Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542647 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7740 on: November 18, 2013, 05:01:20 am »

((Ohgodwat))

I know not! How would I know if I were the Chosen Rodent?

((If this is really Niklas' subconscious like I think it is, I wonder what other terrible horrors are hidden within?))

The spruce man's solid black, insect-like eyes blink at you.

"Are you at the center of any particular prophecy? Perhaps a blind oracle pointed you out when you were but a youngling and started frothing at the mouth? Do you have any peculiar artifacts you know not the significance of and yet were pressured by your friends and/or family to keep at some point, with additional points awarded if it is claimed to be your mystical birthright?"

-Oh, yes, Master! There was the rule about how every soul leaves it's vessel after death, the rule about how souls can't alter the reality through will, and an unbeliabably huge list of souls, which was pretty dull in its content. I modified the rule about my own soul in the set of rules in the paper so that it allowed me to influence reality through whatever was written in the paper.

"Ah, yes. That explains it. See, you're not supposed to be able to see that. Pretty interesting that you can, though. Didn't think that could happen, really. Most people just do it blindly, like Justine here."

"Wait, you mean he actually uncovered some kind of underlying principle of magic?"

"Sort of, yes. It's difficult to properly explain, really, so I think I won't. Privileged information and all that."

Scott will point to his head and put on a sardonic expression.

"Walruses perhaps eat infinite cubes, ghostie."

She regards you blankly, her eyes wandering over your ruined scalp and brain.

"I see. I believe I can help."

She produces a wicked-looking knife from her sleeve, tapping it against Scott's head.

"Step into my room, please. It is right over there," she explains, pointing to a nearby door.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:32:41 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: November 18, 2013, 05:07:33 am »

Well, I do have a tragic backstory that gives me a revenge based motivation. See, it all started like this...

Relay backstory to treeman.

I'm also obsessed with cooking, knives, and implements of butchery if that means anything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: November 18, 2013, 05:34:39 am »

Well, I do have a tragic backstory that gives me a revenge based motivation. See, it all started like this...

Relay backstory to treeman.

I'm also obsessed with cooking, knives, and implements of butchery if that means anything.

"You do not sound very chosen. More of a victim of circumstance and probably a lunatic as well. Hm. Perhaps you know of other, more chosen rodents in the area?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: November 18, 2013, 05:37:27 am »

((Ok, I figured metaphysical principles just by will. I have to put it to good use somehow))

-Privileges? Now I remember, the explaination on every soul clause just said that there are no privileges on most of them, excluding those who the focus is attuned to. What circumstances have given you, Master, those privileges?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: November 18, 2013, 05:39:09 am »

No.
How would one become Chosen?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: November 18, 2013, 05:43:21 am »

((Ok, I figured metaphysical principles just by will. I have to put it to good use somehow))

-Privileges? Now I remember, the explaination on every soul clause just said that there are no privileges on most of them, excluding those who the focus is attuned to. What circumstances have given you, Master, those privileges?

"Being a sort-of-demon, mostly."

No.
How would one become Chosen?

"Somebody has to choose you, obviously. Probably a rodent of much higher standing and wisdom."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: November 18, 2013, 05:49:38 am »

Oh.
Choose how?
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: November 18, 2013, 05:55:08 am »

-Right, I see, Master.

He seems uncomfortable for some seconds, then speaks up again, trying to break the uncomfortable silence:

-Do you happen to know where is Art? I have found something that may be of his interest.

[I don't know if Art is still on the deck, but this will be hilarious anyway]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: November 18, 2013, 09:58:16 am »

((GODDAMMIT TOMCOST READ HIS SOUL'S RULES. WE MUST KNOW!))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: November 18, 2013, 10:47:05 am »

Oh.
Choose how?

"Well, you know how it is. Single you out, say that you're special, be all mystical about it. Generally attach importance to you that stretches beyond what is normally your station, that sort of thing."

-Right, I see, Master.

He seems uncomfortable for some seconds, then speaks up again, trying to break the uncomfortable silence:

-Do you happen to know where is Art? I have found something that may be of his interest.

[I don't know if Art is still on the deck, but this will be hilarious anyway]

"Not really, no. He went off someplace after Justine was mean to him."

"Not undeservedly, I might add."

"Mostly undeservedly, actually. Justine likes being mean to people, it seems."

"Only the ones I dislike, actually."

"Most people you know, then."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »

((Okay, okay, I will see what happens...))

-Hmm, I think that I will just wait some time here, then.

Retreat and lean against a wall, then read the Artiste's knot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »

Only guy that could do that for me is that nut priest, but he hates me, so I can't. That's disappointing.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: November 19, 2013, 10:47:14 am »

At the site of Niklas' melting...

Morton offers words of support to Erin, knowing that negative reinforcement would be silly to try.

"I'm sure it's alright, good mage Erin, the shape he was in prior was too large to fit in the pot anyhow. Whenever you're ready."

"Um, yeah. I hope, anyway."

Erin tries once more, looking over at the now-lesser pile of spherical slag. The slag becomes roughly spherical once more. She then points her finger at the scar on the ground, at which point a small ramp forms from the ground, causing the white-hot chef sphere roll toward Morton and Kevin, the air rippling around it as it slowly approaches. Morton can't help but wonder if that thing is safe to keep in a pot.

In Gunther Gunnarson's workshop...

Mark, currently in the middle of regretting his inability to nap, reflects on the fact that his sixth joint has finally been attached. Two more to go. This guy sure is taking his sweet time. He went to have some tea a little while back, actually.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, after briefly excusing himself, tries to examine the Artiste's knot. He hasn't really examined a living being's knot before, but there do seem to be standard "no fun", "no magic" and "no knot manipulation" knots, a knot specifying the soul housed within and the conditions of its departure and a knot that specifies "access", whatever that means.

"I would really appreciate if you did not mess with those," the Artiste suddenly notes. "Have to uphold a certain balance, you see." Justine looks at him doubtfully, but he just waves off her curiosity.

In Helsvar's village...

Niklas informs the spruce man of the improbability that he will ever be chosen for anything.

"Only guy that could do that for me is that nut priest, but he hates me, so I can't. That's disappointing."

"A nut priest, you say? Perhaps he might be chosen, do you think? After all, one does not simply become a disciple of the unhallowed Nut Gods simply because they like the benefits. At least, not commonly."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:07:45 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: November 19, 2013, 10:59:49 am »

No, he definitively wasn't a main character.

Niklas wonders briefly why he referred to the nut priest in reference to whether he was a main character. They weren't in a story, after all.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: November 19, 2013, 11:05:10 am »

No, he definitively wasn't a main character.

Niklas wonders briefly why he referred to the nut priest in reference to whether he was a main character. They weren't in a story, after all.

"How terrible. Any other rodents you know of in the area?"
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 719