Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542736 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8085 on: December 26, 2013, 03:15:01 am »

[Hey, if it floats its a boat. Or something like that. I'm guessing she was wanting to get ahead of the curb on the rising 'animate object' trend going on.

I mean, first Morton was a desk, then Niklas was a chair... Now that Evelyn's a magical pumpkin, next thing you know Artiste's a nightstand, Erin winds up being a table, and somehow Justine turns into a magic eight ball.]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:17:14 am by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: December 26, 2013, 03:43:54 am »

next thing you know Artiste's a nightstand, Erin winds up being a table, and somehow Justine turns into a magic eight ball.]
((New Objective Received/ Challenge accepted))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: December 26, 2013, 03:57:47 am »

(I hope you had a good christmas HArry. :3)

Scott will open his mouth, raise a finger and...he will tuen away and get some of his not-yet-patented tea for the Artiste.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: December 26, 2013, 04:36:19 am »

((Life Begins at Furniture?))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: December 26, 2013, 05:44:18 am »

((Life Begins at Furniture?))
((Life begins at the doctor"s

also you made me choke water))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:10 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Sigmund, wondering if it's just magic in general that's being wonky or if the focus is simply trying to resist change, tries to cast the spell from the piece of paper, pointing out at sea.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 4]

A small amount of air moves in response to his act of will - not a very powerful blast, more of a stiff wind than anything, and not coming from his good arm in particular, but some sort of air displacement at any rate. As far as he can tell, anyway. Looks like the magic works just fine.

Morton, meanwhile, sees what he can do about the tea while making conversation.

"Mage Evelyn sure has changed, it seems. More so than the last I saw her," he comments, but receives no response. Hm. "It is a pleasure to be back on the ship, good Master Artiste. Jester Kevin and Surgeon Mark are assisting Chef Niklas in preventing himself from being sold. I was assisting, until it was decided that settling the differences between the two parties in a civilized manner wasn't nearly as provoking as spitting one of them through the chest with a blade while the poor soul wasn't looking."

"Well, hopefully they'll be back before morning. If not, I'll just go ahead and assume they're all dead or something. This whole delay thing is rapidly moving from ridiculous to absolutely ludicrous."

"I shall brew you up a well made cup then, good Master Artiste. Good mage Erin, would you perhaps like another glass? The smaller pot makes two cups, it would be no trouble."

"Can't say no to good tea, Mr. Morton."

With orders placed, Morton commences preparations for teamaking. Seeing the subject get steered in this direction, Scott realizes that there's something he was supposed to be doing, but mysteriously forgot - his new invention! Yes! He shambles over to wherever he left his bags of tea and the cup Erin didn't quite finish. Now, there was a thing he needed to do here. What was it?

In a dead end alley...

Kevin, not one to give up on an elusive quarry so easily, tries to tackle the escaping man once more.

[Opposed quickness: Kevin vs. Shamus: 6+1 vs. 6]
[Tackle: Kevin vs. Shamus: 6 vs. 5]
[Shamus' balance roll: 2]

He runs right at the mustached man, grabbing onto him, and positioning him delicately on the ground when the guy loses his footing. The thief responds with a counter maneuver.

[Grapple: Shamus vs. Kevin: 3 vs. 2]

Said maneuver results in Kevin slowly getting pulled down alongside the man, which looks a bit awkward to any outside observer, particularly Niklas, who supposes that he should probably just leave these two alone before he gets arrested for public indecency or something. He instead walks off in search of more chairs.

However, the streets are still quite empty and the houses are rather locked, it being nighttime and all. Maybe he should just ask Erin to make a chair and be done with it.

Elsewhere in Shriekpot...

Mark hates these prolonged chases. They are so inconvenient. Rather than prolong the man's suffering, he tries to trip him up.

[Trip: Mark vs. Ziggy: 4 vs. 5]

However, the silly meatbag just jumps over his swing of the halberd, looking disturbed at the way his comrade is dragged along the ground. The man looks around for a second, then starts to run. Oh, damn it all.

[Ziggy's escape roll: 3]
[Mark's pursuit roll: 2+1]

Mark easily keeps up with the guy, who seems to be running out of steam, judging by his breathing. There's only so far his frail flesh will take him, really.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: December 26, 2013, 06:43:55 am »

Leap at the man and Finish him

My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: December 26, 2013, 06:52:06 am »

((Xantalos, why do you keep walking off in the middle of combat.))
CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: December 26, 2013, 07:31:26 am »

((Ok, I only managed to displace air again. Damn. Better get a material focus.))

Sigmund walked up to Erin, and said:

-I'm practicing some air magic, but this useless piece of paper I made a focus from doesn't want to accept any new spells. Could you make me a kind of glass sphere for me with air inside so that I can make it into a meterial focus?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: December 26, 2013, 09:01:20 am »

((Ok, I only managed to displace air again. Damn. Better get a material focus.))

Sigmund walked up to Erin, and said:

-I'm practicing some air magic, but this useless piece of paper I made a focus from doesn't want to accept any new spells. Could you make me a kind of glass sphere for me with air inside so that I can make it into a meterial focus?

"I guess, yeah. But it's pretty dangerous to mess with that kinda thing, ya sure that's a good idea?"

((Also, you do displace air when you blast it. There's only so much air to go around, you know. You don't just conjure it from nowhere.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: December 26, 2013, 10:08:07 am »

((As it was not coming from my arm, I assumed that I was casting the displace air spell, instead of the air blast. Anyway, the amount o air that was moved makes sense, as to achieve the effect I wanted the air must have been concentrated in front of my arm beforehand.))

-Where lies the danger? In the amount of power that it would bring?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: December 26, 2013, 10:40:01 am »

-Where lies the danger? In the amount of power that it would bring?

"Not the power it'd bring so much as what'd happen if ya messed up. I mean, y've been at this for what, a couple hours? Seems irresponsible t'give ya an object ya can misuse so catastrophically. Also, not sure if whatever I'll make'll even work for ya."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: December 26, 2013, 10:43:06 am »

-Well, then I will keep practicing with low level magic.

Try stubbornly to write once again in my paper. As it fails, go and mak another piece of paper a focus.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: December 26, 2013, 07:13:51 pm »

Morton gets his tea apostle'ing on, making his way to the kitchen. The old tea might still be there, and while loath to dispose of it, it's just terrible to serve tea that hasn't been fresh, and so does indeed pitch it. Specially in this environment, who knows what might of despoiled it. It wouldn't do well to spread the wonders of tea with spoiled brew, would it?

Once the tea is prepared, he'll garner two glasses (or use two of the flasks he should still have, I think) and present them to Erin and Artiste.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: December 27, 2013, 08:57:45 am »

Scott will remember the honey and will dash off the ship.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 719