Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542762 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7200 on: October 05, 2013, 06:31:23 am »

"Siggy, I'll hang onto your shoulders to help you get past those crossroads while we search for a blacksmith that can fix Mark, alright?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: October 05, 2013, 11:30:31 am »

Sigmund replied to Kevin:

-Oh, thanks for helping me about...that. We should take Mark there, too, so that the blacksmith can evaluate how much would it cost. I will come back in a second.

Go and grab Mark, then pull him to he deck, then wait for Keving to come along with me and go to Gunther's shop. (the one in which I bought the Tomahawks, right?)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: October 05, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas follows up with the obvious query.

"Two things: Do you need anyone killed? Are the town guards recruiting?"

"What? Killed? No! Don't kill anyone! Don't do it, man! Go join the guards or something, yeah! No murder, okay?"

The rest of the people present nod along with him.

On a telepathic ship...

Morton says his goodbyes to the ship, preparing to leave.

~Indeed. It was a grand time talking to you captain and I greatly appreciate it, I wish you well on your travels and that you may meet her again one day.~

~I wish you the same.~

With that, Morton turns to Art.

"It was indeed quite good fun, I'm ready whenever you are. Although I do wish to check on a bookstore before we head back, the others hadn't returned when we left. I'm rather hoping nothing bad happened to them."

"Right, a bookstore. Wonder where we could find one. Couldn't do any harm to look, could it?"

Morton supposes he agrees, and heads out with Art to find a store that sells books. They eventually find a place - Brenwicke's Books, it is called. A whole bunch of people appear to have gathered. Place looks to be mostly normal, although there are sounds of something happening from within.

"That looks like a bookstore. And there's something irregular happening, so it might be the one we're looking for."

On the tentatively-named Second Shank...

Scott takes steps to deflect any baseless accusations about his lack of usefulness on the Artiste's part.

"Sir, I am only trying to help! I just bought the booze, I wasn't the one who told you to drink it like water after crossing a desert of one thousand miles! Drinking this stuff will not only allow you to stay hydrated, but will take steps to lessening the clanging about in your head."

"If you want to help, bring me some water! And pour that beer out into the sea if you're so desperate to make use of it. I can guarantee that the fish will appreciate it far more."

Sigmund, guessing that he has seen and heard enough, is about to head out to find a blacksmith when Kevin speaks up.

"Siggy, I'll hang onto your shoulders to help you get past those crossroads while we search for a blacksmith that can fix Mark, alright?"

"Oh, thanks for helping me about... that. We should take Mark there, too, so that the blacksmith can evaluate how much would it cost. I will come back in a second."

He goes off and tries to pull Mark back to the deck.

[Sigmund strength roll: 2-1]

Yeah, dragging a metal skeleton torso down several flights of stairs certainly is far easier than dragging it back up, as Sigmund finds out when he nearly dislocates his only shoulder in the attempt. Looks like stowing the fellow in the cargo hold was not really the best idea. And this isn't even in direct sunlight, Sigmund thinks.

Some adjustments to his strategy may be required.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: October 05, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

"Here I come!"
Attempt to get onto Sigmund's shoulders.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: October 05, 2013, 02:08:41 pm »

"...Fine, if that is your will...master."

Do as the wino git says, in a slovenly and disgruntled manner.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: October 05, 2013, 04:40:00 pm »

"Oh dear, I wonder what the commotion is." Please don't be them, don't be related to them in any way form or fashion, oh please. Morton pleaded mentally as he moved up to try and get a closer look, before getting a spectator's attention and inquiring of them a question. "Excuse me dear [sir if male, madam if female], could you perhaps inform a wayward desk as to what has transpired here? Quite the crowd has gathered around, is there a good sale perhaps?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: October 05, 2013, 04:43:17 pm »

Sigmund spoke to Kevin:

-Mark is too heavy to carry around, but we can still look for a blacksmith. I think that I know of a place.

Attempt to carry Kevin, then go looking for Gunther's shop.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: October 05, 2013, 06:25:57 pm »

O-oh, okay.
Cowards.

Trundle off towards the guard office and ask how quickly my paycheck would come if I joined.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

« Reply #7208 on: October 05, 2013, 10:52:33 pm »

((Basically turning yourself in for a bounty?  This won't go well...))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: October 05, 2013, 10:54:32 pm »

((I have a plan in case they try to arrest me.
It involves sleeping.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: October 06, 2013, 03:46:40 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Kevin waits a moment for Sigmund to return, at which point he tries to piggyback on him.

"Here I come!"

He rolls up to Sigmund, then tries to get a ride.

[Sigmund's strength roll: 4-1]

It's a bit difficult to carry the guy, considering that Sigmund isn't in the best of shapes presently and that Kevin is deceptively heavy for somebody his size. Sigmund can only manage to stumble around in a fairly slow fashion, not to mention that Kevin also only has one hand, which renders his ability to cling on to Sigmund effectively dubious at best.

Scott, meanwhile, is a bit peeved at the dismissive way he is being treated.

"... Fine, if that is your will... master."

He then assumes a disgruntled and slovenly (well, more disgruntled and slovenly than usual) look, pouring the ale out into the sea, then going to find some water. Fortunately, he finds a well easily, filling the tankards with some water from that, making sure to spill a whole lot and not care about it in the process. He grumbles as he walks back to the ship, his back hunched and his gait asymmetrical and deeply evocative of unemployed louts the world over. He hands the water to the Artiste, who smells it, then has a drink.

"Say, this water's quite good. Reasonably good work, Scott."

Scott is still disgruntled, though, and manages but a "hmph" in response.

"Perhaps someone would like to go and ask Mark if he would like to take a trip through the fabulous dimension? It would be faster and more efficient than the blacksmith, not to mention cheaper."

At Brenwicke's Books...

Morton wobbles over to the bookstore, eager to get to the bottom of this. He addresses a nearby woman.

"Excuse me, dear madam, could you perhaps inform a wayward desk as to what has transpired here? Quite the crowd has gathered around, is there a good sale, perhaps?"

The woman turns to him, then jumps back in surprise.

"Oh my, you are a desk! How is it that you speak?"

Noticing the woman's surprise, Art tries to smooth things over.

"It's best not to ask these things, ma'am. The answers will raise only more questions. Now, what's with the rubbernecking?"

"Well, um... something alarming has happened, I know that much. I can't quite see what, but it is apparently quite grisly and smells quite awful. Clearly... um... nothing good and all that. I'm waiting for my turn to see."

"Very interesting. So, no other information, then?"

"Uh... not yet, no... but still, how is it that the desk speaks?"

"His name's Morton, and you'd better ask him if you really want to know."

The woman shrinks back a little from embarrassment, turning to Morton once again.

"Um... sorry. How is it that you speak, uh... Mr. Morton?"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Having met only cowardice in response to his offer, Niklas heads over to the guard headquarters, hoping to obtain a paycheck of some sort from them. He finds the building easily, approaching it and going past the guards, who seem a bit put off by his presence. He walks up to an old guy standing at a desk inside of the building.

"I may be interested in joining the guards. How soon would I get paid if I did?"

The man at the desk looks to him unaffectedly.

"Ah, it's you. We may be able to help you. I cannot immediately say how soon you would get paid and how much, unfortunately. I am required to check with the payment office. If you wait here, though, I can find out in a few moments."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: October 06, 2013, 04:01:41 am »

Mark hearing the artist starts spamizing as well as he can to comunicate his hate of that Idea
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: October 06, 2013, 04:02:34 am »

Mark hearing the artist starts spamizing as well as he can to comunicate his hate of that Idea

You're in the cargo hold - no luck being seen there. Or hearing the Artiste, for that matter.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: October 06, 2013, 04:09:47 am »

Make a move for the door. If he reacts in something like trying to bite faces off, back up. If not, head on in. Carefully.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: October 06, 2013, 05:43:27 am »

"Forward!"
Lead Sigmund past crossroads to a blacksmith.

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 719