Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540894 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6165 on: July 26, 2013, 11:25:59 am »

((I doubt that desks can die of blood loss or being beheaded.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: July 26, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »

((I doubt that desks can die of blood loss or being beheaded.))
In this story do you want to rule out anything
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: July 26, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »

[Technically, I think I was the only one to actually lose my archetype. Everyone else kept theirs, I believe. Although yeah, I do think they're alive or something now. Well, okay, Niklas got turned into a chair so he's a different archetype too.]

"Yes, you are correct. Nothing wrong with it though, one never has a dull moment." The desk agrees. "If you don't mind though, I believe I should probably get to heading towards the others. It was nice getting to know you good Toymaker Stuart, and I thank you again for the arms and the chat, and you can keep the rest of the tea as well as the flask if you like." Morton offers the toymaker. "Its been a pleasure, but I don't want to keep my friends waiting too long, never know what kind of situations they might wind up in." With the goodbyes, Morton will head back to the ship.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: July 26, 2013, 04:53:35 pm »

Come on out, wearing the outfit like a magician, instead of some random guy.
"Prepare to be amazed."
Amaze.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: July 26, 2013, 08:01:51 pm »

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas tries to achieve mental unity with his cleaver, to become the cleaver!

[Meditation roll: 6]

This he knows how to do. You just think about chopping. You chop things. Cleave them. Chop away the unneeded things, separate all. The things in the way, you chop them. Chop them right up. Chop them away, slice them to bits until you can use them once more. Chop, chop, chop. Keep on chopping, never stop. Don't ever stop. Keep at it. Chop it into even bits, then chop the bits into even smaller bits, get them just right. Then chop the next thing, and the next thing, and the next thing.

Oh my, he's becoming quite agitated. Fortunately, he doesn't quite get to the point of questioning the entire point of becoming an inanimate object and just focuses on the chopping.

"Yeah, I think it was actually blanking your mind that you're supposed to do. I forget these things so easily."

Chop, chop? Chop chop chop! Chop.

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin makes an introduction. Again. He gets the feeling that he'll have to do this at least two more times today.

"Oh.  I'm Kevin. You know, jester skeleton guy. I jumped in the portal thing that turned Mort into a desk."

"Oh, SKELETON GUY! MY, how you've CHANGED! And who's this MORT FELLOW? Is he THAT NICE BUTLER MAN?"

It's a neverending parade of exposition here, isn't it?

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark, seeing how there's not much more to it, decides to head back to the ship.

However, he is approached by a man wearing mail who looks pretty jovial and personable, and a tad on the middle-aged side.

"Hello, good sir. Those books look awfully heavy. May I help?"

That's an awfully kind offer, Mark thinks.

In Stuart Allen's home...

Morton keeps the conversation going just a little longer.

"Yes, you are correct. Nothing wrong with it though, one never has a dull moment. If you don't mind, though, I believe I should probably get to heading towards the others. It was nice getting to know you, good Toymaker Stuart, and I thank you again for the arms and the chat, and you can keep the rest of the tea as well as the flask if you like."

"That's very kind of you, Mr. Morton," Stuart says, taking the pitcher off Morton's surface and setting it down on a nearby end table. Morton would cringe if he knew of an effective way to do it in this shape.

"It's been a pleasure, but I don't want to keep my friends waiting too long, never know what kind of situations they might wind up in."

"That's reasonable. Farewell, Mr. Morton. I hope the world treats you well, as it was certainly a pleasure to work with you."

Morton, now liberated of tea and his flask, heads out of the house and back to the ship. He finds the deck to be suspiciously barren aside from a very comfy-looking chair. Huh. Guess he hasn't missed anything much.

Outside Karina's home...

Darren, supposing he's ready, goes back into Karina's room and sets up expectations accordingly as he moves mysteriously and magically onto what will be his stage today.

"Prepare to be amazed."

[Magic act roll: 5]

First off, he does a coin trick, doing this thing he learned way back in school - he takes two coins and shows them to Karina, who nods accordingly. He then wraps the coins in one of his kerchiefs and claps his hand over it, then shakes the thing expressively, demonstrating that the coins are not there anymore! The magician waves the kerchief dismissively, finally blowing his nose in it. He looks into the kerchief with expertly feigned wonder, showing Karina that there are now three coins in the kerchief. She looks a bit impressed by this.

Next up is a card trick. Darren takes out his deck of cards, asking her to pick one - standard fare so far. Karina picks a card, which Darren reshuffles into the deck, which he then hands to Karina to shuffle herself. When she's done, he asks her to take a look at the bottom card - it doesn't match the one she picked. He asks her to check her pocket - the card in there doesn't match either. He asks her to look under the collar of her blouse - that one doesn't seem to be the one either. Well, what about the one behind her ear? That the one? No? Hm. How about the flaming one on the ceiling? Yeah, that's the one, isn't it? Thought so.

Extinguishing the card and reshuffling the deck, Darren does his final trick. He takes out a white kerchief and ties it around his head like a blindfold, then takes out the others, which between them represent most primary, secondary and other colors, each in its own color. He takes a blue one and a yellow one, mashing them together in his hands, producing a green handkerchief and handing it to his spectator. Then he takes a brown one, pressing it between his palms, then releasing them to produce a green and a red one, handing the second green one to Karina as well. He then takes the two green kerchiefs, plus another green one he already had, and presses them together with a black one, seemingly creating a dark green kerchief out of thin air. And finally, he takes the dark green kerchief along with the red one and presses both in his cupped hands. When he pulls his hands apart, one blue, one yellow, one brown, one green and one black kerchief are revealed. At this point, Darren puts them all away and removes the blindfold. He then takes a bow.

Karina applauds enthusiastically at the show, looking fairly entertained.

"You're a pretty good magician. Well, I think. You're the only one I've seen. Was that actual magic? You know, the kind where you have a focus and whatnot?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:14 pm »

((I am now a chair with the mind of a cleaver. Perfect.))

Niklas, having heard the old man's voice to an extent, chops out everything else obstructing his clarity of mind - first the word chop, then the feel of chop, then the sound, etc, etc, and he finally chops the concept of chopping out of his mind.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: July 26, 2013, 09:03:06 pm »

Niklas, having heard the old man's voice to an extent, chops out everything else obstructing his clarity of mind - first the word chop, then the feel of chop, then the sound, etc, etc, and he finally chops the concept of chopping out of his mind.
(1) you chop your soul out of your mind

Mark shakes his tree and continues to the boat not wanting to trust someone he just met
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: July 26, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

(1) you chop your soul out of your mind
((I don't know magic yet.)$
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: July 26, 2013, 09:27:20 pm »

The desk looked at the chair, wondering why it was on the deck with no one around. It looked like a nice chair too, why would someone leave such a nice thing exposed to the elements like such without supervision? Morton supposes they were busy, and demonstrates his butler skills by gently picking up the chair with his new arms and making his way to the den, to place the chair in a more appropriate setting where it would be safe. Oh those silly people, putting such nice chairs on the deck. After seeing the chair squarely, and nicely, arranged in the den, Morton will see to trying to find a clean piece of cloth or rag that he can clean and dust himself with.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: July 27, 2013, 12:55:03 am »

"Yeah. I think he's a desk now, tough."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: July 27, 2013, 01:57:43 am »

"Enough booze to drown an entire party of undead."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: July 27, 2013, 06:09:16 am »

"Ah, about that..."
He halts a moment, his stage smile dropping for a second while he thinks of what to say.
"Why don't you decide? It could be either, could it not?"
Once again, his smile goes up, hoping that she goes for it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: July 27, 2013, 08:49:45 am »

((I'm back, and glad that I still have legs!))

Sigmund thanked Erin:

-I just can't express how gratreful I am now! Thank you, Erin, thank you very much!- He then noticed that he had unfolded his arms, in an instinctive movement to hugh her, out of his happines, so he just folded them again and adopted a calmer tone, it was not his style- I hope that this experience has been good for your understanding of the different materials. Some time later I will talk about this with you, but I think that my partners may need me.

Sigmund goes to the deck and looks if Mark has arrived

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: July 27, 2013, 09:52:06 am »

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, in a choppety-chopping state of mind, performs a daring thought experiment. Can he chop his blade off? Chop away the thought of chopping? Chop off everything?

[Chopping roll: 3]

Wait, wait, wait. Wait. Wait. If he chops out chopping, then how can he chop more? This would be counterproductive to say the least. It would be a betrayal of the essence of all things cleaver.

Also, he's pretty sure a cleaver can't reach itself, being a tool and all. That's also a problem.

Meanwhile, Morton examines the chair, judging it to be a rather wonderful piece. So cruel to just leave it out on the deck, he thinks. There's so many awful things that could happen to it. So he resolves to do a good thing and carry the thing downstairs to the den, where it could hopefully do more good.

[Morton strength roll: 3+1]

It's pretty heavy, but Morton can lift it with difficulty. He carries it downstairs, eventually reaching the den, where he sets the thing down near Sigmund, who looks rather overcome with uncharacteristic emotion.

"I just can't express how grateful I am now! Thank you, Erin, thank you very much!"

He looks just about ready to hug the mage, but seems to restrain himself.

"I hope that this experience has been good for your understanding of the different materials. Some time later I will talk about this with you, but I think that my partners may need me," he says, passing Morton right by and returning to the deck, only to find a distinct lack of any of his buddies there. Erin shrugs and turns to Morton.

"So, anything interesting happen to ya out there?"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Mark tries to politely refuse the request by shaking his tree.

"Ah, no, sir, I insist."

Mark notices nine other people in mail approaching him from a great many directions. They look pretty helpful as well.

"I simply cannot leave a fine fellow in distress. It is not my nature. My mother raised me better, you know," he says, outstretching his arms in a harmless manner.

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Kevin keeps on explaining things to the Captain. Fortunately, Morton's fate is easy to explain.

"Yeah. I think he's a desk now, though."

"A DESK? That's HIGHLY UNUSUAL! How DID such a THING HAPPEN?"

Kevin is about to say more, but the Captain continues.

"PROBABLY magic. VERY UNFORTUNATE magic. OR PERHAPS NOT. I've NEVER BEEN A DESK, though I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE of being a FOOTSTOOL. Have I TOLD YOU THIS STORY?"

"I haven't heard that one. Mind elaborating?"

"Well, I CERTAINLY HAVEN'T TOLD YOU, HUGH! But STILL, WOULDN'T WANT TO BORE my FORMERLY SKELETAL FRIEND, eh?"

Hm, to listen or not to listen to furniture-related tales? Such a dilemma.

In the crew quarters of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott chooses to go with a simple demand.

"Enough booze to drown an entire party of undead."

"I don't think undead can get drunk, Scott. Or drown, for that matter. Isn't that right, Craig?"

"Not something I have personal experience with, sir. They don't seem to breathe, so I guess they shouldn't be able to drown."

"I don't think they should be able to, either. And getting drunk doesn't sound sensible, either."

Damn it, Scott wishes he could get what he wants just once without being incessantly questioned and badgered.

At Karina's home...

Darren tries to figure out the best answer for the situation.

"Ah, about that..."

Moments later, he has it. A magician's answer, one that fosters mystery.

"Why don't you decide? It could be either, could it not?"

Karina looks at him doubtfully, then sighs.

"Oh, you're one of those illusion mages, right? Never mind, then. I was just wondering."

She seems a bit disappointed, not to mention at a bit of a loss on what to say.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: July 27, 2013, 10:37:18 am »

((Ten guards, shit, just and plain shit))

Dissapointed by his lack of partners in the deck, SIgmund goes to where Kevin left him
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 719