Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542753 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6885 on: September 12, 2013, 05:39:21 pm »

Well, I've supplied all this material. How much does it weigh?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: September 12, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »

[It is a good idea, very good, but there is a problem. If you fail the compulsion, you'll still want to do it best case scenario, worst case start going into horrible pain and eventual death. Saying that you're free of such a compulsion might put a gaping hole in your scheme, or rather draw questions as to how you gained freedom from soulbinding.]

Morton watches Art for a moment in confusion before figuring that the captain of the ship must be conferring with Art mentally. Morton moves to walk onto the ship too, curious as to what the conversation must be about.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:50:57 pm by Xanmyral »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: September 12, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »

Timothy was kinda sad. He'd been looking forwards to getting home again, seeing Bob and Hansel and going back to saving the world doing... evil stuff? Eh, we'll just say saving the world. Close enough.

He sighed, then floated off a ways from the stairs, looking glumly at the empty, malleable space around him.
"Aw. Well, was worth a shoot." He decided he might as well amuse himself if he was stuck here.

>Imagine up some super-magical-building block-things!

>Let's build some houses. And castles and stuff. Ooooh, and bridges! Over canyons! Bridges are always fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: September 13, 2013, 09:26:37 am »

At the guard HQ in Shriekpot...

Scott keeps his cool, moving along with his explanation in his typical manner. As in, the manner that makes one wish to strangle him until he has one less functional neck than before.

"Yes. Apparently wizards like books. Enough as to not afford the thousands they collect... You know... being people that tend to rely on handouts or others to earn them income as they play with other expensive, and often explosive, corrosive, addictive, festering and etc components."

He then opts to become professionally irritating instead.

"Now that our mission can no longer be feasibly be carried out, the compulsion is removed, hence our enthusiasm to surrender and pour out our cold, dead hearts to you... instead of rabidly removing your innards and playfully maiming you."

"Ah, I see. Who is your master, then? The one who bound you? And where can we find this person?"

Before Scott can answer, Sigmund can't help but voice his complete and utter lack of support for this idea of his.

"Just shut up, please."

He then turns to Carlson, ready to accept his fate.

"Okay, I confess, but can I keep my arm, please? It's not going to be of any utility to you..."

"Sorry, no. Rules are rules, you know. Besides, our arm wall is looking a little bare lately, and yours looks like a fine replacement. Come with me," he indicates to Sigmund, then turning to Scott.

"Relay any incredibly important information to this guy, I'll be right back," he says, pointing to the reception guy. He then beckons Sigmund to follow him, as does another guard. With a spear.

Scott, meanwhile, finds himself alone in the company of the reception man plus three other guards.

At the engineers' gate of the City of the Dead...

Darren, quite disappointed at the lack of information from the gibbon, just goes along with the charade for now.

"Ah. Well, is there any way I could get in there?"

The gibbon nods.

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas goes ahead and introduces the man to all of his metallic commodities, all five suits of armor and all the weapons he has. The fellow looks it over.

"I would say that is almost enough to cover all of it."

He lifts up the various items, checking them carefully.

"About sixty, perhaps seventy kilograms total. All in all, that would give you a 3 silver discount on both chairs."

At the odd ship in the harbor...

Morton looks at Art perplexedly before he remembers about the whole telepathy thing. Ah. How silly of him. He wobbles onto the deck, at which point he is spoken to by a voice in his head.

~Hello. I recognize your thoughts from earlier. You appear to have changed, sir.~

In Undefined Space...

Timothy is saddened by how the universe appears to be intent to keep him from going where he wants and doing what he needs.

"Aw. Well, was worth a shoot."

He then tries to imagine some building blocks, managing to create an entire amazing pyramid of them. It stretches quite high, he finds. Quite high indeed. Now to build something for real! He lays down a solid foundation of blocks, forming something not unlike an island, whereupon he plants more blocks upon it. These shall be rocks, he declares. Then he makes pretty nice trees, because you can't have a nice village without nice trees. He then builds houses, beautiful, tall houses like the ones he has always wanted to be at least be allowed inside of, and even makes room for a magnificent, if a tiny bit intimidating castle near a canyon. It all looks a tad blocky, but Timothy finds that it attains a certain kind of stylized charm in the process.

He also feels that something is looking at him. However, when he looks around, he finds that nobody's around that he can see.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: September 13, 2013, 10:01:19 am »

Try to dig myself out some more, I guess.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:54 am »

"Uh... if you wantsta play, is just gotsta ask."
Timothy shrugged. He wasn't overly concerned about the unseen observer who may or may not be a figment of his imagination and/or real and/or a threat. I mean, come on, he was stuck here- what could they do to him, really? Asides from chuck him down a flight of Black Comedy Stairs, he supposed...

>Suggest that who/whatever is watching me can join in!

>Then let's start building a road, heading north from that lovely castle I just built.

"Heh. Looks bit like where I met Mista Bob! An' there Hansel's place!"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: September 13, 2013, 12:58:59 pm »

~You recognize my thoughts? But yes, hello again, I have indeed changed quite... Apparently, haven't I? Strange beings do strange things I've discovered, but I've adapted well to my new form and I find myself to rather like it now oddly enough. Things have been going well on your end I hope?~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: September 13, 2013, 01:45:36 pm »

"Before I say anything...
Any chance for a cup of tea?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: September 13, 2013, 02:13:45 pm »

Sigmund spoke to Carlson:

-May I ask you a question? Do you believe in his words?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: September 13, 2013, 04:47:37 pm »

How about I set the weight at 30 kilograms then?
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: September 13, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »

((I wonder which modifiers will a chair like that get. I mean, it's heavy+aerodinamic+spikes. That's pretty badass))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: September 13, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

((I wonder which modifiers will a chair like that get. I mean, it's heavy+aerodinamic+spikes. That's pretty badass))
((Exactly. Then if I have enough money left over I can get one more chair to balance my arms out.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: September 13, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »

((Wait, how many chairs do you pretend to buy?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: September 13, 2013, 06:14:41 pm »

((Wait, how many chairs do you pretend to buy?))
((2, but I lost one a while back thanks to rocketchair thing.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: September 13, 2013, 06:20:10 pm »

((Wouldn't it be better to just buy one to balance your arms? You know, currently you have only one arm who lacks a chair. And I presume that the other chair is obsidian or something simmilar, considering how it smashed against the wall and threw shards all over the place. Or do you pretend to have two doom-chairs?))
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 719