Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542773 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5805 on: July 06, 2013, 07:13:30 pm »

[Oh dear, medicine is going to happen. Thankfully, or sadly, Morton is immune to medicine now due to being largely inorganic now I think.]

Morton paused seeing the man appear on him. Well, that quite put the damper in their theory about locational effects of the realm of fabulous. The desk politely waited for the man to become proper decent before speaking to him, making up on his personal promise to greet the man once he came back. "Dreadfully sorry sir for not introducing myself earlier, I wasn't quite sure how you would take my appearance. It is a pleasure to meet you sir, I hear you are a guard of this fine town? You must do a splendid job, I've yet to see any rapscallions commit any robberies since I was here! My name is Carter Morton, and yes I am currently a desk. If you would like your armor, good Sir Sigmund had placed it in one of my drawers so as to prevent it from dirtying, after all it was placed on the ground, such a dreadfully unsanitary thing." Morton explained in his usual long-winded ways, trying to open the drawer that contained the man's armor.

If the drawer refused to come open to due to Morton alone, the desk will sigh. "Oh dear, I was worried of that. I think we may of over-filled the drawer... Hm, a little aid please?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

Sigmund lets the man try to open it, beacuse he doesn't want to ruin his clothes.

((I want the armor to fly right to the guard's face when he opens the drawer, but it would be a lot of luck.
I think that I rolled a 1 on the guard's transformation. I wanted him to become furniture so that I could burn it and leave no witnesses))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: July 06, 2013, 07:18:55 pm »

[Well, if you want to be sneaky nothing says you can't try to assault the man when he isn't looking. If we had the oar still, I'd just advise touching him with it as that would probably do the trick. That's if you still plan on killing him though, Morton's current plan is his usual plan when he meets new people: Befriend them.

I'm curious as to why this guy's so silent though... You think he's deaf? Surely not, although there is a possibility.]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:20:43 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: July 06, 2013, 07:24:17 pm »

((Or, Harry is too lazy to think of a new coice color for him. Anyway, I won't assault a six-armed blue freak armed with a sword. My idea is never to kill people, just to take his stuff. Killing is optional.))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:50 am »

Scott shall pretend hobble down to this flop house and question Elron.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: July 07, 2013, 04:21:41 am »

Search for any sign of civilization.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: July 07, 2013, 05:34:03 am »

[Oh dear, medicine is going to happen. Thankfully, or sadly, Morton is immune to medicine now due to being largely inorganic now I think.]
Dont bet on it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: July 07, 2013, 06:11:46 am »

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Sigmund, seeing that the jig is nearly up, gives in and explains to what is probably the guard about his missing armor.

"So, you are back! How did the aspect threat you? I see that you came back without clothes, that's strange. When I went there, the Aspect gave me these nice clothes."

He pretends to consider this for a moment, then feigns sudden remembrance of something important.

"Oh! You want your armor! Excuse me, I was trying to get your possessions in order. Usually travelers spend more time in there, and we don't want to have clothes lying around, specially if other people comes here, it's just not aesthetically pleasing, you know. It is in that drawer in that desk."

The six-armed guard nods, walking back toward the desk. He jumps back when Morton makes his presence known, his speech-drawer flipping open randomly!

"Dreadfully sorry, sir, for not introducing myself earlier, I wasn't quite sure how you would take my appearance. It is a pleasure to meet you sir, I hear you are a guard of this fine town? You must do a splendid job, I've yet to see any rapscallions commit any robberies since I was here! My name is Carter Morton, and yes I am currently a desk. If you would like your armor, good Sir Sigmund had placed it in one of my drawers so as to prevent it from dirtying, after all it was placed on the ground, such a dreadfully unsanitary thing."

The guard looks at Morton with a distinct lack of confidence. Perfectly natural, Morton supposes. It's not every day that you meet a desk as fabulous and articulate as he is. To prove his intentions, Morton tries to open his drawer!

[Morton strength roll: 1]

As he tries to open the drawer, he notices that Sigmund appears to have wedged it in so tightly that Morton can't actually open the thing anymore! Oh dear.

"Oh dear, I was worried of that. I think we may've over-filled the drawer... hm, a little aid please?"

The guard shrugs and decides to give it a try as Sigmund takes a carefully calculated step back.

[Guard strength roll: 6+1]

The guard places four of his arms on Morton's structure, pushing himself away from the desk as his remaining two get into an iron grip on the drawer itself. Then he pulls violently, causing Morton's body to emit a horrifying, painful shriek as the drawer is forcibly removed from it! The guard flies backwards as the desk gives way, rolling away from Morton, clutching the drawer in his arms.

Morton, quite naturally, feels exactly like one would if somebody ripped one's eye out together with the optic nerve. This is to say that he feels not good. Very not good, he might even say.

The guard, meanwhile, retrieves the armor from the drawer and puts it on, looking altogether more secure in himself as he does so. At this point he puts the drawer back into Morton. Interestingly enough, Morton can see through the knob again as it is put back in gently by the fellow. Not as well as before, but at least somewhat acceptably.

The six-armed man looks at the others, not positive on what happens now.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

As Niklas, lamenting the lack of proper railings on the ship, decides to submit at last.

"MMMMEEEEDDDDDIIIIIC!"

Mark, on the verge of taking offense at Niklas' behavior so far, decides to give him a pass. But only because he called him a medic!

[Mark medicine roll: 1+1]

However, he is struck by an unusual lack of inspiration! What could he possibly do with this sad wreck of a chef that hasn't been done to him already? It is rather sad, really.

In the Ulubelle...

Scott, having received information to his liking, leaves as mysteriously as he came, ruining a perfectly good wooden floor with his harpoon in the process. He finds the flophouse easily enough, heading right in.

Yep, this is certainly a highly unsavory place, Scott must say. Many rows of hammocks fill the main room, and there's quite a few people in here, mostly transients and the dregs of society. He can't readily spot anyone who looks like what he imagines an Elron would look like.

In the deepest, darkest woods...

Kevin, seeing how a road is too much to ask for right now, decides that he would settle for just some signs of civilization in the area.

He does find something! A cabin in the middle of the woods, seems like. It looks rather neat and clean, considering how far Kevin is likely to be off the beaten path.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: July 07, 2013, 06:15:57 am »

Roll away, calling for the mage person.
Erin.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: July 07, 2013, 07:44:21 am »

Kevin knocks on the door of the cabin.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: July 07, 2013, 08:19:04 am »

((Just realized something. Why was I damaged? I'm a zombie, which makes me immune to piercing (arrow) damage except on a 5.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: July 07, 2013, 08:25:27 am »

((Just realized something. Why was I damaged? I'm a zombie, which makes me immune to piercing (arrow) damage except on a 5.))

Yes. The only arrow strikes that did you any serious damage (those that hit you in the head and spine) were fives. The others didn't affect you in any tangible way.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: July 07, 2013, 08:29:36 am »

Sigmund smiled as he spoke to the guard again, this time trying to say that the business here has concluded:

-Well, thank you for your cooperation. While we do this as a hobby, mostly, we would apreciate any kind of payment you can give us. We have to earn a living after all. If, by any chance, you are not comfortable with those extra arms, I know a good surgeon who will likely remove them by free. Don't be afraid to ask.

((Second chance to get his armor: !!Medicine!!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: July 07, 2013, 08:36:15 am »

Yes. The only arrow strikes that did you any serious damage (those that hit you in the head and spine) were fives. The others didn't affect you in any tangible way.
((Ah. Well, I just have to get my body fixed and I can begin committing mass arson.))
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: July 07, 2013, 09:13:04 am »

Loudly enquire the bastard's whereabouts.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 719