Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540903 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8385 on: January 15, 2014, 01:10:27 pm »

Kevin glanced over to Mark and said:
"Yeah, I know what you mean. I got turned into some sort of grotesque freak not too long ago."
Kevin shudders.

"The surgeon guy, right? He seems like a weirdo. What'd he do?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:48 pm »

"Huge spikes, four arms, A FUCKING FISHING ROD ATTACHED TO MY BACK!
That fuckhead is insane. I hope I don't get hurt, but if I do I'll swim back to this place to get somebody that is not the treehead to try and heal me, because I am not a freak."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: January 15, 2014, 01:52:08 pm »

"Huge spikes, four arms, A FUCKING FISHING ROD ATTACHED TO MY BACK!
That fuckhead is insane. I hope I don't get hurt, but if I do I'll swim back to this place to get somebody that is not the treehead to try and heal me, because I am not a freak."

"That's... kinda messed up, I guess. The fishing rod part, at least. Glad my stylist's nothing like him, at least, though he can get a bit tacky on occasion. I mean, look at me right now. I'm made out of gold. Or look like it, anyway. How am I supposed to look serious like this?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: January 15, 2014, 05:05:52 pm »

"What?"
Go back to where there were the crowds. Find someone else.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: January 16, 2014, 05:44:05 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Mark, after proposing that Erin should transmute some party materials, removes her drunk ring for safety. Erin offers little resistance to this.

"Oh yeah... that thing. I guess I'm alright now?"

She doesn't look alright, Mark thinks. Definitely still drunk.

"Right! Let's go! Magic awaaay, hahahah!"

[Erin's magic roll: 4-1]

The air in front of Erin twists and compresses in a single point, forming what appears to be a noisemaker of some kind. Erin takes it immediately and starts making noise with it.

"Party! Hah! Woo!" she half-yells, swaying from one side to the other. Yeah, removing the ring did not help at all. And the Artiste, who is seated nearby, is not impressed.

"Stop giving her ideas, Mark. She's drunk."

"I am not drunk! He removed the ring, see?" Erin says, pointing unsteadily at the ring in Mark's hand. The Artiste sighs, which seems to be something he's doing a lot lately.

Morton, meanwhile, thanks Evelyn for her help and patience.

"Wise advice. I'm in your debt, good mage Evelyn, thank you. You can keep the pen and paper if you wish, although I'm admittedly not sure where you'd keep it, otherwise I'll return them to the den."

She just nods and pushes the pen back into Morton's hand with her beak. Morton takes that as an indication that he should take it back, and leaves with the paper as well. He then heads carefully through the den, reaching the kitchen quickly and painlessly. Having done that, he begins to examine the Single Thought Chant. The syllables are pretty difficult, and though Morton can easily pronounce them in his mind, he isn't so sure he can do the same in reality as well - there's going to be some mistakes, he's sure. This chant looks like it was deliberately made difficult to pronounce, in fact, which means linguistic pitfalls are all but assured. How important they are, though, is another question.

Back on deck, meanwhile, Scott returns from his oceanic excursion and tries to focus on something less humongous instead, like a nail - there are no loose ones, but hey, the ship is levitating, so it's not likely to be that problematic even if the nail is important.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 1]

Once again, though, Scott only manages to pull himself into a wall. This is getting tiresome, really. And it's also making him wonder if he can actually do telekinesis at all, honestly. Maybe he should ask someone whether that's something he's supposed to be able to accomplish.

Niklas, who is not far away, scarcely notices Scott's failed attempts to move things with his mind, for he is busy with a hoodwink!

"I think, my friend, that you were trying to turn into a chair!"

"I am fairly certain I wasn't! And I remember these things! I've turned into a chair several times in my life, but not in the last 20 years, definitely. I'd have to be far more drunk to even attempt such a thing."

"I'm sure you were! I am completely convinced that was the case, in fact!"

"Well, that's good. Now you remember what you were doing! So we can move on to you telling me a story, yes?"

"But-"

"Storytime now. I'm getting bored, and that's never good."

Not far away, Sigmund tries to undo the effects of his spell with another, much more unpredictable one, because that's definitely a recipe for success right there.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 2]

It doesn't work! Sigmund is both dissatisfied at his failure and happy that didn't result in some kind of storm on deck, because that could end messily, really.

The rising of the ship abates as it seems to have partially lifted itself out of the water, and after a sound of an anchor quickly lifting, the ship begins to gently move away from the pier, picking up speed quickly.

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren is disappointed at the flagrant pessimism of the lady. There are totally people around here. Somewhere, anyway. However, as he moves around the engineers' quarter with the lady, nobody is in sight - there are no crowds in the engineers' quarter or, in fact, the entire city. Just a couple constructs skittering from one place to another on occasion, looking for things to steal. Darren thinks back and realizes that he hasn't seen any ghosts around here aside from the crazy mute lady that tried to peel away his various bits, and she didn't seem like the type to appreciate stage magic.

As for the other creatures - the constructs - they don't seem entirely appreciative of Darren, considering that they cannot take him apart to salvage him for bits, which disappoints them, evidently. There's the hand people, but they also seem to keep to the area beneath the streets unless bothered, it seems. Other than that... well, he can't think of anyone here. There's ghosts in the other parts of the city, he's sure, but those are pretty far. And most of the ones he knows are from the outskirts.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: January 16, 2014, 08:14:10 am »

Scott will ask the captain how he is supposed to interact with the fabric of the physical universe.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: January 16, 2014, 09:55:37 am »

Mark sits Erin down and gets her a glass of water then keeps the ring for her safety.

He then takes inventory of all weapons on board and plans ways to kill monsters with what we have
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: January 16, 2014, 11:54:52 am »

As the ship is moving, the effects of the spell should move away. Or at least that is what Sigmund though.

Wait until the effect either fades away or is displaced into another point fro the ships movement.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: January 16, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »

"As long as you have two arms and two legs in the right places, you could be worse off."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: January 16, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »

Tell him a wondrous story of an epic quest to reclaim a homeland from an evil villain, but with a twist: it was all a dream it was really just a series of pranks.
Subtly slip subliminal messages about chairs into the story.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: January 16, 2014, 12:11:28 pm »

"As long as you have two arms and two legs in the right places, you could be worse off."

"Fortunately for me, I can fire my stylist if he does something like that. You'd have a harder time getting rid of your friend if he got insistent."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: January 16, 2014, 12:14:21 pm »

"Yeah, can't hurt him. Soulbinds and all that jazz."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: January 16, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »

"Yeah, can't hurt him. Soulbinds and all that jazz."

"Yes. Quite. Have you thought about disciplining him some other way for misbehavior? Physical pain is one thing, yes. But maybe there's a better way?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: January 16, 2014, 12:43:38 pm »

"...Not really. He's too insane for psychological torture. Throwing his gear away will make him mad, but we may need it, as much as I despise his way of work."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: January 16, 2014, 12:56:17 pm »

"...Not really. He's too insane for psychological torture. Throwing his gear away will make him mad, but we may need it, as much as I despise his way of work."

"You could try to manipulate your master, though. That could get the guy off your back."
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 719