Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542824 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5790 on: July 05, 2013, 08:41:15 pm »

((If you end up deforming me, I will kill you.))
((If you get a hold of a crushing weapon then I will be scared.
Besides I'm fixing your spine be happy because the transmuter probably carn't do that))
((I do. You gave them to me.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: July 05, 2013, 08:53:36 pm »

((If you end up deforming me, I will kill you.))
((If you get a hold of a crushing weapon then I will be scared.
Besides I'm fixing your spine be happy because the transmuter probably carn't do that))
((I do. You gave them to me.))
Ummm what did I give to you I don't remember
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: July 06, 2013, 02:40:37 am »

At the bottom of Shriekpot's harbor...

Niklas, blindsided by a fish that could only be pure evil personified, tries to fight back! He decides to slash at it with one of the giant cleavers!

[Niklas vs. Fish: 5+1+1-1-1 vs. 3+1]

He gives it a rather nasty scratch! The fish retreats a bit, returning to a circling pattern around the mostly incapacitated chef.

[Mark rescue roll: 6]

He is about to consider an alternate strategy, but a harpoon appears to be flying at him. Rapidly.

[Mark vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 4-1]

It impales him through the gut, and Niklas begins to slowly rise out of the water.

[Mark strength roll: 6]

Niklas doesn't even need to do anything as Mark does all the heavy lifting! Niklas is quickly retrieved and placed on deck by the tree-head, then promptly examined.

Mark considers what to do with him. Niklas' legs don't work, he's full of arrows and covered in implements of butchery. He probably should do something about those - they might rust if exposed to the elements so recklessly.

At the Ulubelle...

Scott, not one to bother deaf people without reasonable cause, hugs the man, who seems a bit humbled by the gesture, and leaves to look for other potentially helpful people.

He doesn't have to walk far, actually, as he just steps inside the Ulubelle, having heard a sound. Going into one of the rooms, he sees a woman packing up various stuff. She, having heard Scott, turns around immediately.

"Um... hello. Can I help you, sir?" she asks.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Sigmund, having reached his destination, helpfully introduces the guard to Tailor Craig.

"Craig, I have found someone who wants to be fabulous."

"Very good. The more, the merrier."

Sigmund turns to the quiet guard and explains what is expected of him. Morton, meanwhile, remains silent, wishing to remain but a humble, if fabulous desk for the duration of this conversation.

"He is tailor Craig, he will help you to get a better image! But, first, I will explain the process to you: you will be sent to the Most Fabulous of Realms so that the Aspect of Appeal, a being whose existence is dedicated to promoting good looks, can change you into something more fashionable. You can explain to him what would you like to be, but don't give orders, the Aspect is the one who knows which things are best suited for you. I recommend you to take off all your possessions first, as the Aspect will create new clothes for you for free! You will come out in no time, I think. But it would be better if you could give us more information about that realm. For example, the Aspect tends to confuse the ages and genders of those he sees. I wish you luck!"

The guard nods determinedly and removes his armor as Craig draws yet another circle around him, setting his possessions down outside of it. Craig then snaps his claw. The guard, very much like the three before him, is sucked into the ground.

"So, my helpful friend, what would you like for your trouble?" Craig asks Sigmund.

In the Most Fabulous of Realms...

Kevin, not comfortable with having been taken for a cat, tries to express his desire for normality and the fact that he actually is a human being! Sort of!

[Nonverbal communication roll: 5+1]

He gesticulates expressively at his halo. It seems to understand!

"You are not a kitten? You are actually a strange, skeletal creature almost, but not entirely unlike a kitten? And you wish to look... normal?"

The thing seems to consider Kevin's words.

"I cannot fulfill your request! I cannot make you normal! It is beyond me! I can only make you fabulous! And that is what I shall do!"

[Alteration roll: 5]

Kevin feels himself shrink and become relatively non-spiky! It is an odd feeling, he has to say. Muscles, skin, a lean body forms around his entire being, and clothes seem to organically grow out of that! His face-banner moves around, still remaining on his back, but in an altogether different shape, the face disappearing and becoming a rather strange screen. Speaking of faces, he now has one! He can't speak on its handsomeness himself, but he guesses it's certainly fabulous. And his new clothing looks really strange - the fabric of his new livery looks like a gateway to another realm, some sort of place rich in vortexes that are in various shades of pink. His new skin has a similar thing going, looking kind of like the starry night sky. The entire being of Kevin seems to have become a window of some kind, and it feels weird. All tingly and stuff. And he even has a sweet hat, also made of strange pink plane window-fabric. Kevin briefly wonders if this might clash with his screen, but at that exact moment, the screen folds in on itself and seemingly disappears. And when he thinks that he possibly shouldn't have done that, the screen reappears, extending itself once more.

"There we go! All fabulous now. But I have to go now. Enjoy!"

Kevin then disappears through a dark portal! Moments later, he finds himself in the middle of a forest of some kind. It seems to be morning.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: July 06, 2013, 02:47:23 am »

Bblblbbbblblchoooou, Niklas wheezed as water came up out of his luns when he attempted to talk.
Need ... *ahem* ... need to get a cleaning rag. You guys got any?
Drag self around with arms, looking for cleaning rag. Pull the arrows out first and go see the medic Erinmage. If cleaning rag is found, wipe butchery equipment clean and look around for fresh water to clean them with.
KEEP WEAPONS ON PERSON. EMPLOY POSSESSIVE MODE IF SOMEONE TRIES TO TAKE THEM.

((Holy crap I can't believe I survived that.
Now for vengance.))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:11:32 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: July 06, 2013, 03:09:21 am »

"Do you know where the armed guards of this place now reside? Or where <insert name of scammer here> is? I have a business proposition."

Scott will use one of his harpoons as a stave, putting on the gait of someone with mobility issues.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: July 06, 2013, 03:10:17 am »

Mark got the weapons off niklas then hearing his request went to find a cloth and clean the weapons.
((Kevin why did you do that you could have been a amazing after a few modifications from myself  :P never mind. Also you guys should be careful you can now bleed to death now your alive again (I think?) after the fabulous trip))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: July 06, 2013, 03:20:56 am »

Kevin looks around for a road.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: July 06, 2013, 08:32:13 am »

Sigmund thought for a moment, then said:

-Maybe you could give me some cloth? I don't care too much about quality, but I do for the colour. Do you have black cloth? I feel that I will probably need something that allows more discretion than my current clothes.

He then saw the armor and thought, then told Morton:

-Could you take the armor away? It's going to be useful for us at some point.

Sigmund then puts the armor on the desk

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: July 06, 2013, 04:51:44 pm »

Morton accepted the armor, or rather let it be placed on him as he has no hands to accept it with. "You can try to place it in the drawers good Sir Sigmund, it may fit." The desk spoke to the fabulous vampire, opening the drawer that used to contain the rubber oar for him. "Hm... Good Tailor Craig, Good Jester Kevin has been in there for a while, do you think perhaps there are communication difficulties?" The desk addressed the tailor before addressing Sigmund again. "Also, if you don't mind my prying who was that, good Sir Sigmund? The person you were to, ah, trick into trying this?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: July 06, 2013, 05:04:53 pm »

Sigmund tried to fit the armor into the desk's drawers.
((I imagine an auto-fail for this))

Sigmund tried to clarify Morton's doubts:

-When the Aspect sent me back, I appeared at some distance from this place.

He then realized something: he didn't knew that Keving was participating in this!:

-Wait, did Kevin try this? Hahaha, I think that he really needed it. To answer your question, Morton, that man was a guard from a bookstore. When I was going around the city at night, I saw someone break a window and run away, and he, with another partner asked me about that criminal. It is a long story, but trying to get the criminal pay one of them ended as a pile of ashes. Not a very good story, after all, but I knew that he would be alone, that's why I tricked him.

((Glad to see you firmly awake, Xanmyral))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: July 06, 2013, 05:45:19 pm »

[More mildly awake, but I can actually understand words on the screen now, so more awake than I was previous. No more late shifts for me however, so my sleep schedule isn't being actively screwed with anymore so I should be good now. Sorry for the wait, by the way.]

"Oh dear, does that mean good Jester Kevin might of reappeared a fair distance away?" Morton asked, wishing he had put the two together at the time before letting Kevin go through, oh dear. Hopefully his melancholy skeleton friend would fair well... "I think we should search for him, I hope he's quite alright... Good Tailor Craig, do you perhaps have any opinion on where our wayward skeleton friend might of happened to?"

On a different subject however... "Ah, I see good Sir Sigmund. I hope the guard for the best then, I wish he fares well in the Realm of Fabulous with the figment, although I'm afraid the same might of happened to him, and indeed he may be even further if the trend continues."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:47:20 pm by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: July 06, 2013, 06:02:28 pm »

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, hardly believing his good luck, wheezes and coughs to remove any unnecessary water from his lungs then pulls the arrows out of his flesh. And when he's got that handled, he looks for a cleaning rag. Oh, look! There's one just lying about over there, a relatively clean rag, no less.

[Disarming roll: Mark vs. Niklas: 4 vs. 5-1]

Mark attempts to disarm the chef, but finds that the fellow does not trust him for some reason! Most irregular. Hm.

Niklas, having successfully fended off the metal fiend trying to take away his back-breaking amount of mostly unused weaponry, tries to find his way to Erin. He is, however, at a complete loss as to where she might be, not to mention that he is having a lot of trouble navigating stairs now in a fashion that does not involve causing grievous harm to his person. He does wipe off his butcher's tools, every last one of them, in fact.

Inside the Ulubelle...

Scott decides to question this woman thoroughly.

"Do you know where the armed guards of this place now reside? Or where, um, Red-Chested Elron is? I have a business proposition."

She thinks for a moment about the question, then answers quickly.

"The guards? Well, the ones that survived may have left town already. Lefty Anderson asked me if I wanted to go with him and his buddies somewhere, Mothdale, I think, or somewhere in that direction. I refused, though. And Red-Chested Elron's probably at the flophouse, that's three blocks to the west. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a friend waiting for me outside."

How uncharacteristically helpful!

In the woods...

Kevin, not having expected such a turn of events, tries to find some sort of road to follow. After an hour of searching, he can't find one. He is now officially completely lost in extremely deep woods.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Sigmund supposes he could go for cloth as a reward for his efforts.

"Maybe you could give me some cloth? I don't care too much about quality, but I do for the color. Do you have black cloth? I feel that I will probably need something that allows more discretion than my current clothes."

"If you wish to remain discreet, I would advise that you do not wear black. Black is worn by morticians, mages and malefactors, and not really a good choice for a thing to wear if you wish to be unnoticed. Also, your skin tone will contrast with it very noticeably, emphasizing that there is something unusual about you. I would advise wearing shades of red if you wish to blend in, actually. I certainly have a great many fabrics available in most colors you might want, including a whole section of black fabrics. You need but say the word, and I shall get anything you want."

Sigmund notes the tailor's advice as he quickly retrieves the guard's armor, placing the thing on Morton's surface.

"Could you take the armor away? It's going to be useful for us at some point."

"You really should not steal the fellow's stuff, he is likely to return shortly, and he is likely to remember that his possessions were explicitly stored outside the circle just as you advised," the tailor notes.

Morton, noticing that Sigmund appears to have forgotten that a desk doesn't actually have hands, tries to subtly remind the vampire of his mistake.

"You can try to place it in the drawers good Sir Sigmund, it may fit," he says, opening his storage drawer. Sigmund nods and tries to stuff the armor into it.

[Sigmund inventory management roll: 6]

He manages to get the armor into the drawer! It is very tightly wedged, too. He pushes the drawer back into place, hoping that he'll be able to open it again.

"Hm... good Tailor Craig, good jester Kevin has been in there for a while, do you think perhaps there are communication difficulties?"

"Wait, did Kevin try this? Hahaha, I think that he really needed it."

"No idea what might have happened to him. That's what experimentation is for, after all."

Sigmund, though, has an idea on what might have happened.

"When the Aspect sent me back, I appeared at some distance from this place."

"Oh dear, does that mean good Jester Kevin might of reappeared a fair distance away? I think we should search for him, I hope he's quite alright... good Tailor Craig, do you perhaps have any opinion on where our wayward skeleton friend might of happened to?"

"Well, maybe he appeared quite a bit farther. Or on some other plane entirely. Difficult to say, really."

"Also, if you don't mind my prying who was that, good Sir Sigmund? The person you were to, ah, trick into trying this?"

"To answer your question, Morton, that man was a guard from a bookstore. When I was going around the city at night, I saw someone break a window and run away, and he, with another partner asked me about that criminal. It is a long story, but trying to get the criminal pay one of them ended as a pile of ashes. Not a very good story, after all, but I knew that he would be alone, that's why I tricked him."

"Ah, I see, good Sir Sigmund. I hope the guard for the best then, I wish he fares well in the Realm of Fabulous with the figment, although I'm afraid the same might've happened to him, and indeed he may be even further if the trend continues."

At that exact moment, a man appears on Morton's surface! He looks to be of medium height, dressed in only a loincloth, his skin pale blue in color. He has a sleek and athletic, though slightly stylized-looking build with a few more sharp angles than a normal person would have, but otherwise he is very humanlike, and the most obvious unusual feature of his body are his six arms. He looks like the very image of tranquility, and he gives off a kind impression. He looks around, then hops off Morton, picks up the sword the guard left as well as a small pouch and a bunch of clothes, putting them on to the best of his ability (he ruins the sleeves somewhat in the process). He looks a tad curious about something, and gazes at Sigmund.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:51:21 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: July 06, 2013, 06:15:20 pm »

Sigmund tried to do stuff like if nothing had happened:

-So, you are back! How did the aspect threat you? I see that you came back without clothes, that's strange. When I went there, the Aspect gave me these nice clothes.

He then feigned to have forgotten something:

-Oh! You want your armor! Excuse me, I was trying to get your posessions in order. Usually travellers spend more time in there, and we don't want to have clothes lying around, specially if other people comes here, it's just not aesthetically pleasing, you know. It is in that drawer in that desk.

Edit: cursed grammar...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: July 06, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »

If there are any handrails going downstairs, Niklas shall use them. If not, he shall bellow the mating cry of the average TF2 player:
MMMMEEEEDDDDDIIIIIC!
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: July 06, 2013, 07:04:51 pm »

Mark looks down at niklas then pining him to the floor remove the many sharp weapons (he could injure himself) and lay them on the deck then trys to fix his spine. if he start to shout gag him (Dont want to wake up the artist)
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 719