Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542727 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7845 on: November 24, 2013, 02:58:27 pm »

"What in the world...?" Morton looked at the glittering pumpkin with curiosity, then stood stock still.

"Good jester Kevin, were we followed?"
The desk takes a cautionary step backwards.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: November 24, 2013, 03:10:39 pm »

Unfortunately no.

Niklas sees the people being distracted by something! Now's obviously his chance for escape!

FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

Squeak away like a chair William Wallace but not really! Try not to fall over while doing so.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: November 24, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »

(( I want Sigmund to exclaim something like "for [Insert godess of order here] sake", but I don't remember which one was. Would someone clarify my doubt?))

Almiria - order.
Narcillicus - beauty, artifice, art.
Rysinia - war, logic, engineering.
Pacitarius - life, the wilderness, agriculture.
Velusius - death, magic.

For future reference, as this is something all characters would ostensibly know.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:05:17 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: November 24, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »

-Oh, for Almiria's sake, Niklas, what have you done to yo- He then noticed the glittering pumpkin- Damn, damn, damn!

Get at like 15 meters away from the pumpkin.

He then said from a distance:

-Each single time where we have dealt with magic from someone who doesn't belong to our group hasn't ended well. And the fact that it is glittering doesn't help. Yeah, it is going to explode at any moment, I know.

((I genuinely think that it will explode))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: November 24, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »

"Talking of shell changes, I have learnt today I neither need a brain to think or eyes to see, due to the magic and spiritual natures of undeath. It's all based on the belief and will of the occupant of the shell. I am curious if it can work in a similiar way for strong magically inclined living beings. Are eiter of you able to offer any insight?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: November 24, 2013, 06:29:08 pm »

The desk takes a few more--purely cautionary mind you, not at all because of fear--steps backwards at what Sigmund said. "O-oh dear, maybe its... Maybe its nice and peaceful? Just curious about our ship perhaps?" He really did try to sound optimistic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:51 am »

"RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIVEEESSSS"
Run to the cargo hold, hide.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:59:20 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nunzillor

« Reply #7852 on: November 26, 2013, 02:24:47 am »

Twist its metaphysical knots!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: November 26, 2013, 02:41:57 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

The arrival of the pumpkin slightly changes the dynamic on deck - a feeling of unease settles on the people assembled.

"What the fuck is that?" asks Kevin, sliding off Morton and slowly edging toward the thing.

"What in the world...? Good jester Kevin, were we followed?" Morton asks, looking curiously at the four-legged pumpkin.

Niklas, meanwhile, feels that this lull in people wantonly altering him for fun and profit offers him several good chances, chief among which is the chance to escape! He emits a bewildering squeak as he starts to gallop off the ship, and has left the ship within half a minute.

"What a highly interesting group of individuals. Do you know any of them?"

Back in more distressing circumstances, Sigmund begins to slowly, but surely flip out.

"Oh, for Almiria's sake, Niklas, what have you done to yo-" he begins, but then Niklas runs away, causing Sigmund to finally pay attention to what Kevin was indicating. "Damn, damn, damn!"

Luckily, he knows how to deal with these things - run away! After a splendid bit of retreat, he shouts back to the gathered individuals.

"Each single time where we have dealt with magic from someone who doesn't belong to our group hasn't ended well. And the fact that it is glittering doesn't help. Yeah, it is going to explode at any moment, I know," he explains loudly. The pumpkin turns to Sigmund. How it does that is difficult to explain, but you can definitely see it. Morton takes a few cautionary desk-steps back.

"O-oh dear, maybe its... Maybe its nice and peaceful? Just curious about our ship perhaps?"

Kevin finds it unlikely, that much is plain.

"RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIVEEESSSS!" he shouts, rolling toward the stairs rapidly and tumbling down in a noisy fashion. The rolling sounds continue for a while, but then fade as the jester grows too distant to hear.

The pumpkin looks distinctly unimpressed. It taps one leg against the deck, making an impatient-sounding noise.

"It looks familiar to me for some reason. Like I've seen it before."

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna trust the bomb guy over ya on this. Better chance o' survival that way. To the cargo hold!" Erin says, also vacating the premises.

In Art's room...

Scott interjects into the gentlemanly conversation.

"Talking of shell changes, I have learnt today I neither need a brain to think or eyes to see, due to the magic and spiritual natures of undeath. It's all based on the belief and will of the occupant of the shell. I am curious if it can work in a similar way for strong magically inclined living beings. Are either of you able to offer any insight?"

Art turns to Scott. He looks quite happy, as if he has been waiting for somebody to ask him this very question.

"Ah! Glad you asked! I actually did a thesis back in UM on this. Pretty interesting stuff. See, the thing about it is, the soul is a very cool thing. It keeps information in store, pretty much. Who you are, what you did, what your life was like, that sort of thing. Usually, you wouldn't be able to tell or anything, as normal people have their souls tied to their vital processes. But it's when you start studying the undead or other constructs, that's when stuff gets real interesting. Take a skeleton, for instance. They haven't got ears, eyes or even skin, but they can hear, see and feel pretty much as well as a human being can, if not sometimes better. This doesn't always work, and sometimes they can only smell, but can't see or hear, which is rare, or they can only see and not hear - it all depends on the soul you put in there. I tested this with a whole bunch of souls in one skeletal host - it was totally awesome, by the way. Had to do chants all the time to pull it off, but I digress. Anyhow, the soul can fill in certain physical blanks under certain circumstances. Some can do it better, some can do it worse. For instance, a deaf guy's soul put in a skeleton will probably give you a deaf skeleton from what I could see, same principle applies to a blind guy's soul. Even if it's the same skeleton they're put inside of! Cool, huh?"

Art looks like he's about to continue, but something rolls past the door, distracting him for a moment. Immediately afterwards, there are footsteps that pass by as well.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: November 26, 2013, 02:44:12 am »

Wait, shit. I need them to get me hearing again.
I wonder if my powers still work.

Clatter about in search of chairs!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: November 26, 2013, 03:31:25 am »

Can you teach me how to manipulate souls? It seems to be interesting work. Plus I;d be able to force my husband back into being.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: November 26, 2013, 06:59:40 am »

Sigmund shouted to Justine:

-Hey, Justine, you are inmaterial, right? Why don't you deal with that thing while we physical beings hide just in case?

Slowly and non-aggresively back away to the cargo hold

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:22 am »

Hide.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: November 26, 2013, 02:31:40 pm »

Can you teach me how to manipulate souls? It seems to be interesting work. Plus I;d be able to force my husband back into being.

"Well, that's a lot more practical. Manipulating your own soul is commonly known as 'willpower', and that you either have or you don't. Manipulating other souls needs a focus, and that's a whole other matter entirely."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: November 26, 2013, 05:10:50 pm »

Are you able to talk me through it?

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 719