Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542574 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7530 on: October 29, 2013, 11:59:35 am »

Darnit. Well, time to tempt fate go look for opportunity.

Wander around the possibly mental projection village looking for something that can either give me a body or that I can inhabit safely.
Or chairs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:23 pm »

-Well, Mark is being fixed, so eventually he will be able to fix us too. And thanks for caring about my safety, Master. But there is another thing that we can do meanwhile.

He then turned to Justine:

-We have been scammed some days ago by someone posing as the captain of the floating ship of the Black Circle of Magic. He got over three hundred copper coins from us. Do you know where he is?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: October 29, 2013, 12:15:28 pm »

-Well, Mark is being fixed, so eventually he will be able to fix us too. And thanks for caring about my safety, Master. But there is another thing that we can do meanwhile.

He then turned to Justine:

-We have been scammed some days ago by someone posing as the captain of the floating ship of the Black Circle of Magic. He got over three hundred copper coins from us. Do you know where he is?

"300 coppers? Quite the scam, but can't divine much out of just that. Do you know anything else about the guy?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: October 29, 2013, 12:43:26 pm »

"He went to this one bar often, apparently. What was the name again, Sigmund?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: October 29, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »

-The Ullubelle, I think. The guy was supposedly called Rat-Bastard Gilroy, or something like that. Or at least that was what the barkeep at the Feisty Jelly told us. That despicable piece of scum was red-haired and short, I think.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: October 29, 2013, 12:53:19 pm »

-The Ullubelle, I think. The guy was supposedly called Rat-Bastard Gilroy, or something like that. Or at least that was what the barkeep at the Feisty Jelly told us. That despicable piece of scum was red-haired and short, I think.
((Oh god it's Bukkar from that one lawastooshort game.))
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: October 29, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »

Climb the mast of the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: October 29, 2013, 04:04:24 pm »

[I wonder how that Red-Chested fellow is doing with his new form. I hope well, he seemed nice.

Also, I'm still rather curious as to how Morton resisted whatever that dude tried to do to him. I think he was trying to forcibly put 'logic' into how Morton worked, making him require sustenance and the like. Might be that he just got a bad try, as this isn't exactly something that would be wise to test. What with the whole 'having magic haphazardly thrown at you' is a bad thing.]

Morton recalls the words of warning he was given to not test Wallyn's patience, and couldn't help but wonder if that might be a part of it. But then, the desk doesn't consider himself one to try to aggravate others, so he doesn't believe he would bother the man much. If anything, the man seems to be regarded positively here, for what that means.

"Can you tell me about Wallyn's store? I've heard that he sells magical books and the like, but I admit it wasn't very descriptive I'm afraid." The desk asks, before considering something.

"Actually, if you don't mind, I think you could perhaps help us as well. I'm looking for three of my friends, an odd sort admittedly so you'd probably know them if you saw them. I heard that they were going to a bookstore, but that was a while ago so I fear something might of happened to them. Two of them are very, ah, colorful, with a mild similarity to my finish." Morton gestured to his colorful finish on his body, before continuing, "The third, however, is entirely composed of chairs."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: October 29, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott tries to check the sails with his rather inconsiderable nautical knowledge. He concludes that they do not have holes in them and are shaped like one would expect sails to look like, and thus they can be confidently placed into the admittedly broad category of "good enough". With that decided, he climbs the main mast, finding that there's a pretty good view of the docks up in the crow's nest.

He spends a moment up there in the calming heights, feeling all rugged and sailor-like for a moment, ready for marine adventures the likes of which the world has never seen.

If only these schmucks would get it together so they can all go already!

Sigmund and Kevin, meanwhile, interview Justine to pursue their coldest lead yet, the dreadful rat bastard who stole their money through insidious fraud.

"He went to this one bar often, apparently. What was the name again, Sigmund?"

"The Ulubelle, I think. The guy was supposedly called Rat-Bastard Gilroy, or something like that. Or at least that was what the barkeep at the Feisty Jelly told us. That despicable piece of scum was red-haired and short, I think."

Justine considers this information.

"Still not as specific as I would like, but what the heck, I'll give it a shot."

She closes her one eye, makes a face, then opens it again.

"Something's not right. I think your information might be a bit faulty. Not that this is entirely surprising."

In Helsvar's village...

Niklas wanders off in search of adventure. Or help, whichever comes first. He eventually finds someone, a man wearing metal armor that seems to shift. The man is currently busy inhaling multicolored smoke from an unfamiliar device. He does look quite magical, though.

Underneath Wallyn's store...

Morton, not having reason to believe there might be harm in it, keeps on asking questions, which under normal circumstances would be a dangerous thing to do in an alley like this.

"Can you tell me about Wallyn's store? I've heard that he sells magical books and the like, but I admit it wasn't very descriptive, I'm afraid."

"Spellbooks, actually. The one stop for all your spellbook needs, no other store like it in at least a hundred miles from here! He even takes orders, you see, though he doesn't do proxy attunement, whatever that means. I wouldn't know the specifics of the trade, sorry. Anything else I can help with, though?"

"Actually, if you don't mind, I think you could perhaps help us as well. I'm looking for three of my friends, an odd sort, admittedly, so you'd probably know them if you saw them. I heard that they were going to a bookstore, but that was a while ago so I fear something might of happened to them. Two of them are very, ah, colorful, with a mild similarity to my finish. The third, however, is entirely composed of chairs."

"Yep, I'd certainly remember them if they strode in here. I don't, so they probably didn't."

At this point, a door opens at the far end of a nearby hall, and out strolls a middle-aged, balding man with a smug-looking, flushed face and a rather long ponytail, adjusting his robe carefully. He seems to be emitting a particular glow - not a magical one, fortunately. He comes up to the visitors.

"Hello! Who might these people be?"

The woman turns to him, smiling.

"Oh, they're here looking for your store. I told them you were busy at the moment, and they agreed to wait. Not too long, though."

"Excellent. So, what do you seek here, my... friends? A particular spell, some other thing?" he asks, looking doubtfully at Morton.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: October 29, 2013, 05:41:13 pm »

-Hmm, there are a lot of scamers in the city, so I'm not surprised either. Well, let's use the reliable information that we have, the one the we saw ourselves.

Describe the man.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: October 29, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »

"Actually, I was just hoping to ask you a question, Sir Wallyn. Three friends of mine informed me that they were heading to a bookstore, but that was quite a while ago, much longer than what it should of taken; I'm quite frankly a little worried about them. The other bookstore seemed to have had something absolutely dreadful happen there, and I'm rather hoping that they didn't head there and avoided whatever did happen, so I'm hoping that you have perhaps seen them. Two of them are rather colorful fellows, quite literally you see, and the last is made out of chairs, the last I saw of him." Morton explained to the bookstore owner.

This isn't as bad as he thought it would be. A little... Dirtier, figuratively, than he was used to, but nicer than he expected.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: October 30, 2013, 12:59:19 am »

Niklas approaches the man.

You, froop*! Are you a mage, wizard, or transmuter by any chance?

*froop: unknown but presumably badass person
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: October 30, 2013, 01:13:57 am »

-Hmm, there are a lot of scamers in the city, so I'm not surprised either. Well, let's use the reliable information that we have, the one the we saw ourselves.

Describe the man.

You don't recall much other than the fact that he was red-haired, short and gave off the impression of being far more competent than he likely was. You're not good with faces, you see.

"Actually, I was just hoping to ask you a question, Sir Wallyn. Three friends of mine informed me that they were heading to a bookstore, but that was quite a while ago, much longer than what it should of taken; I'm quite frankly a little worried about them. The other bookstore seemed to have had something absolutely dreadful happen there, and I'm rather hoping that they didn't head there and avoided whatever did happen, so I'm hoping that you have perhaps seen them. Two of them are rather colorful fellows, quite literally you see, and the last is made out of chairs, the last I saw of him." Morton explained to the bookstore owner.

This isn't as bad as he thought it would be. A little... Dirtier, figuratively, than he was used to, but nicer than he expected.

"Haven't seen anyone like that, though I did hear that somebody made out of chairs got melted down in the street. Altercation with the guards, I believe - they had to bring in their mages to deal with it. Glassed a sizable patch of the street in the process, I believe - haven't seen for myself yet, but seems consistent with what I know of the heating guy."

Art looks a bit put off by these news.

You, froop*! Are you a mage, wizard, or transmuter by any chance?

"Yes," the man answers in a weak, crackly voice, blowing smoke out of his nostrils.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: October 30, 2013, 01:16:35 am »

Good! As you can see, right now I'm a pile of something. I don't even know how I'm talking right now, honestly. Anyway, would you mind giving me a body I can be proud of as a Viking? I'm an incredible chef, so I can make it up to you, and you won't even lose any body parts in the cooking process!
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: October 30, 2013, 06:23:40 am »

-Hey Kevin, do you remember how was he?
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 719