Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542702 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7410 on: October 20, 2013, 09:19:12 pm »

((Well, a trip to the fabulous dimension for each crew member should fix the whole food and water problem.))
((I will regret this, but I have to say that it may be a good idea.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: October 21, 2013, 12:58:50 am »

"Just bump me up the stairs. I'll go to the smith without the book."
Wait for assistance with the stairs, then head to the smith.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: October 21, 2013, 02:47:05 am »

Inform the Captain and Artiste on the sad state of affairs.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: October 21, 2013, 02:00:00 pm »

In Tailor Craig's room...

Sigmund, recalling that he has inadvertently trapped Kevin downstairs, excuses himself for a moment, goes back and helps him up - with only one arm, it's a bit more difficult than one might imagine, but he gets it done eventually, sending Kevin on his way. He then returns to Craig.

"Would any of these things be actually dangerous? Because I know of a place where you could do all these things and won't ever be bothered."

"Hm? Where? I don't think the cargo hold would be a good spot, as we may need to store things there, and I don't think the den or the other people's rooms will work either due to reasons of good etiquette if nothing else."

Kevin, meanwhile, rolls over to Gunther Gunnarson's place, hearing what sounds like slow, deliberate work from within.

In a senseless void...

Niklas asks Helsvar for assistance.

"Hm. Helsvar, my love, are you capable of interacting with anyone but me?"

"Yes. Torkel, for one. And Kruub as well, though I have not seen him lately. Maybe I can find some of the other villagers as well, though I do not speak with them as often as I used to - they have taken to shunning me, actually. Why?"

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton offers the man the name of his friend-of-a-friend, hoping to get a sort of trade going.

"I don't know the individual's specific name, but from what I've heard they're called the Demon of Difficult Questions. This individual provides both answers and questions to what is provided, and I for one can't imagine a source more reliable than a being dedicated entirely to such an endeavor. I can provide you with a way to speak to this individual, hopefully helping you find the answers to your questions. It's no small thing I'm offering however, so I understand caution and indeed would only go through such a thing if you wish it, but I believe it can help you. If you accept such a proposition, all I ask is for one thing: you tell me where I can find the Alley of Muffled Screams."

"What, ask a demon? Are you insane, man? Demons are the very architects of the lies and deceit that permeate this world of ours! As are the gods, for that matter. Everyone upstairs, downstairs and on different planes than the stairs altogether is in on it! Distorting our senses, twisting the world in ways it must not be twisted! Why, to seek one's aid would bring only further illusions, layers upon layers of cowpat to hide the ultimate truths!" the man replies, becoming more agitated and consequently louder with each sentence. "Why do you advocate such a thing, desk-man? Have you had dealings with them?"

Art narrows his glowing eyes at the man, taking a discreet step back.

On the Second Shank...

Scott, knowing that a lack of food and water is definitely news too terrible to keep to himself, finds the Artiste and explains the situation to him.

"Good gods, man, there's no food! Or water!"

"Don't think we need it, actually. Erin can make this stuff out of thin air, apparently. I've seen her do it, even. Tastes odd, you know, but works well enough. Haven't died yet, at any rate."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: October 21, 2013, 02:09:11 pm »

Patiently wait for Gunther to finish.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:51 pm »

Sigmund said to Craig:

-First, I have to amke you two questions, as this plsce where you can't be bothered is really dangerous. The first one is if you need to breathe. THe second one is if you are made of flesh or a simmilar material.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: October 21, 2013, 02:20:33 pm »

Oh...
At least you know that I apparently care about your mortal deficiencies.

So, how long do you suppose the trip shall be?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: October 21, 2013, 02:22:36 pm »

And just because this will take forever otherwise, more dialogue!

Patiently wait for Gunther to finish.

About twelve hours left for that. Willing to wait that long?

Sigmund said to Craig:

-First, I have to amke you two questions, as this plsce where you can't be bothered is really dangerous. The first one is if you need to breathe. THe second one is if you are made of flesh or a simmilar material.

"No on both counts. I am not entirely corporeal, actually."

Oh...
At least you know that I apparently care about your mortal deficiencies.

So, how long do you suppose the trip shall be?

"No idea. I was actually planning to find out right now. I wonder if this will work..." he answers, standing up from his seated position, taking a swig of water and looking at the mildly overcast sky.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: October 21, 2013, 04:13:17 pm »

Sigmund said:

-I see, so maybe you can go to this place. But, to be sure, do you think that you are made from a simmilar material than me?

Show my stump

((I love this way of doing things. Because spending two IRL days on a single conversation is annoying))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: October 21, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »

"...They are? Who are 'them?' The demons? I've only met one in my life honestly, it's what turned me into this. I'm afraid I don't believe we're understanding one another it seems... If you say everything is a lie, than what is the truth? What is trying to be hid? I don't understand, I'm afraid." Morton was genuinely confused now, he thought he was trying to help the man (and as a byproduct be rid of him) but it seems that backfired.

"I didn't mean to upset you sir and I apologize for that, but I'm afraid I don't think we're communicating on the same, ah, ground level? Either way, I apologize again for upsetting you, I'll leave you be then. I wish you a good day sir, and I hope you find the answers you're seeking. It sounds like a noble task, but I'm afraid possibly over my head."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:30 am »

"Just send the bugger back when you're finished, Gunther. I'll go do something else in the meantime."
Go back to the ship.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: October 22, 2013, 01:04:27 am »

But not anyone in the physical world? Why is that? Did the Viking collective ascend to a higher state of being while I was away?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: October 22, 2013, 01:11:43 am »

Sigmund said:

-I see, so maybe you can go to this place. But, to be sure, do you think that you are made from a simmilar material than me?

Show my stump

"No, I wouldn't suppose so. For one, we were altered by different demons. Two, even if it was the same demon, they like to get creative somewhat frequently. In addition, the nature of my transformation, from what you've told me, differs greatly from yours."

"...They are? Who are 'them?' The demons? I've only met one in my life honestly, it's what turned me into this. I'm afraid I don't believe we're understanding one another it seems... If you say everything is a lie, than what is the truth? What is trying to be hid? I don't understand, I'm afraid." Morton was genuinely confused now, he thought he was trying to help the man (and as a byproduct be rid of him) but it seems that backfired.

"I didn't mean to upset you sir and I apologize for that, but I'm afraid I don't think we're communicating on the same, ah, ground level? Either way, I apologize again for upsetting you, I'll leave you be then. I wish you a good day sir, and I hope you find the answers you're seeking. It sounds like a noble task, but I'm afraid possibly over my head."

"Everything is a lie, and the truth is obfuscated! And you are one of their agents! The agents of deception! I knew there was something wrong with you!"

The man begins to step in your direction.

But not anyone in the physical world? Why is that? Did the Viking collective ascend to a higher state of being while I was away?

"Um... what? What are you talking about, dear?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: October 22, 2013, 01:13:37 am »

Oh, sorry. Got a bit too much into high-level theoretical chopping.
Could you talk to someone other than me, the villagers, or Torkel or Kruub? Like (insert Artiste description here)?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:14 am »

Stand with abated breath

((Assuming that Scott normally tries to breathe, either reflexively or to try and calm nearby mortals))
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 719