Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542645 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7455 on: October 24, 2013, 03:21:29 am »

"One last query, what at the end of our journey, is there to be worth the peril? And, my ladyu,is there anything we can do to help you rest?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: October 24, 2013, 05:10:18 am »

"I guess they stabbed you trough the head because stabbing you trough your heart did nothing."

"More like 'in case it did nothing', but yes, that's mostly correct."

"One last query, what at the end of our journey, is there to be worth the peril? And, my ladyu,is there anything we can do to help you rest?"

Justine shimmers for a moment.

"There's the Realm of Dreams, of course. The fiend seeks a particular prize there, and it isn't quite what you would expect. Whether it will be worth the peril is up to your perspective, but most probably not in your case. It is definitely worth it for your master, however, though he has far less to lose than you do, relatively speaking."

"Quite astute, really! I didn't know you could read me quite that easily!"

"You are not easy to decipher, but it is ultimately possible, though complete understanding thankfully eludes me. As for helping me rest, that is quite the noble sentiment, but I am quite dead and need no rest as a result, so your pleasantries are entirely misplaced."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:16:10 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:30 am »

Sigmund spoke to the Artiste:

-Since when do you know each other?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: October 24, 2013, 10:49:08 am »

Sigmund spoke to the Artiste:

-Since when do you know each other?

"Glad you asked!"

"As you may suspect, it involves enslavement."

"Hit the nail right on the head there! She used to run with our wonderful wizard friends Erin, Evelyn and Art not six days ago."

"Then I quit."

"Or tried to, at any rate."

"An enjoyable, if brief respite."

"She didn't quite seem to realize at the time that you can't really quit my service - at least, not without my say-so. Even if you become slightly living-impaired, as a good friend of mine once put."

"I was hoping you would forget about me, actually. Seemed quite in-character for you."

"If you were an extra necromancer, maybe! But you're a bit too useful to leave on the backburner, Justine! Such is the tragedy of your existence, I would say."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: October 24, 2013, 11:30:59 am »

"I bet you also keep her for the company."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:23 am »

"I bet you also keep her for the company."

"There's certainly worse people to look at, I would say, and I love the way she keeps badmouthing me. It makes me feel quite appreciated."

Justine offers no comment, merely raising her single eyebrow.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: October 24, 2013, 11:44:52 am »

((Love is in the air~))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: October 24, 2013, 12:21:12 pm »

"By rest, I meant 'depart into the ether' obviously."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: October 24, 2013, 12:35:43 pm »

"By rest, I meant 'depart into the ether' obviously."

"No point. He'd just pull me right back," Justine explains, pointing to the Artiste.

"Yep. She'll be our navigator. After all, she is a diviner. Thought she'd be perfect for the job, too. Like I said, ask her anything you like."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: October 24, 2013, 03:00:50 pm »

In a senseless void...

Niklas agrees with the proposal, and Helsvar commences the dragging of his body. It takes a while, but eventually he feels that he is in a more populated place - there are quite a lot of men and women around. Raiding season must be over, he guesses, so now it must be feasting time.

Nobody seems to pay attention to him just yet.

"We're here. They seem to still be avoiding me."

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton, deciding to keep on playing along with the charade, acts his part out to completion.

"As you desire, my lady."

Together they proceed down Cooper Street until they reach Mariner Street, which they go down immediately, finding the alley they've been seeking after a while - it is as seedy as one might imagine, although it also appears to be somewhat quiet right now. There's nobody outside in the alley, and Wallyn's House of Fine Women and Spellbooks, easily identifiable by its glowing sign, appears to be more peaceful than one might expect from a combination spellbook store and whorehouse.

In a strange cul-de-sac...

Darren, unsure if he should be speaking too much with suspicious hands in cul-de-sacs, tries to edge himself toward a nearby door - sadly, standing in the middle of a cul-de-sac, which is kind of like a square, except purely residential, provides few such opportunities.

"Uh, I'm really not too sure you can help with my few problems, unless you've got an artifact vault and a ghost hospital back there, but thanks for the offer."

"An artifact vault? Why would you want to find such a thing? And why would a man of an ethereal persuasion such as yourself need a hospital?"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: October 24, 2013, 03:02:35 pm »

((Uh. I'll post my action in a bit, but does anyone want to bet on how likely Niklas is to die?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: October 24, 2013, 03:36:14 pm »

"Hm... Not quite what I was expecting. I really hope they didn't go in there, hopefully this will be only a quick detour." Morton explained to Art as he faced the bookstore, one of his arms idly tapping his wooden desk leg softly at the sight. These kind of places repulse Morton, being a married man and one of hopefully good morality to boot. It should only be a quick route though, inside and ask if he's seen these people, outside if he hasn't or where if he has.

"I must say Art, that was absolutely marvelous back there. I still don't know what was wrong with that strange fellow though, but I can say now him touching me wasn't quite pleasant indeed, rather... Odd in a dreadful way really. I was most definitely not a mundane gesture I fear. Are large cities usually populated with people like that?" The question was rhetorical to be honest, but Morton wouldn't say no to an answer. "We should best get this place behind us soon though I feel."

With that, the desk made his way to the front door of the establishment and entering.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: October 24, 2013, 04:00:28 pm »

Sigmund suddenly realized something, but he wasn't sure about that yet. He asked:

-When did Mark get into the group? I meant, where you all already enslaved?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: October 24, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »

Scott will shrug and go talk to the captain about the mechanics of runnng a ship.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: October 24, 2013, 08:28:12 pm »

"Ah, this."
Darren unwraps his arm for a moment and shows it to the hands.
"Aren't any ghost hospitals around here though, I assume. And as for the vault, it's a long story, but I'm doing a favor for a god."
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 719