Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542717 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7260 on: October 09, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »

The guy with the metal skeleton, Mark. Is there anything you would like me to do to repay the favour?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: October 09, 2013, 07:31:02 pm »

"I wouldn't be surprised at that, who attempts to cause such horrid trouble at a bookstore of all places?" Morton would nod if he could, but mostly just sort of dips the front end of the desk and raise it again in his best attempt at one.

"Glad to hear this town has a good guard, the peace must always be maintained. I wish them luck in their endeavors to catch whoever caused such a ruckus. Thank you for your help, I think I'll go try to flag down a guard to see if I can hear more, or maybe get some directions if they aren't too busy. Have a good day, it was a pleasure meeting you." The desk gave his fond farewells and went to see if he can locate a guard who doesn't look too busy. Would be rude to interrupt if they were in the middle of something after all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: October 09, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »

((Would the term "weld" be used in this setting?))

Not really, as the technology does not exist in the area you are currently in.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: October 10, 2013, 12:37:45 am »

Explore some more. If there are any fine mechanical ladies, go ahead and chat them up a little.
((No worries.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: October 10, 2013, 07:36:13 am »

((Would the term "weld" be used in this setting?))

Not really, as the technology does not exist in the area you are currently in.
((Thanks, I edited it with a hopefully more fitting word))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: October 10, 2013, 01:18:40 pm »

On the ground in a street in Shriekpot...

Niklas, eager to find what has provoked this attack on his esteemed personage, asks one more time what they want.

"Last chance by Viking merit - why do you assault me?"

"We're not assaulting you! We're merely arresting you! For questioning and whatnot!"

Niklas tries to get up.

[Combined Maneuver: Guard 7 and Guard 2: 2, 6, average 4 = +1]
[Trip: Guards 2 and 7 vs. Niklas: 6+1 vs. 5+1-1

As he does so, though, two of the guards trip him up again, preventing any meaningful progress. Somebody laughs.

"Surrender, fiend!"

At the stall of Gunther Gunnarson, All-Purpose Blacksmith...

Sigmund walks up to the stall of his old pal and asks him a question.

"Excuse me, sir, how much would you charge for attaching four limbs to a metal skeleton? They were removed with tools, but they should be able to be fused again."

"It very much depends on what you want, sir! Do you wish for mobile joints or will any old connection do? I have this absolutely wonderful set of ball joints I've been itching to try out on something, but they're a bit expensive. Four gold for the job, but I guarantee satisfaction! Alternatively, I could just do some riveting and call it a day, but who wants that, am I right?"

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott elaborates further, having gotten the Captain's interest.

"The guy with the metal skeleton, Mark. Is there anything you would like me to do to repay the favor?"

"Oh, NONSENSE. I don't need REPAYMENT! You lot have done PLENTY FOR ME! I'll HELP RIGHT AWAY!"

He quickly sinks into the floor. A few moments later, Mark is violently hurled out of the hatch leading below decks, flying up into the air, then falling downward at a perilous pace!

[Scott's positioning roll: 4]
[Artiste's positioning roll: 4]

The flying carcass lands in the middle of the deck with a loud clang, the Captain's head poking out of the deck momentarily.

"Ah, I SEE HE ARRIVED SAFELY! GREAT!"

At Brenwicke's Books...

Morton moves to conversation to a satisfactory conclusion as he has attained all the information he needs.

"I wouldn't be surprised at that, who attempts to cause such horrid trouble at a bookstore of all places?" he says, dipping his front end mildly.

"Glad to hear this town has a good guard, the peace must always be maintained. I wish them luck in their endeavors to catch whoever caused such a ruckus. Thank you for your help, I think I'll go try to flag down a guard to see if I can hear more, or maybe get some directions if they aren't too busy. Have a good day, it was a pleasure meeting you."

"Um... yes, of course. Good day."

With that, Morton, followed closely by Art, looks for a guard. Sadly, though, all of the ones he does see, and there are assuredly not many, all look quite busy either brutalizing criminals or heckling criminals as they are brutalized. And some are engaged in busy conversations with attractive fishmongers as well.

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren, considering that his instincts have served him well, looks around for some fine mechanical ladies. Fortunately, there's one right over there! It looks pretty feminine, anyway, beyond the fact that it's a bit more sharp-looking and jagged than you'd expect a woman to be. He floats up to her, coming up with his best line for this sort of situations.

"I seem to be hopelessly lost. Could you offer assistance?"

The mechanical lady turns to Darren, her eyes glowing brightly, yet coldly. Her voice is quite tinny as she speaks.

"You are in the engineers' quarter of the City. What do you seek?"

At that moment, a somewhat sterner, yet equally metallic voice pipes up from nearby. Darren looks, and notices another jagged, tall humanoid made of metal, very male in appearance.

"Who are you? Why are you speaking to her?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: October 10, 2013, 02:03:49 pm »

Hmm, bother. Ah well, he can worry about that after checking the other bookstore, surely Wallyn would know about whatever might happen at a competitor's of his. The desk tries to flag down a local and asks where he might find Wallyn's bookstore, in true Morton style of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: October 10, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »

YOU COULD'VE ASKED! NOW I HAVE TO ACT ACCORDING TO MY LEGAL CODE!

Sweep the legs of the guards closest to me with my legs, then smash all the guards I can reach with my spiked chairs. Target their legs.
Then get up. If any guards still try to attack me, punch them in the upper bodies hard enough to kill them.
Then continue running away.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: October 10, 2013, 03:01:32 pm »

"Scott will try to avoid a scene and get Mark drug off for treatment."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: October 10, 2013, 03:36:35 pm »

Sigmund thought for a moment, he really didn't pay much attention to how Mark had been dismembered. Still he needed to know prices, so he asked:

-I don't really know if his articulations still work, but how much would you charge for the riveting?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:19 pm »

[I think that blow to the head for Scott was too much, the poor zombie is starting to narrate his actions, heheh.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: October 10, 2013, 04:47:34 pm »

[I think that blow to the head for Scott was too much, the poor zombie is starting to narrate his actions, heheh.]
((True, hehe))

((Hey, Xantalos, shouldn't you try to fly again?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: October 10, 2013, 04:49:20 pm »

((True, hehe))

((I think the anti magic field is still in effect.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: October 10, 2013, 04:49:52 pm »

((True, hehe))

((I think the anti magic field is still in effect.))
((You know, it could have been a bad roll))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: October 10, 2013, 04:55:00 pm »

((I'll try after I kill everyone.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 719