Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542790 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7485 on: October 26, 2013, 03:08:29 am »

So...No manual controls what so ever?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: October 26, 2013, 03:12:19 am »

So...No manual controls what so ever?

"Oh, I'm SURE THERE ARE. I just don't know WHERE or HOW to USE THEM, is all! So I FIGURE I'll do it a LITTLE DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME AROUND!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: October 26, 2013, 07:37:16 am »

((You did. First you became a magical cannonball and saved our ass, then you made sandwiches that Sigmund ate.))
((Sigmund throwed the sandwiches away and sucked some blood from bloody chinks left behind))

-Well, he had a bounty of ten gold on his person for killing guards and making his corpses into sandwiches. Would that help?
"That is a relevant fact, yes. Any other psychotic quirks this undoubtedly charming individual had?"

-He had a kind of weird addiction to his kitchen implements. He used to be a cook, a foreign one that cooked things raw in a disturbing way. But he had lost his tools when he had that incident with Erin that somehow ended in Mark attaching his head to a giant catfish-like monster. Then he swore that he would murder Erin, so I told our master about that, and he decided that he should be transmuted into a chair. Overall, he is a very disturbed and disturbing individual.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: October 26, 2013, 07:43:07 am »

Scott will try to inspect the ship.

((Check the ropes from the wheel to the rudder are still in service etc.))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: October 26, 2013, 08:07:57 am »

"He left our bookstore raid to get some better chairs for his arms. The guards promptly busted us without him, tough."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: October 26, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »

[So I'm trying to remember what all I have on me... I think a huge amount of tea supplies, a pot, and the stick from the hate tree, right? Four flasks too, I think, because I remember giving one to the carpenter. The lighter is still with Sigmund, I think... Or did he return it?

I'm surprised I still have that stick actually. It would be interesting to test with, but oh so dangerous. I think... I don't think it does anything to Morton to touch it considering he has it stored away in one of his drawers. Or inside a backpack in a drawer, if he still has that.]

"Ah, no bother at all madam. One of the benefits of having four legs is that it's as if I'm perpetually sitting. Quite comfortable to be honest." Morton commented, throwing out a offhanded comment as he glanced around the grand hallway. Now, while Morton wouldn't dream of stereotyping people nor making comments on societal classes, he does wonder how someone can keep such an ostentatious display in what appears to be so rough a neighborhood.

Then Morton remembered the evangelist telling him to not test Wallyn's patience much... Hm. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:30:49 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: October 26, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

((Lost the lighter to the guards. :(. Also, Morton has Sigmund's former clothes))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: October 26, 2013, 04:32:33 pm »

Right beneath Wallyn's bookstore...

Morton replies that it's quite alright that the esteemed shopkeeper is busy at the moment.

"Ah, no bother at all madam. One of the benefits of having four legs is that it's as if I'm perpetually sitting. Quite comfortable, to be honest."

Morton glances around the room - it's not exactly luxurious, he would say, and definitely not overdone in any way. It evokes a rather pleasant middle-class charm, one has to conclude. The furnishings are somewhat tasteful, yet not too expensive. There's artwork on the walls as well, but most of it is of somewhat dubious quality, albeit mildly pleasant to look at, mostly pastoral landscapes.

"Wonderful. Can I get you two anything, perhaps? Food? Drink? Conversation to pass the time?"

On the Second Shank...

Scott, after he realizes that the Captain has as little clue on how to operate this ship as he does, tries to figure out where everything is and how it works. He finds out that there is definitely a wheel. There are also sails, and they seem like they would work if somebody would unfurl them. The rest of the ship's inner workings seem quite obtuse.

Well, except the anchor. That thing has a wheel to raise and lower it.

Sigmund and Kevin, meanwhile, continue feeding Justine information.

"He had a kind of weird addiction to his kitchen implements. He used to be a cook, a foreign one that cooked things raw in a disturbing way. But he had lost his tools when he had that incident with Erin that somehow ended in Mark attaching his head to a giant catfish-like monster. Then he swore that he would murder Erin, so I told our master about that, and he decided that he should be transmuted into a chair. Overall, he is a very disturbed and disturbing individual."

"He left our bookstore raid to get some better chairs for his arms. The guards promptly busted us without him, tough."

"The more I hear about him, the less I want to find him. Nevertheless, I will try, if only to get you people off my back."

She closes her eye again.

"Ah, there's your problem. He's not made of chairs anymore, or particularly magical - he's a molten pile of slag currently, although distressingly alive despite said fact. A foreign cook, disturbed and deranged, unusually ethnic, oozes twisted macho sensibilities only very distantly related to the culture he claims to hail from? That sound like your guy? That one's in the western part of the trade district, in the middle of a glassed patch of cobblestones on the corner of Gardener and Pinkgate - can't miss it. Will probably be difficult to peel him out of there, but I'm sure you'll either figure something out in due time."

She looks at Sigmund, raising her single eyelid ponderously.

"Will that be all, or do you have other enormously pressing inquiries?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: October 26, 2013, 04:41:54 pm »

Sigmund sighs:

-I don't know how he manages to completely destroy his body again and again and survive. Thanks for yor help Justine, but I thought that you actually were here so that we could ask you questions, you know.

He then turns to Kevin:

-We should go to get him back. But I doubt that we would eventually be able to carry him back. Maybe we should take Erin with us? That way she can just transmute him in a way that it makes it easier for us to carry him back.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: October 26, 2013, 05:48:34 pm »

Niklas is disturbed by these people ignoring him! Was he not speaking loud enough?

*ahem* HELLO, VIKINGS! HOW ARE YOU DOING? WAS THE RAID SUCCESSFUL?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: October 27, 2013, 01:44:14 am »

Sigmund sighs:

-I don't know how he manages to completely destroy his body again and again and survive. Thanks for yor help Justine, but I thought that you actually were here so that we could ask you questions, you know.

"Just because I'm here to help doesn't mean I have to like doing it. In fact, I despise people who ask me questions."

Niklas is disturbed by these people ignoring him! Was he not speaking loud enough?

*ahem* HELLO, VIKINGS! HOW ARE YOU DOING? WAS THE RAID SUCCESSFUL?

You sense somebody turning to you.

"Why does a pile of garbage address me so? Has it no shame?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: October 27, 2013, 02:03:41 am »

No, and I would know who it is that calls me garbage!

That said, try to form myself into a man shape.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:11:37 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: October 27, 2013, 02:10:41 am »

"The god was... Velusius. Fitting, given my current predicament."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: October 27, 2013, 03:26:40 am »

"Don't worry, we despise you too."
Kevin then turned to Sigmund to answer him.
"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if I'd be of much help in my current state, though."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nunzillor

« Reply #7499 on: October 27, 2013, 04:01:02 am »

((Hmm.  A diviner that hates answering questions.  I think she should have considered her career options more thoroughly.))
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 719