Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540912 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8055 on: December 22, 2013, 08:36:38 am »

((I just haven't done anything in far too long ;_;))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: December 22, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

Could use an action from Xantalos - would be rude to do a fight with Niklas just standing by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: December 22, 2013, 02:13:14 pm »

What I didn't post

Furiously squeeze the head of the guy I'm patched onto!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: December 22, 2013, 02:14:57 pm »

Furiously squeeze the head of the guy I'm patched onto!

That dude is currently impaled through the heart on Mark's halberd, which is currently being used as a weapon. Continue?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: December 22, 2013, 04:28:40 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Morton is absolutely mortified at the way Mark seems to want to handle this situation. This is not how civilized people behave!

"Good gods, what are you doing, surgeon Mark? You just-you just killed him! We could've handled this peacefully!"

Mark doesn't really appear to be listening, though - too busy deciding which of the two remaining individuals to stab first, it seems. He decides that it should probably be the one who makes a run for it first - always take down the smart ones first, his old polearm instructor used to tell him. He looks at the fallen fellow with the large mustache and the other, more nondescript fellow expectantly - not that they can tell, really, it's all just blank, premeditated murder coming out of that tree as far as it can be determined.

The guy who's currently upright proves to be more courageous, starting to take steps away from the area while the other one just lies where he is, obviously trying to shrink away from impending doom, yet utterly failing. Mark takes this as a signal, and charges at the man!

[Quickness rolls: Mark vs. Ziggy: 2+1 vs. 2]

The fellow has little time to react before the skeleton has reached him, menacing him with the rather horrid combination of a very sharp instrument and the bleeding body of his good friend trying to suck air in the last moments of his reasonably long life, a look of horror on the almost-dead fellow's face.

[Mark vs. Ziggy: 6+1 vs. 6]

The fellow does have the presence of mind to jump back when Mark stabs at him, though, realizing that he's about to end up like his buddy if he doesn't act fast. He's a bit late - Mark does manage to draw blood a little bit with his stab, but no vitals or even moderately important organs are pierced, as the man has dodged backward sufficiently for the thrust to have lost most of its impalement potential.

Kevin, guessing that Mark has got this handled, runs over to the other guy, all the while justifying this impromptu murder of citizens to Morton.

"We have to show them, Morty! Or else they'll keep coming back for Niklas!" he shouts, to which Morton can only offer an uncertain "I--I suppose." As Kevin runs over and tackles the immobile, grounded short person with the ridiculous mustache, who offers no resistance, something occurs to the desk-butler. Witnesses! There must be tons of them around! And that's not good. Maybe he should listen in. Put his ear to the street, so to speak.

Sadly, though, the general bloodshed is a little too off-putting for him to properly concentrate - he does see a whole bunch of people around looking horrified, though. Particularly at the way the chair seems to be trying to take part in the melee despite having no real means of fighting effectively.

Indeed, Niklas seems to have taken special offense to the man who grabbed him in such an impious, impolite and impudent manner, galloping toward Mark's halberd and trying to leap on the near-dead individual's head.

[Niklas' leap roll: 1]

He manages to miss entirely - in fact, one could hardly call it a leap at all, with how he barely lifted himself off the ground -, hitting Mark straight in the legs and putting the skeleton off-balance for a bit, giving the other fellow a chance to run for it in the confusion!

[Ziggy's running roll: 3]

He doesn't manage to put too great of a distance between himself and Mark, making the rather notable mistake of trying to backpedal rather than straight-up sprinting away from the homicidal maniacs in the streets. Whether this will prove to be a fatal mistake remains to be seen.

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Despite most of the others currently looking at it and absolutely not at him, Sigmund keeps the whole 'responsible planning' line of conversation going.

"Aside from dolphins, both the Captain and Justine don't know about any other kind of dangers. Well, at least there will be a stop before we go to the Sea of Death."

"If they've both heard of them, that must mean the dolphins are probably rather dangerous. Or simply rather famous, that could be the case as well."

Before the Artiste can muse further on the nature of this information, Scott has a suggestion.

"Since you can see souls, is there a distance limit? Or can you leave your own body and find our missing crew? Heck, if you somehow have a way to magically amplify or translocate your voice, you should try."

"To the first question, yes - line of sight. To the second, no. If I leave this body, I'm quite out of this realm. Consequentially, very, very bad things would happen to pretty much all of you. Except Mr. Craig - he'd probably be perfectly fine, I would say. And the Captain as well. As for the last one, I don't think I can do that. At least not in any useful manner. I'm sure at least some of them will return shortly anyway. Morton, for instance. I can't imagine him getting into much trouble, honestly."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: December 22, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »

I am glad you find some worth in us, my lord.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: December 22, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »

AGLFLABLNA

Continue face hugging attempts at the guy running away!
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: December 22, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

The desk was at his limit of 'witnessing unarmed men needlessly killed' for the day. A very specific sort of limit, but there you go. "I-I'm sorry, I just-I just can't do this. This is wholly unnecessary, barbaric, and-and... And utterly ungentlemanly and uncouth!" Its not often when Morton raises his voice.

"Good day, sirs."

And with that, the desk trudged back to the ship, grumbling about "needless barbarities" and the "dreadful waste of life."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: December 22, 2013, 06:45:17 pm »

Go to practice more magic, but first:
-Add a bit more to the air blast instruction so that it is fired from my new arm.
-Point at the sea with it, then cast the spell.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: December 23, 2013, 12:42:09 am »

Kill the runner

I need more parts for !!MEDICINE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: December 23, 2013, 04:35:19 am »

Kick the immobile guy.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: December 23, 2013, 11:51:15 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott makes a remark that some might construe as dubiously sincere - however, by this point nobody can really tell what he's actually trying to say at any given point, so nobody seems to mind.

"I am glad you find some worth in us, my lord."

"Mm-hm, yes," the Artiste replies, looking back at Evelyn, who has managed to actually glide a little bit.

Sigmund, seeing no reason to continue speaking to his questionably benevolent overlord, returns to practicing magic. He starts to alter the small sheet of paper with the air blast spell. However, just as he writes any additional words on it, they evaporate immediately. This is quite unusual, Sigmund believes.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas, ashamed at having slightly impaired the murderous efficiency of good old Mark, tries to make it up as they together try to chase down that silly running fellow.

[Opposed movement: Niklas and Mark vs. Ziggy: 3 and 6+1 vs. 6]

Despite a valiant attempt on the runner's part that leaves Niklas in the dust, Mark catches up to the fellow, going for yet another stab at his vitals in both the literal and the metaphorical sense.

[Mark vs. Ziggy: 3+1 vs. 6]

The stab robs Mark of some of his momentum, however, and the running man takes the opportunity to sprint away, gaining a reasonable amount of distance from the skeleton in the process.

Morton, meanwhile, realizes that he cannot watch such uncivilized, murderous conduct like some kind of horrid accomplice - oh no, such a thing would be unthinkable, not to mention signify a total failure of the butling ideals he has tried to uphold in his unlife. So he makes his grievances plain.

"I-I'm sorry, I just-I just can't do this. This is wholly unnecessary, barbaric, and-and... And utterly ungentlemanly and uncouth! Good day, sirs," he says, raising his voice to the vaunted level of 'rather peeved', then turns around and leaves. Nobody really responds - neither Mark and Niklas, who currently seem unable to catch a thief, nor Kevin, who is currently kicking a fellow lying on the ground.

[Kicking a man while he's down: Kevin vs. Shamus: 1 vs. 5-1]

He kicks the fellow a few times, and the man is about to whimper, but then a thought strikes him. He looks over at who's kicking him.

Ah, it's not the terrifying creature with a lethal weapon that it does not hesitate to use! This is simply some other guy. Good.

[Counterattack: Trip: Shamus vs. Kevin: 3 vs. 3+1]

He kicks at Kevin's leg, which refuses to budge. Hm. Well, it was a decent idea, anyway. He then rolls away, getting up and breaking into a run in the same fluid motion.

Luckily for him, Morton has ended his association with these barbarians and their antics, and reaches the ship in no time at all. He is somewhat comforted by the sight of his more civilized partners - the Artiste, Erin, Sigmund, even Justine and Scott, and the skinless duck-thing.

Okay, maybe not the skinless duck-thing.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:54:22 am by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: December 23, 2013, 12:05:28 pm »

Tackle him! And then strangle him.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: December 23, 2013, 12:18:19 pm »

You are staring m'lord...Evelyn may get the wrong impression.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: December 23, 2013, 12:20:04 pm »

Go to the dude lying on the ground and bite him in the face!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 719