Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542826 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7470 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:54 am »

Sigmund suddenly realized something, but he wasn't sure about that yet. He asked:

-When did Mark get into the group? I meant, where you all already enslaved?

"Silly Sigmund! Mark was my very first minion! He introduced me to the late Bernie as well as these fine mages we journey with today."

"An object lesson that you should not trust a bound stranger if anything in that regard."

"Ah, this."
Darren unwraps his arm for a moment and shows it to the hands.
"Aren't any ghost hospitals around here though, I assume. And as for the vault, it's a long story, but I'm doing a favor for a god."

"Oh dear. That arm does not look good at all. And a god, you say? Which god is it?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: October 25, 2013, 06:37:02 am »

Now everything made sense. Mark had been the first, and look at how was he now! But he hadn't got any other choice thatn to abey, as he couldn't get away from someone who had enslaved his soul. On the other hand, he realizaed that the divination book wa probable Justine's. he said:

-Oh... I see. I think that I may have found something that is your, ustine.

Go get the book and divination stuff and show it to Justine.

-I found it on Mark.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: October 25, 2013, 03:00:07 pm »

Now everything made sense. Mark had been the first, and look at how was he now! But he hadn't got any other choice thatn to abey, as he couldn't get away from someone who had enslaved his soul. On the other hand, he realizaed that the divination book wa probable Justine's. he said:

-Oh... I see. I think that I may have found something that is your, ustine.

Go get the book and divination stuff and show it to Justine.

-I found it on Mark.

"That is indeed my manual - you can keep it, though. I can't very well read it now, can I? And you barbarians have probably defiled it in some way already."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: October 25, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »

-Thanks, I guess.

Then, as there was a diviner here, and there was a particularly important question to make, one regarding a murderous chair construct, he asked:

-So, if I asked were is Niklas, one of the undead that was turned into a chair and somewhow learned to use magic, would you be able to answer it?

Lean foward showing expectaion if she says yes

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: October 25, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »

-Thanks, I guess.

Then, as there was a diviner here, and there was a particularly important question to make, one regarding a murderous chair construct, he asked:

-So, if I asked were is Niklas, one of the undead that was turned into a chair and somewhow learned to use magic, would you be able to answer it?

Lean foward showing expectaion if she says yes

"Describe him to me. In detail, preferably."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: October 25, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

-Well, he was a man made of chairs. Actually, he was only the central armchair, which Erin game some weird glowing clubs with which he could see. He controled the rest of the chairs with magic he spontaneously acquired. Either that or he had been a chair mage all his life and he didn't tell us anything, but I don't think it's probable.

Describe him further if possible

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: October 25, 2013, 04:31:07 pm »

In the Alley of Muffled Screams...

Morton doesn't quite like this place, he has to say.

"Hm... Not quite what I was expecting. I really hope they didn't go in there, hopefully this will be only a quick detour."

"Yeah. If they did, I can't see things going well for them."

After a moment of silence as they move toward the door, Morton addresses Art once more.

"I must say, Art, that was absolutely marvelous back there. I still don't know what was wrong with that strange fellow though, but I can say now him touching me wasn't quite pleasant indeed, rather... odd in a dreadful way really. It was most definitely not a mundane gesture, I fear. Are large cities usually populated with people like that?"

"Depends on the city, to be honest - this is pretty close to Black Circle country, so it's understandably a bit weird - for one, that guy clearly had magic of some kind on him. Not sure what it was, but I don't think it worked on you for some reason. And thanks for the compliment. Felt good to really get into character like that, haven't done that for ages now."

"We should best get this place behind us soon, though, I feel."

"Agreed. Let's head on in."

The two sorta-people walk to the door of Wallyn's building - it's a pretty grand entrance, all things considered - a well-done arch with some heavy doors, almost a bit too respectable in a way - doesn't mesh with the general aura of iniquity. They step into the building, whereupon they find themselves in an even more suspiciously nice-looking hall, being attended to by a portly, mildly dazed-looking woman.

"Hi! If you don't mind me saying, you don't look like you're here for the downstairs business, so I'm guessing you're here for Wallyn, right?"

She winks at Art for some reason, who doesn't immediately respond.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott shrugs and leaves quietly, finding the Captain.

"Cap'n, I am ready to progress through the ranks! I can be an officer, I know it!"

"SPLENDID! I KNEW you had it IN you, SEA APE! FIRST THINGS FIRST. Can you MOVE OBJECTS WITH ONLY YOUR MIND?"

Sigmund, after a short moment of conversation, starts to describe his old partner in crime.

"Well, he was a man made of chairs. Actually, he was only the central armchair, which Erin game some weird glowing clubs with which he could see. He controlled the rest of the chairs with magic he spontaneously acquired. Either that or he had been a chair mage all his life and he didn't tell us anything, but I don't think it's probable..."

"Chair mage? Should be easy enough to find."

Justine shuts her eye again, and her other empty eye socket vibrates oddly. Moments later, she opens her eye.

"Hm. Maybe not. Several possible reasons for that. Might be dead, might be changed somehow. Or maybe not really what you describe him as - I'm getting something, but it's not a whole lot."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: October 25, 2013, 05:02:32 pm »

"Yes indeed madam, we're looking for Wallyn's bookstore. Could you perhaps direct us to the store, or perhaps Wallyn himself?" The desk politely asked the woman, hoping in part to take her attention off of Art. He has a bad feeling about this place, but Morton is remaining optimistic that they'll soon have this all behind them at the least.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: October 25, 2013, 05:21:06 pm »

((Why am I attributing the captains voice to Brian Blessed?  :P))

"...uh...no sir. My talents lie in paperwork, rotting and random acts of surprisingly effective violence... or an amazingly underwhelming lack of violence... depending on how important the violence is to my unlife."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:54 pm »

Niklas, realizing he should really get a move on, begins talking.

Hello all! Raiding season's over, I see.

Approach crowd, make Viking small talk.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: October 25, 2013, 08:01:21 pm »

-Well, he had a bounty of ten gold on his person for killing guards and making his corpses into sandwiches. Would that help?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: October 26, 2013, 12:30:37 am »

((I don't remember doing that.))
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: October 26, 2013, 02:36:05 am »

((You did. First you became a magical cannonball and saved our ass, then you made sandwiches that Sigmund ate.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: October 26, 2013, 02:40:01 am »

((Huh. Apparently the memories are blurring together.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: October 26, 2013, 02:43:26 am »

"Yes indeed madam, we're looking for Wallyn's bookstore. Could you perhaps direct us to the store, or perhaps Wallyn himself?" The desk politely asked the woman, hoping in part to take her attention off of Art. He has a bad feeling about this place, but Morton is remaining optimistic that they'll soon have this all behind them at the least.

"Thought so. Well, he's... a bit busy right now, if you catch my meaning, so I hope you don't mind waiting a little while."

((Why am I attributing the captains voice to Brian Blessed?  :P))

"...uh...no sir. My talents lie in paperwork, rotting and random acts of surprisingly effective violence... or an amazingly underwhelming lack of violence... depending on how important the violence is to my unlife."

"That COMPLICATES THINGS! You SEE, this ship CRUCIALLY needs such TALENTS to MOVE PROPERLY! PARTICULARLY since it's been ALMOST TWO CENTURIES since my LAST SAILING EXPEDITION!"

-Well, he had a bounty of ten gold on his person for killing guards and making his corpses into sandwiches. Would that help?

"That is a relevant fact, yes. Any other psychotic quirks this undoubtedly charming individual had?"

Hello all! Raiding season's over, I see.

Nobody responds.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 719