Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540866 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7815 on: November 23, 2013, 11:14:54 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott quickly checks if he still has that hammer on him. He does. This is pleasing and altogether wonderful news. Now to seek out the Artiste. He goes down to his demonic overlord's quarters, where he finds the Artiste, currently quite distracted by what looks like the sweetest nap.

He could try to wake him up, but, then again, the last time he tried that he was ordered to take a plunge off a ramp. Whether that is likely to stop him this time remains to be seen.

Morton and Kevin, blissfully unacknowledged by Scott, try to get things back on track. Well, Morton does, at any rate.

"Good mage Erin, let us move on and deal with chef Niklas please," he says to Erin, hoping to distract her from Justine's general irritability. He upends the teapot, causing the melted husk of Niklas come tumbling out.

"Right, yeah."

"What should we make chef Niklas into? A chair might be an option as before, it seems he grew rather used to it. Along with some other interesting measures, for sure."

"I guess a chair works? Maybe give it legs that work properly, that sorta thing. And something to hear with, maybe."

She considers the chef-husk a moment. She then raises her arms.

"'Kay, let's do this."

[Erin's magic roll: 6]

The ball of tungsten bubbles and twists, and then flattens, several pseudopodium-like bits jutting out of it, branching and interconnecting in moments, forming a respectable quartet of legs and a fairly nice mesh-like back. He looks pretty slim and flexible for a chair, particularly with all the hinges that seem to have appeared on it.

"Question is, how do we do the eyes? I'm not really sure how I did them the first time, I kinda let it go on autopilot. Not sure if that's such a-"

"Oh, I'm sure it's a perfect idea. After all, what terrible things have ever come to pass from magic running wild? None that I can think of, that's for sure."

"Oh, screw you. I'm gonna do it outta spite now."

Erin raises her hands and points them at the chair, looking rather knowing for a moment.

[Erin's magic roll: 5-1]

It lasts for a moment, after which she just looks relaxed and a little confused as a pair of eye-looking things form on the chair's back. They blink wildly at the people present, though it doesn't look like they're actually seeing anything, as the chair just twitches oddly.

"You see! Perfect."

"Bet you can't do his brain as well."

"You're on!"

[Erin's magic roll: 4-1]

A slight bulge forms where the chair's seat should be after Erin does an expressive hand wave at it.

"Is that it?"

"Shut up, it's not ready yet!"

Erin starts to furiously gesture at the chair, but nothing else happens.

"Gods damn it all, work already!"

"You know something, I suppose that was it."

"Shut it!"

Erin looks a bit angry now.

Niklas, meanwhile, is a little confused. He feels like he can move something he couldn't before as he regards the spruce man. Also, everything looks a little foggy now.

In Art's room...

Sigmund, having said his bit and ascertained more facts, leaves all the richer from his encounter with Art, the Captain waving to him as he leaves. The two then resume their conversation, with the Captain's mixed shouting audible from all around the hall. Sigmund then seeks out the Artiste. Luckily, as Scott has left the door open, he finds said demonic overlord easily, being overseen by said de-brained minion as he sleeps.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: November 23, 2013, 11:26:06 am »

Shrug and go to the deck.

Upon seeing the people there with a chair, Sigmund said:

-So, I guess that that chair is Niklas, right?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: November 23, 2013, 11:43:09 am »

"This guy's enslaved too, you know. You probably shouldn't be trying to get him killed."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: November 23, 2013, 12:11:46 pm »

"This guy's enslaved too, you know. You probably shouldn't be trying to get him killed."

"That is true, yes. Hm."

Justine thinks for a moment.

"Very well, Erin. You may proceed at your own pace. Don't let me rush you or anything."

Erin simply mutters something presumably not very good in response.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: November 23, 2013, 12:31:05 pm »

-Hey, Kevin, aren't you assaulted by curiosity about what made you fly out of that window when we were at the bookshop? I guess that you want to find it out, and you can do it right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:36 pm »

"I guess. It was probably just mages or something. How would I find out, tough? I'm currently completely crippled."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: November 23, 2013, 01:18:53 pm »

Sigmund facepalmed with his only arm. Then turned to Justine:

-Could you illuminate my friend, who happens to have forgotten that you are a competent diviner? He flew out of a window last night, when we futilely tried to rob a bookstore called Brenwicke's Books. We already presume that it was caused by a mage, we just want more information on the subject.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: November 23, 2013, 01:27:08 pm »

"Oh, right. Not exactly sure wether I want to know now... But let's try anyway."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: November 23, 2013, 01:30:26 pm »

Sigmund facepalmed with his only arm. Then turned to Justine:

-Could you illuminate my friend, who happens to have forgotten that you are a competent diviner? He flew out of a window last night, when we futilely tried to rob a bookstore called Brenwicke's Books. We already presume that it was caused by a mage, we just want more information on the subject.
"Oh, right. Not exactly sure wether I want to know now... But let's try anyway."

"Of course. Every glimpse into your sordid past is, at least to me, quite educational, to be perfectly honest. And most amusing. You sure can take a lot of abuse. Judging from the vibes I am getting, demons were involved in the magic that was used against you."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: November 23, 2013, 01:35:10 pm »

-Demons? That's something I didn't expect that from the mages working for the guards. I don't even know if demonology works that way. Isn't it all about making circles in he floor and contacting demons?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: November 23, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »

Attempt to focus my vision. FOCUS!!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: November 23, 2013, 06:20:40 pm »

"Circles and contacting demons is simply a part of it, an important part none-the-less, but simply a part of the whole. It could be entirely possible that the guard has struck a bargain with a demon so as to render it available at their disposal for aid, or to perhaps empower one of their number. It might not of been overly difficult, depending on the demon in question or the bargainer." Morton tried to answer Sigmund's question.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: November 23, 2013, 06:27:35 pm »

-Nice to see you again Morton. I suppose that Kevin already told you about our unfortunate incident at the bookstore. It was going pretty smoothly, until Niklas decided that the best way of opening a solid steel door was to punch it. And he didn't make things better after making sandwiches out of the guards that tried to stop us. Well, at least he is not dead, but I'm afraid that it will not last much if he keeps having that murderous attitude. I see that you have been reading through that, I've been getting into magic too, I managed to make a focus in your absence.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: November 23, 2013, 06:41:30 pm »

"Always a pleasure to see you again as well, good sir Sigmund. Hm... I had been, ah, told portions of what happened, mostly that things went rather poorly. He made sandwiches out of them you say? ...Oh dear." Morton knew that Niklas was a touch unstable, but making sandwiches out of dead guards?

"Yes, we've managed to retrieve him and good mage Erin is in the process of giving him his form and senses back, thank you again for your help in that regard." The desk gave a desk-bow with the accompanying sweeping gesture, open palm on one of his drawers as his front end tipped in her direction. "I have indeed been getting familiar with the book, it is quite a fascinating read although I don't believe it's all yet sunk in. Review would probably do me well, it isn't a simple subject after all. I'm afraid I'll have to say I'm not overly familiar with what a focus is, is it similar to the staffs mages are often regarded as having in stories? A channel or some sort?"
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 719