Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542795 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7905 on: December 03, 2013, 06:50:25 pm »

"Preventing death, huh? I could have used that. So, is it supposed to have any sort of guardian, or should I just be careful about everything else here that's trying to kill me?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: December 03, 2013, 06:55:32 pm »

Sigmund will write in his paper:

-Blast air in the direction the user's index figer is pointing at.

Then he will try his new spell pointing at the sea, from the deck.

Nunzillor

« Reply #7907 on: December 03, 2013, 08:27:01 pm »

((Which hand?  Or maybe it's not that picky.

Edit: also of course there is force, duration, and area of effect.  But again it could be unimportant.))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:09:21 pm by Nunzillor »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: December 04, 2013, 02:55:59 am »

Wrap the tea leaves in smallbags of sail cloth and put one in each mug.Scott then proposes to pour on hot water with milk following after two to three minutes.   
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:04 pm »

"Preventing death, huh? I could have used that. So, is it supposed to have any sort of guardian, or should I just be careful about everything else here that's trying to kill me?"

"Oh, plenty of guardians. A whole lot. About twenty or so. And by guardians I mean people who live in the tomb. They're a private lot. Mostly keep to themselves. They also really do not like strangers. At all. Quite inhospitable in that regard, though you can't really blame them. They're a little loopy from all the isolation and whatnot."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: December 04, 2013, 04:04:19 pm »

"How do the chances that I just float by look? They have magic?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: December 05, 2013, 12:39:15 am »

I shall do, how is being a desk nowadaysif I may ask?

"Quite splendid, by all accounts, one can be surprised how handy having a surface to work with can be. I may be beset by some difficulties due to my form, such as height or movement, but I believe I can overcome them simply enough with a touch of persistence and determination. I try to keep myself well cleaned though, it isn't to do with being dirty after all.

...I'm probably due for a touch up. I mean no offense to good jester Kevin, but I've not the faintest what he might of been rolling in when I sat him atop me."

The conversation took his mind off of his most-likely-ruined tea pot, inspecting it closer to see if it is even possible to perhaps salvage it.

"Hm... This pot as served me well over the length I've known it, it is sad to possibly see it go. Perhaps there is a replacement around however, although with the peculiarities of this kitchen finding one may be a task." The desk has a moment of silence for the lost pot if it is impossible to fix, otherwise he will continue trying to clean it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: December 05, 2013, 01:51:23 pm »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, realizing that killing time is no fun unless you do magic, writes a sentence on his bewitched piece of paper that orders the universe to rearrange so that Sigmund can blast air from his index finger. The paper hums a moment, then promptly goes silent. Figuring that's good news, Sigmund goes up to whatever side of the ship is the one that has the sea visible and points his index finger triumphantly outward.

Nothing happens, however. Sigmund ponders the strangeness of such a happening for a moment, but his thoughts are interrupted by a disturbing sound that he finds rather familiar. Looking to see who it is, he notices Mark leaping and cartwheeling down the streets of Shriekpot, expertly navigating past several confused sailors and somersaulting over a carriage. He then leaps over to the ship's gangway, rolling up it and gracefully jumping to a spot right next to Sigmund, at which point he sits down, his joints bending at highly unnatural angles as he does so.

Hm. Guess that means he's fixed, then.

In the kitchen of the Second Shank...

Scott, having plundered sufficient sailcloth in his downtime to sate his every need, makes tea bags out of his available supplies. They're a bit large and unwieldy, but perhaps it's best to consider these a proof of concept, really.

Morton, meanwhile, looks at his pot. It had a good life, certainly, and it has been party to a great many boilings of wonderful water. Sadly, it has lost both its wonderful proportions and its relative purity - it is filled with bits of slag and ash now, and most of it's melted to the walls. It has become a mere shadow of its former self, and it would be best to put it down now to end its suffering.

Morton holds a moment of silence as befits an occasion when a dear friend departs from this world in an untimely fashion. Truly, a great ally to the cause of butling has been lost.

In a house of hands...

Darren wonders if there's any chance this will ever be easy for him.

"How do the chances that I just float by look? They have magic?"

"Not very good, considering that they all live there, and yes. They were engineers, after all! If they didn't have magic, they'd be craftsmen of the lowest order. Nevertheless, they're not bad people, really. Most of them are simply crazy. There's a few malevolent ones as well, like Dr. Shooke, but he's really more of an outlier."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: December 05, 2013, 02:01:16 pm »

Sigmund turned to Mark,

-I see that Gunther has already finished working on you, Mark. As you have noticed, there are some people who need to be fixed here, and I am one of them. So, I suppose that you should be able to get us in a proper condition if you had materials to work with, right?

((Killerhellhound, it's time for body parts hunting!))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: December 05, 2013, 02:34:18 pm »

"Looks like it's my turn. See you later!"
Head towards Gunther.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: December 05, 2013, 03:03:59 pm »

...SOMEWHAT. ARE THERE AMY CHAIRS HERE?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: December 05, 2013, 03:11:46 pm »

...SOMEWHAT. ARE THERE AMY CHAIRS HERE?

"Not that I can see, no."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:52 pm »

DAMMIT. COULD YOU GIVE ME TEMPORARY LIMBS SO I CAN RETRIEVE THEM?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »

DAMMIT. COULD YOU GIVE ME TEMPORARY LIMBS SO I CAN RETRIEVE THEM?

"Sure, I suppose. Any preferences on limbs? I could just give your chair legs hands."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »

So long as they're strong, I'm good, though I would prefer to have hands I could cook with.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 719