Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540882 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7500 on: October 27, 2013, 04:03:57 am »

Go and buy a book on large ship sailing and navigation.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: October 27, 2013, 07:06:08 am »

Go and buy a book on large ship sailing and navigation.

As far as I recall, you do not have any money. There are also other problems with this suggestion, but this is the most immediate one.

"The god was... Velusius. Fitting, given my current predicament."

"Oh dear! Does he want his crown back already?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:23:41 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: October 27, 2013, 08:41:06 am »

"Don't worry, we despise you too."
Kevin then turned to Sigmund to answer him.
"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if I'd be of much help in my current state, though."
-That's why I suggested going with Erin. I will go to see if she is awake.

Go and see if she is awake.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: October 27, 2013, 09:14:42 am »

Try and obtain or have basic access to a book yada yada yada without spending non existent money.

:P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:30:17 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:54 am »

Darren halts a moment. This guy, these two hands, they knew what was going on? They knew about Velusius' crown problem? This was getting suspicious.
"Uh... Yeah. He does."
Check around. Keep guard up.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: October 28, 2013, 01:52:18 am »

In Helsvar's village...

Niklas is offended by the accusation leveled at him. How could one ever confuse him with a pile of refuse? Unthinkable!

"No, and I would know who it is that calls me garbage!"

"Bjarfjoltringarharaltfijrolturhelfrejbalgarthuriskaldollothar!" the fellow yells out to him. It's not a particularly long name, but it does contain a fair amount of pedigree in it, if Niklas heard it right. Hm. He supposes he needs to become more manlike to be taken seriously. However, he seems to lack the ability to do so himself.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, after carrying on for a bit with all that speaking he seems to be so fond of, goes and checks up on Erin.

He finds her to be still asleep, twisting and turning in her bed, probably having reasonably vivid dreams.

Scott, meanwhile, looks into the possibility of stealing books. He walks back over to Brenwicke's Books, as this is the only bookstore likely to carry what he needs, and tries to muscle his way in through the crowd.

[Scott's strength roll: 2+1]

Sadly, the rubberneckers are made out of sterner stuff than one might imagine, resisting his advances to an displeasing degree.

In a cul-de-sac in the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren affirms that it is indeed the crown that Velusius wants back.

"Uh... yeah. He does."

"If you don't mind me saying, sir, it was about time he sent someone over to quest for it. Thing's been sitting here for ages!"

As the hand speaks, Darren looks around. The neighborhood, while seemingly innocuous, looks more than a bit spooky to him. The shadows in the area dance distressingly on occasion, and he has a very distinct sensation he's being watched. Closely.

"Perhaps you'd like to come inside my place of residence? It has got a very pleasant radiance I'm sure you'll enjoy, and we could speak more on the matter of the crown - the Crown of Flowers, I believe it was called?"

In the distance behind the hands, Darren believes he can see a very dim silhouette, humanoid, gently floating in the air.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: October 28, 2013, 02:42:44 am »

"Hmmm, is there a public library about?"
Scott wonders.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: October 28, 2013, 02:53:34 am »

((Uh. Shizt.
Anyone remember what page it was Niklas revealed his full name? I don't have the time to go browsing through and I can't remember it offhand.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: October 28, 2013, 07:22:54 am »

((Uh. Shizt.
Anyone remember what page it was Niklas revealed his full name? I don't have the time to go browsing through and I can't remember it offhand.))
((I don't know, but I think that it was near the mement Niklas was firs transformed into a chair))

Sigmund shrugs and just heads back to the deck and tells Kevin:

-She is still sleeping. I guess that we're stuck here until she wakes up.

He then turns to the Artiste, hoping to pass the the a little bit:

-Master, I think that you mentioned before that you had some kind of magic besides soul magic, what kind of magic do you do?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: October 28, 2013, 07:29:52 am »

"Can't you wake her up or something?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: October 28, 2013, 07:36:37 am »

"Can't you wake her up or something?"
-Niklas ended up as a head attached to a catfish when he woke her up. So I'd rather not try.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:18 pm »

Niklas scoffs condescendingly.

Not a bad name at all! A little short, though. Now then, direct me in the direction of the nearest dirt or stone shaper, if you please. I need some fixing up.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:44 pm »

"Hmmm, is there a public library about?"
Scott wonders.

Scott realizes he can't conjure information on this subject out of the blue, not being a diviner or anything, thus his wondering serves no real purpose aside from confirming he has no idea.

-Master, I think that you mentioned before that you had some kind of magic besides soul magic, what kind of magic do you do?

"I warp space! It's quite fun. Not on very large scales, but I did shorten a several day trip rather nicely. I should probably practice that a little, it's sure to come in handy. All this lazing about can't be good for doing magic, right?"

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just keep on doing nothing and the rewards will keep piling up."

"It's worked so fa-wait, no. That's the exact opposite of what's been happening."

The Artiste reflects on current events, looking mildly troubled.

"In fact, how many things have happened lately that haven't ended in some sort of disaster and didn't involve our friend Craig in some respect? I wonder."

Niklas scoffs condescendingly.

Not a bad name at all! A little short, though. Now then, direct me in the direction of the nearest dirt or stone shaper, if you please. I need some fixing up.

"You cannot successfully polish a wet glob of goat excrement, my grandfather always told me. Better to quit while you're not too far behind," Bjarfjol answers equally condescendingly. "And learn more respect for your betters, you sad pile of refuse."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: October 28, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »

And who are you, to speak of yourself as my better?!

Cries the actual pile of refuse.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: October 28, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »

And who are you, to speak of yourself as my better?!

Cries the actual pile of refuse.

"I give you my name, and you still know nothing? Somehow, you manage to be even less cultured than the average heap of discarded slop. I would explain, but I dare not sink to a nadir of ignorance like yours for fear that it will drag me down. In fact, I shall take my leave now. I would say goodbye, but that would imply I wish you well to some degree."

And with that, Bjarfjol promptly leaves without another word.

"I think they realize I brought you here. You are tainted by the association."
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 719