnotic eyebrows, hehe))

Sigmund introduced the guard to the tailor:

-Craig, I have found someone who wants to be fabulous.

He the turned to the guard:

-He is tailor Craig, he will help you to get a better image! But, first, I will explain the process to you: you will be sent to the Most Fabulous of Realms so that the Aspect of Appeal, a being whose existence is dedicated to promoting good looks, can change you into something more fashionable. You can explain to him what would you like to be, but don't give orders, the Aspect is the one who knows which things are best suited for you. I recommend you to take off all your possessions first, as the Aspect will create new clothes for you for free! You will come out in no time, I think. But it would be better if you could give us more information about that realm. For example, the Aspect tends to confuse the ages and genders of those he sees. I wish you luck!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: July 05, 2013, 01:05:07 pm »

You were essentially sneak attacked by a fish in a pool of water while obscenely weighted down and paraplegic. This means you get a -2 to defense while the fish has a +1 to offense. I rolled for the fish's aggression (namely, how much it likes the way you taste) and it came up as a 6.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: July 05, 2013, 01:06:40 pm »

((I should've tought of the problem of communication before I jumped in. Heh.))
Kevin tries to explain that he is not a cat and that he wants to look normal.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: July 05, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »

You were essentially sneak attacked by a fish in a pool of water while obscenely weighted down and paraplegic. This means you get a -2 to defense while the fish has a +1 to offense. I rolled for the fish's aggression (namely, how much it likes the way you taste) and it came up as a 6.
((If I survive this I'm going to torture the fish to death and then cook it.
Then probably burn down Shriekpot. Bunch of intolerants.))
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: July 05, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »

((let me help))
Mark throws the harpoon at the fish eating niklas and if he grabs on (or is impaled) pulls him up onto the boat.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: July 05, 2013, 07:07:20 pm »

((let me help))
Mark throws the harpoon at the fish eating niklas and if he grabs on (or is impaled) pulls him up onto the boat.
Grab onto the harpoon if it comes down close to me.
Then go to Erin to get healed.
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: July 05, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »

((let me help))
Grab onto the harpoon if it comes down close to me.
Then go to Erin to get healed.

your paraplegic lost a leg and have too much gear for your own good
I'm going to be your doctor.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: July 05, 2013, 07:12:25 pm »

((If you end up deforming me, I will kill you.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: July 05, 2013, 07:26:34 pm »

Morton, seeing Sigmund lure a guard to Tailor Craig, acts like a non-living desk. Normally Morton would introduce himself to the man, be polite, meet and greet and all that, but since the goal is for Craig to test his technique more Morton didn't want to scare the man away by talking to him. Besides, the desk deduces that he does indeed look like a desk, and practice pretending to be a non-living one might do him well in the future after all. Why not test it on someone doesn't know? Morton will make it up by greeting the man politely after he comes back fabulous.

[We're going to make everyone fabulous, aren't we? Also, Sigmund, when we gonna read that book? If this guy learned what he knows from it, well, it would be invaluable to us no doubt. Although Morton will have problems reading it sadly due to his condition, he can't turn the pages. Unless he could perhaps read it if it was placed inside one of his drawers... Something to test later.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: July 05, 2013, 07:50:14 pm »

((Xanmyral, are you confusing IC speech with OC speech? If you want we can keep the conversation going on that way, but now I am going to answer you that after stealing what we can from this guy, and maybe getting some reward from Crag, Sigmund will read that book and try to teach Morton what he learnt. And also try that drawer thing, of course.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: July 05, 2013, 07:53:23 pm »

((If you end up deforming me, I will kill you.))
((If you get a hold of a crushing weapon then I will be scared.
Besides I'm fixing your spine be happy because the transmuter probably carn't do that))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:55:17 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: July 05, 2013, 08:09:07 pm »

[...Dammit. I just realized I called you Sigmund, sorry Tomcost, I'm very out of it right now due to lack of sleep. I'm personally laughing at my mistake, I swore I wrote Tom instead of Sigmund. I guess I should be happy I'm coherent right now, sorry for the mix up man, hahah. For a moment, I thought you were talking about how Morton was uncharacteristically silent and was answering that for a good few minutes before I realized that probably wasn't the question you were asking.

EDIT: Realized I still didn't answer your question. I... Should probably get some sleep soon I guess, considering this is now MK III of attempting to answer you properly. Nah, its OOC man, not IC.]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:11:16 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 719