Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542924 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7560 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:42 am »

Sigmund wondered what "minor" pell he could try to cast. Hmm, it had to be something that couldn't directly hurt him. But he was undead! There were now many things that could have hurt him in life and now couldn't. He suddenly got an idea. What about air? He didn't need it to live and air on it's own couldn't do many things. Or at least in a small amount. But what could he do with air? What simple thing could be done with air?

He thought for a bit and grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote: "Displace air" in it.

Yeah, that was simple enough.

He then went to the cargo hold, were nobody would be able to bother him, and he wouldn't bother anybody else.

He then put the piece of paper over a box (or barrel), and sitted over another and tried to concentrate on what he was going to do.

((To make it short:
Actions:
>Write "Displace air" in a sheet of paper
>Go to the cargo hold.
>Prepare to make the focus, concentrate, and things like that
))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: November 01, 2013, 07:28:15 am »

"Captain, get your spectoral hands on deck, we have filthy landlubbers eyeing your ship like drunks on a barmaid!" *up to 11*
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: November 01, 2013, 10:45:00 pm »

Morton watched the slag of metal for a while from a safe distance. "Mage Art, I'm not sure if this is something that can be done, but can you sense if Chef Niklas is... There? Even if you can, I know that the chances are probably slim, and I'm not sure what we could exactly do if we did indeed find him to still be alive..." The desk trailed off, losing his train of thought. He doesn't exactly sound hopeful.

"...I suppose this would be how Chef Niklas would of wanted to go. I know little about him, having only known him for his cooking, but I know he must of led a colorful life; hopefully one that left people happier than not."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:48:28 am by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: November 01, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

NUTS

Collect nuts!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: November 02, 2013, 04:20:10 am »

"Could you divine how long it's gonna take the smith working on Mark to finish?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: November 02, 2013, 06:52:12 am »

On the Second Shank...

Sigmund tries to think of something simple enough to use as his practice spell. Within moments, he's got it - he shall try to displace air! He writes the phrase "Displace air" on a piece of paper, then heads down into the cargo hold, prepared to experience interesting things. Within the cargo hold, he finds the Captain, who appears to be conversing with a wall.

"Oh, I'm SURE we can PULL IT OFF, OH YES! It will simply TAKE A BIT OF EFFORT, REALLY!"

Sigmund wonders what that might be all about for a moment when his thoughts are interrupted by Scott's voice, not unlike the scream of a crow, albeit much louder, yet still as unpleasant as usual.

"CAPTAIN, GET YOUR SPECTORAL HANDS ON DECK, WE HAVE FILTHY LANDLUBBERS EYING YOUR SHIP LIKE DRUNKS ON A BARMAID!"

The Captain turns from the wall.

"Oh DEAR! HOW TERRIBLE!"

He then floats off, paying Sigmund no mind. The shouting stops after a minute or so, at which point Sigmund tries to concentrate. He gets himself all worked up within minutes. He's feeling it, that's for sure.

In the meantime, Scott stands around yelling until the Captain arrives, which he does quite soon. This is good, because Scott fears his voice would have give out altogether given but a minute more of the dreadful noise.

"AH! THERE you are, SEA APE! WHERE are these LAND-LUBBERS or WHATEVER that you seem so WORKED UP ABOUT?"

On the deck of the ship, Kevin, having been left alone, asks Justine a question.

"Could you divine how long it's gonna take the smith working on Mark to finish?"

"Given that you're asking and that I have very little clue what you're talking about, probably not. But a rough estimate? About half a day, maybe more. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?"

At what is presumably Niklas' current resting place...

Morton asks Art if he can help in any way.

"Mage Art, I'm not sure if this is something that can be done, but can you sense if Chef Niklas is... there? Even if you can, I know that the chances are probably slim, and I'm not sure what we could exactly do if we did indeed find him to still be alive..." he says to him.

"Sure," he says, looking to be deep in thought in a moment.

"...I suppose this would be how Chef Niklas would've wanted to go. I know little about him, having only known him for his cooking, but I know he must've led a colorful life; hopefully one that left people happier than not."

"Well, I wouldn't know - I'm not very well-versed in whatever weird culture he comes from. He's also not very dead at all, it seems. Soul's still in there, and it's definitely his, seems quite agitated. Strangely, he seems a bit... happy, I guess?"

At the Great Old One, the biggest tree of Helsvar's village...

Niklas has but one thing on his squirrely mind.

"NUTS."

He proceeds to climb up the tree and go on an acorn looting spree, finding that there are far more than he can carry up there - far more than he can even stuff in his amazing cheeks! He's got it made! He's as rich as a squirrel can-

"I SAY, YOU THERE!" comes a voice from nearby. Niklas looks to see who it is, and sees that it seems to be another squirrel. Not bigger than him, but not much smaller, either. "What in the name of the Nut Gods do you think you're doing in my tree?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: November 02, 2013, 08:57:26 am »

Point the evil fiends out for the captain.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: November 02, 2013, 10:04:47 am »

Make that paper into a focus.

((I wonder if written foci are also able to do magic related to what they are written in. I mean, most mages maybe would be able to do book magic.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: November 02, 2013, 10:26:26 am »

"Good enough for me."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: November 02, 2013, 11:50:01 am »

Isn't it obvious? I'm pilfering all the nuts in order to achieve the true state of Squirrel. Who're you?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: November 02, 2013, 12:08:18 pm »

Isn't it obvious? I'm pilfering all the nuts in order to achieve the true state of Squirrel. Who're you?

"I'm the Master of the Nut Temple, and I represent the Nut Gods in saying that those who have not been inducted have no goddamn business stealing the goddamn acorns from the goddamn Sacred Tree!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: November 02, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »

Can't a man steal someone's livelihood without being accused of heresy anymore?
Also my nuts.

Continue stealing nuts.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: November 02, 2013, 12:20:37 pm »

Can't a man steal someone's livelihood without being accused of heresy anymore?
Also my nuts.

Continue stealing nuts.

"Fair warning, you goddamn pilfering son of a crab louse, I can and will call down the power of the Nut Gods to fry your dumb ass if you don't desist immediately."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: November 02, 2013, 12:29:52 pm »

And what if the Nut Gods find me more favorable than you? I am worshiping them by collecting the nuts, while you're yelling at me.
Blasphemer.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: November 02, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »

And what if the Nut Gods find me more favorable than you? I am worshiping them by collecting the nuts, while you're yelling at me.
Blasphemer.

"Luckily for me, the Nut Gods find pilferers of other squirrels' nuts to be complete assholes deserving of smiting, and thus I'm in the clear, while you are not."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:45:13 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 719