Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542783 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7980 on: December 14, 2013, 06:12:01 pm »

((So, Kevin didn't pay. Well, I guess that it was Miauw's fault for not explicity stating it.))

-I'm glad you didn't do anything else. That would have been both a waste of body parts and something really unpleasant.

Get to the deck showing my new arm.

-Now I'm fixed and ready to get devoured by who knows what lies in the Sea of Death. Do we have an actual plan if we happen to be attacked by something?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:25 pm »

"I believe this will work splendid, many thanks good mage Erin. It's a bit too big to carry around easily however, but I don't often make tea while on the go, the smaller tea pot should be more than sufficient for those few circumstances."

The desk happily took the pot and examined it, seeing if it was any different or similar to what he was familiar with beyond size. It's size wouldn't be too much of a hindrance, the butler believes. Seeing Sigmund back on the deck, Morton addressed him.

"Ah, sir Sigmund, you're back again." The desk decided to ignore the whole 'last seen one armed and dragging a body, now two arms' thing. It was much more favorable for his prior rationalization. "I do believe we made a ballista, did we not? Stock to actually use it however might be another matter, I can't rightly say as to if we addressed that pressing issue."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: December 14, 2013, 09:55:10 pm »

Can I speak? If so, be loudly indignant at the following people. If not, try to lose them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: December 14, 2013, 10:00:00 pm »

((Sorry for not posting it slipped my mind  and yes we have ammo for the Ballista))
Mark heads up starts and grabs one of his injured fellow undead and drags them down to the drunks corpse. Then !!MEDICINE!!

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: December 14, 2013, 10:21:39 pm »

[I may know, but the reclusive desk that's Morton is another question. Glad to see you back, missed your "medicinal" shenanigans.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: December 15, 2013, 03:58:46 am »

Scott will beem after examining his find, running to the ship with many a skip and a jump in his step.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: December 15, 2013, 04:09:05 am »

"Hey, I'm back. Gunther fixed me up."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: December 15, 2013, 07:27:21 am »

After seeing Kevin, Sigmund said:

-It seems that we are all in a better condition now.

He then turned to Morton:

-I'm afraid that neither of us know how to operate a ballista. And it would be pretty unwieldy against something living, I guess.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: December 15, 2013, 02:17:07 pm »

On the Second Shank...

Sigmund, happy that he has avoided grotesque mutilation at the hands of Mark just this once, expresses his sincere gratitude.

"I'm glad you didn't do anything else. That would have been both a waste of body parts and something really unpleasant."

Such as it may be, anyway. The two undead head upstairs, getting out on the deck. Sigmund, upon noticing the others, flashes his new, rather flabby and swarthy arm to the rest of the gathered undead.

"Now I'm fixed and ready to get devoured by who knows what lies in the Sea of Death. Do we have an actual plan if we happen to be attacked by something?"

All bothered eyes fall on Erin, who shrugs.

"Hey, no clue. The Artiste doesn't tell me a thing. Not that I asked, but... well, ya know."

"It is entirely probable he has a plan, but I would not count on it. Perhaps he is relying on some kind of miraculous providence in Mothdale."

"Ah, sir Sigmund, you're back again. I do believe we made a ballista, did we not? Stock to actually use it however might be another matter, I can't rightly say as to if we addressed that pressing issue," Morton says, not acknowledging the fellow's clearly stolen arm under the pretense of examining his new teapot, which seems to have a very teapot-like shape and a lack of features aside from the fact that it seems to have a pressure seal on it. On both the top and the spout, actually.

"I'm afraid that neither of us know how to operate a ballista. And it would be pretty unwieldy against something living, I guess," Sigmund answers, shooting down that idea. As a dialogue begins, Mark casts his eyes across his companions. Let's see... Morton's all right, Sigmund is fixed... the ghost is beyond his current equipment... Scott just returned, he seems pretty happy and unusually functional... and even Kevin seems to be all right now. Damn it all, nobody needs help!

"Hey, I'm back. Gunther fixed me up."

"It seems that we are all in a better condition now."

Oh, rub it in, will you? Mark is about to grab one of these fellows and beautify them for the sheer principle of the thing, but something interrupts him. Something's tapping against his leg. He turns to look what it is and discovers that seems to be a magical pumpkin of some kind. With legs, no less. It has a note impaled on one of the legs, which it shows to Mark.

It says 'Improve me, please.' in a calligraphic, elaborate script.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas, not a big fan of being followed, becomes loudly indignant at his pursuers.

"I say! It is terribly impolite of you to follow an individual on their business without asking permission first!"

The three people pause momentarily, then start whispering to one another. After conferring with each other, they do absolutely nothing, staring at Niklas and evidently waiting for him to make a move.

"Ah! I was right! They most certainly deserve a good vanquishing!"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: December 15, 2013, 03:04:26 pm »

(I...I forgot to state that I wanted to bring the honey with me >.>. *sigh* nevermind.)

"So...We ready to go now or what? I'm pretty sure the local guard will not put up with us much longer."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: December 15, 2013, 06:11:52 pm »

-The Artiste is asleep, so we would need to wait until later to figure what to do. Meanwhile, I think that we should investigate on which thing exactly we may find.

He then turned to justine:

-So, any example of the monsters we may face?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: December 17, 2013, 12:39:26 am »

"As sir Sigmund said, I don't believe we can rightfully cast off without Master Artiste's say-so." Morton agreed with the vampire in addressing Scott, before turning to Erin once more.

"I must ask, how familiar or perhaps knowledgeable are you with odd materials? I have in my possession a stick from a rather odd tree. Odd in that it was, namely, alive and filled with more hate than I've ever known a plant, much less a person, could have. It seems to affect fire and fungi in odd ways, the former in that it seems to be actively harmful to those around it, its smoke painful and rather focused on drifting towards a living person. I can't rightly say on the latter, beyond a slight color change."

The desk reveals the stick that has been gathering dust in his drawer for so long.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: December 17, 2013, 04:38:29 am »

Mark's tree shook in excitement a challenge with out any limits aside from resources

He grabs the pumpkin and goes downstairs before getting to !!FUN!! namely !!MEDICINE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: December 17, 2013, 10:33:55 am »

-The Artiste is asleep, so we would need to wait until later to figure what to do. Meanwhile, I think that we should investigate on which thing exactly we may find.

He then turned to justine:

-So, any example of the monsters we may face?

"Dolphins, I think. They're rather unfriendly."

"As sir Sigmund said, I don't believe we can rightfully cast off without Master Artiste's say-so." Morton agreed with the vampire in addressing Scott, before turning to Erin once more.

"I must ask, how familiar or perhaps knowledgeable are you with odd materials? I have in my possession a stick from a rather odd tree. Odd in that it was, namely, alive and filled with more hate than I've ever known a plant, much less a person, could have. It seems to affect fire and fungi in odd ways, the former in that it seems to be actively harmful to those around it, its smoke painful and rather focused on drifting towards a living person. I can't rightly say on the latter, beyond a slight color change."

The desk reveals the stick that has been gathering dust in his drawer for so long.

"If the tree actively hated ya, it's not an exotic material. It's enchantment, plain and simple. Can't tell ya more than that, though."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:47:41 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: December 17, 2013, 10:58:43 am »

-Improving our knowledge on this subject is likely going to improve both our and our Master's chances of survival, which in turn is one of your tasks, and actually something beneficial for you in case the Artiste decides to let us free at some point. So it would be better if you are more cooperative than that.
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 719