Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542754 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7755 on: November 19, 2013, 11:09:00 am »

Enter the room

((gonna die gonna die...))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: November 19, 2013, 11:09:52 am »

-I won't, Master, I was just feeding my curiousity. It appears that your soul will leave your body if you happen to die, Master. So you are pretty much subject to the rules of mortals, it seems. Or, more appropiately, the rules that the universe has set for mortals. I'm afraid that this creates more doubts for me, as I can't concieve why would a being like you willingly choose to be subject to those rules.

Enter the room

((gonna die gonna die...))
((Nah, unless she rolls a one, she is the medic of the group))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: November 19, 2013, 11:16:35 am »

Nope.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: November 19, 2013, 11:32:17 am »

-I won't, Master, I was just feeding my curiousity. It appears that your soul will leave your body if you happen to die, Master. So you are pretty much subject to the rules of mortals, it seems. Or, more appropiately, the rules that the universe has set for mortals. I'm afraid that this creates more doubts for me, as I can't concieve why would a being like you willingly choose to be subject to those rules.

"Oh no, that's not my soul. I don't have one of those, you see. That's the soul of the schmuck whose body I'm inhabiting. The bugger never saw it coming. They never do - both times I've tried this it's worked like a charm."

Nope.

"Perhaps you'd like to help me look for some? There would be some spruce cones in it for you. Your sense of smell should be better than mine, at any rate."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:10:11 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: November 19, 2013, 11:40:46 am »

-So, you are not subject to the laws that we are subject to, but only your body is. Well, that's interesting.

He then looks at the deck to see if Art is near, and as he isn't, he will say:

-I think that, as it appears that Art isn't coming anytime soon, I should go look around to find him.

Go look for Art.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: November 19, 2013, 12:04:27 pm »

Sure why not.

Chosen one hunting!
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: November 19, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »

((Both times. That means that The Artiste first came from wherever he came from when he got into... James's body? Dunno who it was.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: November 19, 2013, 02:03:32 pm »

((Yeah, the beaversnailgoat.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: November 19, 2013, 02:19:15 pm »

((I didn't get the beaversnailgoat joke back when I first read this, and I still don't. Mainly because it has been used as a verb.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: November 19, 2013, 02:24:07 pm »

Kevin steps out of the way to let Morton catch the ball in the pot. Hopefully.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: November 19, 2013, 10:49:55 pm »

I'm sure it'll go fine... Morton thought encouragingly to himself as he watched the molten ball of slag roll towards him. The desk will attempt to move to where the ball won't collide with him, and adjust the pot in its path so as that it would roll inside of it.

If successful, the desk will quickly right the pot and set it down on the ground. He'll observe the slag and pot for a while to see if the pot melts or is too intense of a heat to handle. If it's not the case, he'll attempt to, slowly, lifte the pot.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: November 20, 2013, 10:06:50 am »

Outside Evelyn's room...

Scott decides to comply wordlessly with the lady's words, and steps inside her room. It's a rather neat place, with a nicely made bed and a solitary chair. Scott could possibly appreciate it more under less dangerous circumstances, of course, but he supposes a person who's neat enough in their habits would be the one you let poke around your brain.

Evelyn seats him without a word, then starts to quickly work at his brain, taking out small pieces of it along with any skull shards that may have been in there. Soon enough a good chunk of Scott's brain is removed and placed on a nearby plate - Scott isn't sure he likes the implications of that. After a while, she is done, and Scott's skull feels quite a bit lighter.

"And that is that, I suppose. Very little else I can do. Very interesting to cut up a brain, though. I have never done that before. I wonder if your mental functions will return in time. No better chance to find out. Stay here."

Now it all falls into place. That's why Scott can't see anything anymore.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, hoping to find Art, goes hunting around the ship. However, he (she?) is nowhere to be seen. Definitely not in the cargo hold, at least. Or the den, kitchen or corridors.

In Helsvar's village...

Niklas agrees with the spruce man's proposal, and together they go forth and seek the Chosen Rodent. They find no such thing, it has to be said. Niklas can't smell hide nor tail of any squirrel nearby - even the Great Old One seems to have disappeared someplace.

"How very suspicious this is. I was told the Chosen Rodent was here. Had a vision and everything."

At the site of Niklas' melting...

Morton, after Kevin rolls off him and plummets to the cobbled ground with an embarrassing thwack, catches the slowly rolling ball of Niklas in his pot. The parts of the pot that touch the sphere soon begin to glow red, then white. And the heat the whole thing radiates is quite intimidating.

A few moments later, he isn't quite sure if the pot is melting or not - its shape has changed a little, but he doesn't know it won't just fall apart if he lifts it. That is, if he can lift it at all and his arms won't combust upon contact with the thing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: November 20, 2013, 12:19:33 pm »

"Uh... I could try feeling it. I'm probably fire-proof."
Try to touch the pot as carefully as possible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: November 20, 2013, 01:06:42 pm »

"If it feels too dangerous, I heavily suggest caution and restraint, good jester Kevin. Morton warned the broken man who had rolled off of him.

He pondered for a while, before addressing Erin with an idea. "Good mage Erin, can you perhaps form a non-flammable liquid above the pot? Water, or salt water perhaps? That may cool it down rapidly, possibly enough to at least carry Chef Niklas to the ship."
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 719