Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540856 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8040 on: December 21, 2013, 04:14:39 am »

What could go wrong?
((You had to say it))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: December 21, 2013, 04:33:22 am »

"Unhand Chef Niklas!" Morton spoke as commandingly as he could, shaking his fist. "What has he done to you? Leave him be before we call the guards."

That should settle this in a civilized manner, the desk thought. Short, sweet, and to the point. What could go wrong?
Certainly not the fact that he's wanted by them!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: December 21, 2013, 04:55:23 am »

[Eh, they don't know that. Probably.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: December 21, 2013, 05:17:07 am »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas, not necessarily aware that the cavalry has arrived, tries to pinch his way out of the old bastard's grasp.

[Niklas vs. Terry: 5 vs. 5]

He pinches and pinches, but the fellow refuses to let go, clenching his teeth and bearing the assault with the utmost courage. Kevin, noticing the resolve of these individuals, tries to distract them from their task.

[Kevin's jesting roll: 2+1]

He performs an expertly-timed pratfall a cautious distance away from the three vagabonds, but said caution proves to be his undoing - in the tension of the situation, they hardly give him any looks at all! Guess they are somewhat distracted already - this is quite good for Mark, who approaches with impunity, halberd raised at the fellow grabbing Niklas.

"Unhand Chef Niklas!" Morton suddenly declares, shaking his fist. "What has he done to you? Leave him be before we call the guards." The three men immediately look in his direction, only one of them noticing death approaching through the corner of his eye. And that one individual is definitely too late to warn the fellow quite busy grappling with a chair.

[Mark vs. Terry: 6+1 vs. 3-1]

This gives Mark the opportunity to drive his halberd straight into the man's back, the blade splitting his heart in half and coming out the other side. Mark makes sure to miss the spine - those are going at a premium right now! With the man soundly pierced, he lifts the soon-to-be-corpse and hoists him over his shoulder. The other two men are rather disquieted by the display, and begin to retreat, one of them tripping and rolling down the street while the other panics and stands still, torn on whether to run from the crazy tree-head skeleton or to help his mate do the same. Mark, meanwhile, wonders if he could possibly lift two people with the same halberd. They seem rather light, to be honest. Or is that just his excitement over fresh materials to work with?

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott makes a mental count of who exactly he remembers to be a rightful part of this crew and whether they are present.

"I, apart from Erin, butlerboy and vampirelad I don't know... so anyone who isn't here anyway cannot be that important right?"

"You see, you'd think so, but I like to believe that all of our crew members could be good for something if given proper motivation and objectives. I don't really know what those might be, but I suppose if I promote synergy and things like that, it'll work out fine. But for that to work, we'll need a whole bunch of crew. Right now, we should have Mark, Art, Erin, Evelyn, Justine... Sigmund, Niklas, Morton, you, Kevin, the Captain and also the tailor fellow, Craig. I think that's the full list, anyway. Did I forget anyone, do you think?"

Suddenly, a slight hiss can be heard, as well as a flapping sound. Both the Artiste and Scott turn toward the source of it, and notice that a creature appears to be on deck - some kind of skinless, large duck with wings made of human skin, four tiny spider legs and a beak that opens radially and seems to be made of ribs.

"She's certainly changed a lot since I last saw her," the Artiste notes.

"What in gods' names is that thing?"

"Evelyn, seems like. At least that's what the soul appears to be marked as, and I don't recall binding any hellish ducks by a similar name lately."

Evelyn flaps her wings for a moment, paying no mind to the people chatting about her. She then jumps up and tries the same thing, only faster. It is quite surprising when she seems to ascend a little, then descend slowly.

"Aw, she's learning to fly!"

The onlookers are interrupted by Sigmund, who, not having noticed the blood red pseudoavian creature a small distance away, asks a rather important question.

"Master, how are you planning to deal with the dangers of the Sea of Death?"

"Poorly, it must be said, given that I have no idea what the dangers even are. I'm hoping we'll obtain more information when we stop at Mothdale - otherwise we may very well be up a highly unpleasant river with no boat, not to mention without any paddles. It wasn't without reason that I asked you people to get some books on the subject, I hope you realize? Perhaps Justine will be of help as well," he says, indicating the ghostly diviner, who doesn't respond, looking quite disgusted about something unrelated.

In the streets of the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren is pleased to find individuals who can be of help.

"Please, do."

He follows the lady, who floats through the streets in a manner that's a little too jittery to be called graceful, and eventually they reach what appears to be a single-story house that stands on several spiraling columns.

"Come along! Very good treasure here!" the lady explains, disappearing through a wall. Seeing no reason not to, Darren goes through the very same wall. What he sees on the other side is rather interesting - it looks to be a store. However, it is most definitely not the toy store he is looking for. No, this store sells something else entirely - they look like pets, Darren guesses. If pets happened to be made of very expensive-looking weaponry. There's a whole bunch of cats made of varying swords, axes and spears, a bear constructed purely of strange, glowing tubes, a... puppy, maybe, built out of a miniature crossbow, and a spider-like thing composed purely of interlocking chakrams. There's also other things - all kinds of highly dangerous, ornate-looking, obviously enchanted weapons organized and combined into animal shapes.

"Welcome to my store! Buy a pet! Bring home! Best treasure family can ask for! Buy today, yes!" the lady says in a highly manic-sounding fashion. It seems she has been waiting quite a while to say these very words.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: December 21, 2013, 05:52:25 am »

Kill the first one to run
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: December 21, 2013, 08:00:11 am »

-Aside from dolphins, both the Captain and Justine don't know about any other kind of dangers. Well, at least there will be a stop before we go to the Sea of Death.

Totally fail to notice the weird flesh thing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: December 21, 2013, 09:20:16 am »

Try to tackle one of them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: December 21, 2013, 09:30:46 am »

((Mark seems to be taking his rage at being crippled for so long out on these poor fellows))
My Sig

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: December 21, 2013, 10:17:03 am »

"Since you can see souls, is there a distance limit? Or can you leave your own body and find our missing crew/
Heck, if you some how have a way to magically amplify or translocate your voice, youshould try."

If the artiste questions such input, scott will reply that whilst he may not have the ability, he has more than enough knowledge on magic.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:05:57 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: December 21, 2013, 01:59:10 pm »

Well, something went wrong.

"Good gods, what are you doing surgeon Mark? You just-You just killed him! We could of handled this peacefully!" A conflict of methods was at work here, it seems.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: December 21, 2013, 02:23:44 pm »

Kevin, in full sprint, looks back and shouts over his shoulder:
"We have to show them, Morty! Or else they'll keep coming back for Niklas!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: December 21, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

"I--I suppose." The desk still doesn't feel altogether comfortable with all of this. Seeing as he doesn't exactly want a hand in any of this right now, he instead takes a look around and listen very carefully as Captain had showed him, trying to see who is a witness to the act, what they're doing, what they're saying...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:58:50 am by Xanmyral »

Nunzillor

« Reply #8052 on: December 22, 2013, 01:58:19 am »

You guys sure like murdering people!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: December 22, 2013, 05:08:28 am »

((It's a living and we need the parts))
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: December 22, 2013, 08:15:57 am »

((It's a living and we need the parts))
((I think that by this point it is unnecessary, but I enjoy the way combat is narrated in this game, so keep the bloodshed going))
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 719