Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542878 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5820 on: July 07, 2013, 10:33:23 am »

The desk shivered a bit, even after the drawer was placed back in. "That... That quite hurt." Morton simply stated as he tried to blink a few times on habit, although the action would probably achieve nothing. "Do... Do you perhaps know where I might find a carpenter, Sir Guard?" The desk was still trying to be polite, but it was obvious he was still trying to come to terms with what happened. The desk carefully tried to slide the replaced drawer back and forth, to see if it was damaged, and if that might hopefully fix his damaged vision. It was admittedly a long shot.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: July 07, 2013, 03:25:45 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, realizing that he might be in trouble if Mark happens to get his vile mitts on him, tries to quickly escape as the latter ponders his next move!

[Niklas movement roll: 5-2]

He rolls down the stairs to the lower decks slowly, as the massive amounts of metal he's carrying don't seem to be helping at all. He tries to recall the transmuter's name. It was... Erin, he supposes?

"ERIN! MAGE PERSON! MEDIC! HELP!"

Several doors in the hallway open up quickly, the heads of all the mages and the Artiste poking out of them.

"HELP! INJURED CHEF HERE! ERIN!"

Erin looks sleepily at Niklas, then gets back into her cabin, coming out shortly afterwards, wrapped in a warm blanket. She strolls up to Niklas, not really seeming wide awake just yet.

"Hmph... ruined... what? I don't..." she mumbles for a moment, then starts to gesture at the chef on the ground. The others, content that it's really no emergency, get back into their quarters.

[Erin magic roll: 4-1]

Niklas feels something shift! He now feels a tad different, though he is externally unchanged. He's also still rather paralyzed. Erin shrugs and walks back to her room, closing the door behind herself. Ah.

At a cabin in the woods...

Kevin, supposing that this cabin is the best bet for any form of functional navigation, goes and knocks on the door. The door immediately opens up, and a light breeze blowing into the house seems to invite him in.

At Tailor Craig's traveling clothing enterprise...

Sigmund smiles at the guard, knowing that he can still squeeze something out of him if all goes well.

"Well, thank you for your cooperation. While we do this as a hobby, mostly, we would appreciate any kind of payment you can give us. We have to earn a living after all. If, by any chance, you are not comfortable with those extra arms, I know a good surgeon who will likely remove them by free. Don't be afraid to ask."

The guard nods, handing two silver coins to Craig, who graciously accepts them.

Morton, meanwhile, tries to come to terms with his trauma.

"That... That quite hurt."

He tries to move his drawer in and out, hoping that it might improve his third eye's vision. It does not.

"Do... do you perhaps know where I might find a carpenter, Sir Guard?" he asks.

The guard shrugs, then waves to everyone with his six arms, briskly walking away from the area.

"Nice fellow," Tailor Craig says, placing his two silver coins in his pocket.

In a rather filthy flophouse...

Scott, thinking that subtlety is best reserved for silly schlubs unlike himself, throws caution to the wind.

"Could Red-Chested Elron please make his presence known if he is indeed here?"

The small crowd of drunks parts, revealing a rather large, bald fellow with a heavily bandaged chest and an impressive beard.

"What do you want?" he asks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: July 07, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »

Sigmund, not needing to fake things anymore, went to Morton:

-Was it as terrible as it seemed? I don't think that it can get any worse, but I don't know how exactly do you feel things. We will find a carpenter for you, Morton, but if you want to get hands, asking Erin would be better, I think. We will go to the ship once the mages are awake. Maybe, meanwhile, we can continue our little experimentation with the mushrooms.

He then turned to Craig:

-So, your business can prosper, it seems. About the cloth, I've made a decision: I want the red one. You are the expert in those kind of things, after all.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: July 07, 2013, 04:15:10 pm »

"...I can indeed exclaim that I feel pain in this form, that much has been made present to me indeed. It rather felt like my eye got ripped out, although until rather recently I couldn't exactly say what that might of felt like." The desk explained to Sigmund, glad that the guard has left now. "I... I can't quite see as well out of that 'eye' either now. Er, suppose I didn't tell you but I can see out of these knobs on the drawers I believe. It may of been damaged, but I can't exactly see myself." Morton explained, calming down as the pain passed. "Besides that, I don't believe anything else got injured, Good Sir Sigmund, as I can still manipulate the drawer as well I could before, I'm fine now I think. Ah yes, the mushro... shroom. That was in my livery. Which... Which disappeared. ...I'm afraid it might be misplaced, Good Sir Sigmund. We also still have the matter of trying to find Good Jester Kevin, he still hasn't appeared..."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: July 07, 2013, 04:26:01 pm »

Sigmund listened carfully to Morton's explaination, then added:

-Your new physiology is indeed interesting. I'm glad to hear that there is no danger.

He then looks closely at the knob from the ripped drawer, then blows at it and watches Morton's reaction.

-I don't know at which extent this could be something positive or negative. About that mushroom, well, there are others. I can go and gather another while we wait for Kevin.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: July 07, 2013, 04:53:18 pm »

Niklas crawls up to Erin's door and pounds on it, shouting 'I'M STILL PARALYZED AND HAVE ONE LEG CHEWED OFF! ALSO MY SPINE IS BROKEN IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES!'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: July 07, 2013, 04:56:24 pm »

"Did you partake or associate yourself with the group pretending to be part of the crew of the Mage ship in the dock to take gold from stupid out-of-towners?? If not, where can I find them? I happen to have a job and will pay well for information."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

[Xant, I'm so sorry but that is just hilarious imagining that.]

"Indeed Good Sir Sigmund, it still confuses me at times and I've much to learn about it if I'm to stay like this for a while. I recall Good Tailor Craig however mentioning that it would be unwise for a mage who can change objects to try to change my present form however, I wouldn't wish to put Good Mage Erin in danger in such a way. If you wish to gather another mushroom, I fear I may slow you down however in my present form, I'm not sure how fast I can safely walk like thus."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: July 07, 2013, 05:53:29 pm »

Sigmund replied to Morton:

-I doubt that Erin isn't the best suited person to treat something as delicate as your current condition. Nevertheless, a carpenter would be a sensible second option. If you feel that you will indeed slow me, I shall go alone, it's not a difficult task. You will stay here in case Kevin shows up?

EDIT:

After getting the cloth, Sigmund will go to the Yaleson's house, cut a tiny mushroom with his guisarme and wrap it wih the cloth, without touching it, then come back.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: July 07, 2013, 06:59:25 pm »

Mark hears the screaming from downstairs and notices his prize had escaped while he was thinking
He runs downstairs grabbing a piece of fabric and shoves it in the yelling zombies mouth then starts dragging him away from the mages back to the deck as they need their sleep.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:01:47 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: July 07, 2013, 07:06:17 pm »

"I suppose so good Sir Sigmund, I just wouldn't want to place friends in harm for my own sake." Morton replied, then was silent for a bit before speaking again. "I'm sorry if I'm rather chatty in this form Good Sir Sigmund, but without the ability to make expressions or gestures I can't exactly be as laconic as I was before. I'm alright with waiting for Kevin in case he shows up, which I hope is soon. Be careful on the trek back."

[I was about to write 'Morton nodded at Sigmund' but then realized his range of gestures have boiled down to 'wobble' and 'open drawers.' This amuses me.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:12 am »

((cheer up you will only be a desk till the transmute mage is awake ))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: July 08, 2013, 12:35:02 am »

[Nah man, I find it funny. Personally I'm hoping the mage turns Morton into like... A desk golem or something. Or just a desk with arms jutting off of it for some reason, I'd be good with that too. I kinda want to keep the desk vibe though, I think its neat. Not everyday you get to RP as an object. Sadly no floating square, else I'd delegate all gestures to rotations along specific axises.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:08 am »

[Nah man, I find it funny. Personally I'm hoping the mage turns Morton into like... A desk golem or something. Or just a desk with arms jutting off of it for some reason, I'd be good with that too. I kinda want to keep the desk vibe though, I think its neat. Not everyday you get to RP as an object. Sadly no floating square, else I'd delegate all gestures to rotations along specific axises.]
((same reason I dont have a head sticking out of me yet also I can handle doing !!SCIENCE!! to there people but not to myself))
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: July 08, 2013, 04:20:24 am »

Kevin peforms a skeltal shr- Oh wait. He can... Talk?
"Eh, hello? Is anyone there?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 719