Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542569 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8445 on: January 18, 2014, 02:00:53 pm »

[Congrats, you made clingy paper. That will probably kill us all.

Hm... Papey? No, that's stupid. Doom paper? ...A good name for it isn't coming to mind.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: January 18, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »

[Congrats, you made clingy paper. That will probably kill us all.]
Exactly my thoughts.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: January 18, 2014, 02:49:15 pm »

Sigmund stopped walking and jumped back, looking at the piece of paper:

-Aha! I knew it! Now, would you please listen to me? If you understand me, move in a circular fashion.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: January 18, 2014, 05:47:09 pm »

Sigmund stopped walking and jumped back, looking at the piece of paper:

-Aha! I knew it! Now, would you please listen to me? If you understand me, move in a circular fashion.

The piece of paper keeps on flaming and humming, and also starts moving up and down.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: January 18, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »

[Okay. Maybe it isn't actually sapient. Maybe it's just about to explode instead.

...Burning Paper? Humming stock? It's hard coming up with names for magical paper.]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:03:45 pm by Xanmyral »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: January 18, 2014, 07:02:54 pm »

Mark gets the heck away from the peace of Burning paper
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: January 18, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »

"Well, back where I got here from, there were a few ghosts, like us. I don't have any money on me, but maybe if you relocated over there, you could find some more customers. We could even put on a magic show to celebrate the opening."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:10 pm »

((...wait, Sigmund made a piece of paper that's strings are in about the same condition as Niklas'.
Dear lord I'm a walking reality bomb chair.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: January 19, 2014, 12:20:40 am »

((Dear lord I'm a walking reality bomb chair.))
((I wouldn't have it any other way
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: January 19, 2014, 02:07:40 am »

"Dun' worries," Timothy quickly reassured the woman, inwardly quite embarrassed by getting such a reaction, "I's not wants a thing, not gonna hurts people." He tried his best to shrink himself down and act unthreatening, whilst still peering at her in curiosity.
He was used to getting a poor reception, but this seemed perhaps even worse than usual. He would get to the bottom of this! Clearly, these people need his help! Timothy began to practically itch with excitement at the idea of getting to be useful for once.
"...What'sa matters?"

>Quickly calm the woman down, reassuring her that I don't want anything, and even if I did I wouldn't be hurting people to get it.

>Then, seeing her strange demeanour, ask her just what's wrong. Offer to help solve her problems, whatever they may be!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: January 19, 2014, 05:25:44 am »

Mark gets the heck away from the peace of Burning paper

You perform a daring leap away from the side of the ship, hoping to not get caught in a cataclysmic reality-warping event. You roll right up to the mast and hide behind it.

"Well, back where I got here from, there were a few ghosts, like us. I don't have any money on me, but maybe if you relocated over there, you could find some more customers. We could even put on a magic show to celebrate the opening."

"Do they have money?"

Right now, I'm waiting for Innsmothe to specify his travel turn before moving along with things. Skipping him a whole day would be a bit much.

In some kind of town...

Timothy tries to reassure the peasant woman, shrinking down humbly and harmlessly, a thing he is rather proficient at.

"Dun' worries, I's not wants a thing, not gonna hurts people," he says, but the woman is not visibly calmed.

"Shut up!"

Timothy, however, does not relent, as this woman clearly does not know the extent of his helpfulness.

"...What'sa matters?"

The woman does not immediately answer. Instead, she looks around, and notices a person approaching. Timothy wonders a moment what her problem might be, but then she turns back to him.

"Damn it. Didn't work. Listen, leave now! Go away!"

She begins to quickly walk away from Timothy, looking to be in quite a rush.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:55:34 am by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: January 19, 2014, 05:34:29 am »

Timothy narrowed his eyes at the whole scene before him. Yes, something was clearly not right here.

>Do my best to turn invisible! Surely I should be getting the hang of that by now...

>Then: surreptitiously inspect the person approaching. Try and figure out why that woman would be afraid of them.
Try not to lose sight of her, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: January 19, 2014, 07:07:51 am »

Get the hell away from that paper. Tell the Artiste about it, then go to the cargo hold

((Aww, I wanted it to be clingy paper!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: January 19, 2014, 11:21:39 am »

Get the hell away from that paper. Tell the Artiste about it, then go to the cargo hold

((Aww, I wanted it to be clingy paper!))

The paper begins to fly in your direction as you turn away from it. Uh oh.

In a town of some kind...

Timothy tries to become invisible! It's worked before, after all.

[Timothy's invisibility roll: 4]

And it works! Timothy becomes more translucent over a period of several seconds until you can't very well see him at all! He is invisible! And not blind, either. That's great! Now for some investigative work. Timothy looks at the person approaching - a man walking relaxedly, or at least that's what Timothy thinks. It might not be a man at all. It might be a woman. Or a giant spider dressed as a human being for some nefarious purpose. What he's trying to say is that he is unsure of who or what this man may actually be, and his motives are equally unknown. Perhaps this is what frightens the woman so? The unknowable nature of the thoughts of other people? The tragedy of being unable to share minds as easily as words? It might be, Timothy thinks.

Speaking of the woman, though, where'd she go? Timothy looks around, and notices her heading over to a nearby dark alley, her step having become more of an urgent run.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: January 19, 2014, 01:39:22 pm »

Funnel air in the direction fo the paper! Trap it!

Also scream to make everybody get away from it

((Damn stability and dangerousness rolls))
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 719