Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542903 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7395 on: October 20, 2013, 10:57:04 am »

The desk sighed, a strange motion for a desk, but then Morton is a strange desk.

"I'm sorry that we can't provide adequate explanation sir, but I honestly don't know. I was turned into a desk by a demon a day or so ago, and don't rightly know many things. I know that I see out of these," with that Morton pointed at the knobs on his drawers, "and I can speak out of this." The desk similarly pointed at his speech drawer. "I don't know how I can hear, nor how I can think, nor even how I can articulate movement really. I don't like not knowing, but such is sadly how it works. These arms aren't even original to my body, they were added on later and I found I could manipulate them as if they were natural. Perhaps I can simply manipulate wood to a strange degree, if within a certain distance from whatever might be truly me inside this desk? I do not know."

Morton turned around until he was facing Socrates, a strange name by all counts, but one he finds fitting for some reason he's not entirely aware of. Sadly, strange things that seem fitting for reasons he's not aware of is starting to become a common occurrence, such as his form, magic, soul binding, demons, gods, city life... Oh how he missed the days when things were simple.

"But I believe I might know someone who would. I warn you though, I've never attempted to contact such an individual so I'm not sure what might happen should he-or-she indeed be contacted. But I lay the offer out, I can quite possibly contact someone who can answer your questions if you wish. I've been told this individual asks as many hard questions as they themselves answer, and they may request a type of payment, possibly severe, for their answers or questions. Would you like to speak with him-or-her? I'm not the kind of person who likes to force anyone into anything; I consider such things dreadful and barbaric you see, so if you do not wish to, I will rescind the offer."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:58:50 am by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: October 20, 2013, 11:06:15 am »

((Demonology, yay! Just stay way if it asks for your soul))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: October 20, 2013, 11:18:33 am »

[Possible demonology, there's a chance this Socrates guy will deny it in which case it won't happen. Morton isn't the kind of person to force someone into something that could be potentially dangerous.
Remember: Always be business-like, be straight forward, remain calm, and never, ever barter with your soul.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: October 20, 2013, 01:43:22 pm »

In the senseless void of sensory deprivation...

Niklas does his best to assuage the fears of Helsvar.

"Don't mourn, my sweet. I can't find any chairs to transfer to anyhow. Hm."

That gives him an idea.

"I'm still connected to that Nartif guy via soul bond. Maybe I can contact him."

"Be safe, my love."

Niklas then tries to do something with the soul bond, but he doesn't find anything to work off of. Doesn't seem like the bond's an actual, physical thing. At least, not right now.

On the Second Shank...

Scott quickly takes an inventory of the things available here on the ship. He finds out that there really aren't any. There's only a bit of food in the kitchen, a bit of water here and there and the barrel and a half of the Special that Scott brought.

A sad state of affairs, to be honest.

Sigmund and Kevin, meanwhile, figure out a plan of action. It involves giving Kevin a book and a gold coin. This is more difficult than one might imagine due to the fact that Kevin's fingers don't really work properly due to being broken. And the fact that he can't roll up the stairs with anything that can be described as a reasonable amount of effort.

Sigmund, though, has no problem just walking over to Craig and pestering him.

"So, what demon are you going to contact?"

Tailor Craig is a tad startled by Sigmund's sudden remark, and rapidly wipes away a single line of chalk that he was drawing.

"Ah. Didn't see you there. But to answer your question, these are templates, mostly for verbal portals. I have one mostly drafted up for the Demon of Difficult Questions - quite a useful portal, that one. And one template for the makeover portal, one on the far wall that leads to the Realm of Fear, and one more general one, and some companion sigils, definitely a rather good beginning, I would say. Sadly, there is only so much space I can use here, or I would perhaps do one of the larger ones as well, for practice if nothing else."

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton, against what one would consider good sense, replies to the man, who he has dubbed Socrates for the purposes of this discussion on a whim.

"I'm sorry that we can't provide adequate explanation sir, but I honestly don't know. I was turned into a desk by a demon a day or so ago, and don't rightly know many things. I know that I see out of these," he says, pointing at the knobs on his drawers, "and I can speak out of this," he continues, indicating his speech drawer. "I don't know how I can hear, nor how I can think, nor even how I can articulate movement really. I don't like not knowing, but such is sadly how it works. These arms aren't even original to my body, they were added on later and I found I could manipulate them as if they were natural. Perhaps I can simply manipulate wood to a strange degree, if within a certain distance from whatever might be truly me inside this desk? I do not know."

"But I believe I might know someone who would. I warn you though, I've never attempted to contact such an individual so I'm not sure what might happen should he-or-she indeed be contacted. But I lay the offer out, I can quite possibly contact someone who can answer your questions if you wish. I've been told this individual asks as many hard questions as they themselves answer, and they may request a type of payment, possibly severe, for their answers or questions. Would you like to speak with him-or-her? I'm not the kind of person who likes to force anyone into anything; I consider such things dreadful and barbaric you see, so if you do not wish to, I will rescind the offer."

"Who is this individual, and what makes you believe they can provide the truth?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: October 20, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »

((So, Kevin is still in the ship, right?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »

((So, Kevin is still in the ship, right?))

Yes. He also doesn't have the book, as it doesn't fit into any of his pockets, unlike the gold coin.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: October 20, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »

((I see, but he did not go downstairs, right?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: October 20, 2013, 02:10:22 pm »

((I see, but he did not go downstairs, right?))

He had to in order to attempt to get the book - it was presumably painful.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: October 20, 2013, 02:24:36 pm »

((Alright. I will have to help him then.))

Sigmund told to Craig:

-I will be right back, I would like to make you some questions about all this.

Help Kevin to go upstairs, then come back and ask:

-Would any of these things be actually dangerous? Because I know of a place where you could do all this things and won't ever be bothered.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: October 20, 2013, 02:53:42 pm »

Hm.
Helsvar, my love, are you capable of interacting with anyone but me?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: October 20, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »

"I don't know the individual's specific name, but from what I've heard they're called the Demon of Difficult Questions. This individual provides both answers and questions to what is provided, and I for one can't imagine a source more reliable than a being dedicated entirely to such an endeavor. I can provide you with a way to speak to this individual, hopefully helping you find the answers to your questions. It's no small thing I'm offering however, so I understand caution and indeed would only go through such a thing if you wish it, but I believe it can help you. If you accept such a proposition, all I ask is for one thing: you tell me where I can find the Alley of Muffled Screams."

Morton laid out his offer in more clear and less vague terms, along with what he wants to get out of it. The desk wonders if there are easier ways to get this man to stop following him, and there undoubtedly are, but at least the offer would either distract the man to where he could get away, or dissuade the man from following him either way.

[There is absolutely no way this can go wrong, nope, no way at all.]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:38:55 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: October 20, 2013, 04:46:11 pm »

"I don't know the individual's specific name, but from what I've heard they're called the Demon of Difficult Questions. This individual provides both answers and questions to what is provided, and I for one can't imagine a source more reliable than a being dedicated entirely to such an endeavor. I can provide you with a way to speak to this individual, hopefully helping you find the answers to your questions. It's no small thing I'm offering however, so I understand caution and indeed would only go through such a thing if you wish it, but I believe it can help you. If you accept such a proposition, all I ask is for one thing: you tell me where I can find the Alley of Muffled Screams."

Morton laid out his offer in more clear and less vague terms, along with what he wants to get out of it. The desk wonders if there are easier ways to get this man to stop following him, and there undoubtedly are, but at least the offer would either distract the man to where he could get away, or dissuade the man from following him either way.

[There is absolutely no way this can go wrong, nope, no way at all.]
((Hey, bit a bit of luck the demon will overload his mind and we end up having a fresh body!

By the way, Sigmund is probably going to propose Craig to go to the Yaleson's house to practise potenially dangerous stuff there instead of the ship, so you should make this quick))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: October 20, 2013, 04:49:44 pm »

[Huh. Well, I wouldn't suggest that actually, the fungi will probably kill him. I figured you were talking about the cargo hold, I mean heck what are we actually using it for? Not like we're shipping stuff. Wait, that just reminded me, we are totally not stocked for a trip on the ocean for several people. We need food and water.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: October 20, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

((On the mushrooms subject: Sigmund will ask first if he has lungs and if he is made of flesh.

On the food and water subjects: if we keep like this we will make the Feisty Jelly rich.

We need a way to make money. Preferably a legal one. Maybe taking Craig through the city turning people into fashionable abominations?))

Nunzillor

« Reply #7409 on: October 20, 2013, 09:10:39 pm »

((Well, a trip to the fabulous dimension for each crew member should fix the whole food and water problem.))
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 719