Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542624 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7215 on: October 06, 2013, 08:41:08 am »

Be led by the mangled portal man to a blacksmith

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: October 06, 2013, 10:03:51 am »

Morton didn't see any harm in explaining.

"Ah, a reasonable question. I wasn't always a desk you see, I was turned into one a rather short time ago. I've grown used to it by now, I believe I actually like it really. As for how I speak, I'm afraid I can't quite say. I just know that this drawer," Morton pointed to his speaking drawer, "houses something that I believe facilitates speech."

The desk turned to the task at hand however. "It sounds like whatever happened must of been absolutely dreadful. Hopefully no one got hurt?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: October 06, 2013, 11:28:17 am »

"Right on it boss. May I have directions?"

Hurry mark over to the portal man.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: October 06, 2013, 11:34:27 am »

((...I experienced genuine guilt...)
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: October 06, 2013, 01:38:48 pm »

At the engineers' gate of the City of the Dead...

Darren, figuring there's only so long that you can linger on one thing, just floats on along through the solid metal gate. The gibbon grins at him, but makes no move to stop him. Darren wonders if that's a good thing for a moment, but is interrupted by a peculiar sight.

It's not strictly irregular, he'd say, but the sight of the engineers' quarter is nonetheless enough to give him pause. For one, it appears to be made of stone and steel in equal measure, with oddly-designed, angular buildings jutting out from the ground at strange inclinations. The structures, unlike those in the other parts of the city, gleam with magical discharges and reflections from the numerous light sources, and the entire place is bathed in a light that, to Darren, appears comfortable and familiar enough to feel almost eerie.

Furthermore, this place, rather than merely filled with forlorn echoes and howls of the long-dead, is still very much alive from the looks of it. Odd, many-limbed creatures climb all around the area, some the size of housecats, some the size of elephants. Their shapes are too varied to easily described - many resemble insects or humanoids, though there are also creatures that Darren would call more... exotic in the mix. And what's more, the whole thing - complex, metallic mechanisms moving about, the buildings themselves occasionally changing shape, luminous, shapeless specters occasionally emerging and glancing at the work of the machines - all of it is nearly silent. Darren feels like he is in a library, the way everything here carries on.

He notices a small, three-legged construct with a rather large eye walk up to him, poke him with a varied assortment of extremely sharp instruments, then, upon finding him intangible, leaving immediately.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Kevin, supposing that Sigmund shouldn't have much trouble taking him anywhere, instructs his noble steed on where to go.

"Forward!"

Sigmund walks off with a somewhat pained gait, struggling to carry Kevin in the perilous light. It is after they reach the pier that Sigmund realizes that Kevin does not have the slightest clue where Gunther Gunnarson's shop even is. Thus, he can't really point out the way for Sigmund, can he?

Scott, meanwhile, supposes he can drop the disgruntled slovenliness for a moment and do something useful.

"Right on it, boss. May I have directions?"

"Somewhere on the ship, I guess?"

That narrows it down! Scott looks around the ship, eventually finding Mark in the cargo hold. He attempts to pick up the metallic malcontent and deliver him to salvation.

[Scott's strength roll: 1+1]

He comes to the conclusion that Mark is much, much heavier than he looks. Mark, meanwhile, wonders what Scott's big idea is.

At Brenwicke's Books...

Morton, seeing no reason not to tell the salient bits of his story, shares it with the woman. It seems like all he does these days is relate his backstory over and over again.

"Ah, a reasonable question. I wasn't always a desk you see, I was turned into one a rather short time ago. I've grown used to it by now, I believe I actually like it really. As for how I speak, I'm afraid I can't quite say. I just know that this drawer houses something that I believe facilitates speech," he says, pointing to his speech drawer.

"Ah," the woman vocalizes, then looks at Art for a moment, who shrugs. Morton takes charge and tries to steer the conversation into more productive areas.

"It sounds like whatever happened must've been absolutely dreadful. Hopefully no one got hurt?"

"Um... judging by the smell, I would say someone did."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: October 06, 2013, 01:56:52 pm »

Sigmund old Kevin:

-I will try to overcome my...issues. I know of a place. Follow me.

Take Kevin to Gunther's shop.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: October 06, 2013, 03:57:56 pm »

Always with the waiting in this town! Fine, I'll be here.

Go wait just outside building. Keep watch for ambushes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: October 06, 2013, 04:04:19 pm »

"Huh... Odd. Very odd."
Watch the being who tried to poke. See what it does next.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: October 06, 2013, 04:25:47 pm »

Find something to put mark on for ease. Like a cloth or a sled.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: October 06, 2013, 04:31:07 pm »

Find something to put mark on for ease. Like a cloth or a sled.
((He's already in a cloth bag. You could try to carry it limb by limb, then the whole body))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: October 06, 2013, 04:32:14 pm »

((How much do you all want to bet that I'll end up getting arrested or somesuch by the guard?
Or at least in a huge brawl with them.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: October 06, 2013, 04:33:24 pm »

((Haha, you can't bet on something that is stupidly probable to happen))

Nunzillor

« Reply #7227 on: October 06, 2013, 05:26:29 pm »

((Isn't your character aware of the danger after he killed several guards?  Also, I am intrigued but skeptical of your sleeping idea))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: October 06, 2013, 05:57:40 pm »

[My only response to Niklas' actions is that he is Niklas. I've stopped expecting reasonable sense after hair magic and just sort of fall into the madness and hilarity of it.]

"O-Oh dear, do you know who? This is absolutely dreadful." Please don't be them, oh please don't be them. In fact, don't be even relating to them, they went to a different bookstore, yeah. Morton cursed his small height mentally as he once again tried see if he could spot anything through the crowd, politely as always. "Did the guards say anything about it?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: October 06, 2013, 06:18:20 pm »

[My only response to Niklas' actions is that he is Niklas. I've stopped expecting reasonable sense after hair magic and just sort of fall into the madness and hilarity of it.
It's like bay12 all over again
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 719