Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542614 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8535 on: January 23, 2014, 11:02:53 am »

What other travel turns are needed
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: January 23, 2014, 11:13:56 am »

We need Xantalos, unless I completely missed him somehow.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: January 23, 2014, 11:23:17 am »

Sigmund though, maybe this mage thingy shouldn't get him so cocky. There was a tactical advantage in not showing that you are a mage, so it would be better to remain things as it is. Anyway, now he was curious about something: Why pink?

((To Tailor Craig))
-Why pink not? It there something bad with that color? Because I had to fight a failed focus which emitted pink flames some time ago.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: January 23, 2014, 11:33:52 am »

Sigmund though, maybe this mage thingy shouldn't get him so cocky. There was a tactical advantage in not showing that you are a mage, so it would be better to remain things as it is. Anyway, now he was curious about something: Why pink?

((To Tailor Craig))
-Why pink not? It there something bad with that color? Because I had to fight a failed focus which emitted pink flames some time ago.

"Well, first of all, you would look very silly in a pink robe, and I believe most everyone would. Secondly, like you mentioned, pink is a rather fearsome color for mages, owing mostly to the reputation of pink magic and the way the color pink seems to be a harbinger of destruction in many cases. It seems to be tied with magic going terribly wrong as far as anyone can tell, and pink magic is a forbidden, highly dangerous avenue of study because of this."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: January 23, 2014, 11:42:49 am »

We need Xantalos, unless I completely missed him somehow.
Gimme about 8-10 hours. Gotta do finals and then work.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: January 23, 2014, 11:44:44 am »

Gimme about 8-10 hours. Gotta do finals and then work.

Naturally, take your time. Even if you posted right this minute, it would be unlikely for me to give everyone a travel turn today.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: January 23, 2014, 11:59:52 am »

Timothy's (invisible) face twisted in a sad frown as the strange couple spoke so unkindly about him.
He wanted desperately to open his mouth and disagree, to tell them how nice he was and how he's never heard of any 'BCM' thing to begin with and what a cute little dog they had, but then that would just scare them off again, wouldn't it?
He floated up a bit, forcing down the urge to speak, and settled for just watching them and the surroundings. It wasn't all bad, though- he had the perfect idea for how to make friends with these people: the fellow was hungry, right? Timothy could help with that! ...Probably. And then they could introduce themselves! And he could pet their dog! And maybe they could go on an adventure and find Hansel, and Bob! ...He was getting a little ahead of himself. He forced himself to calm down and pay attention.

>Hover unseen above the strange trio, keep an eye on both them and the surrounding area.

>When they split up, barring any unexpected incidents, follow the young man and see where he's hiding out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: January 23, 2014, 01:01:44 pm »

((The pink plot deepens. All these pink areas were just basically magical nuke impact craters or meltdown sites or something, then ;_;))
((The pink pyramid could've been a mage that decided to study pink magic. Although it hinted at the fact that there is some sort of pink order.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: January 23, 2014, 01:21:42 pm »

((The pink plot deepens. All these pink areas were just basically magical nuke impact craters or meltdown sites or something, then ;_;))
((The pink pyramid could've been a mage that decided to study pink magic. Although it hinted at the fact that there is some sort of pink order.))
((Magical nukes? Chaos cultists? Oh, the possibilities!))

-Pink magic? That's something that I haven't heard. Why something so oddly specific as kind of magic which manipulates a color even exists? Shouldn't it be something like a subset of light magic?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: January 23, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »

-Pink magic? That's something that I haven't heard. Why something so oddly specific as kind of magic which manipulates a color even exists? Shouldn't it be something like a subset of light magic?

"The color itself is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Pink magic is the magic of nonsense, mastery of the impossible, the nonexistent and the blatantly incomprehensible. It twists the mind of its practitioners, and tends toward the corruption and destruction of all that it touches. And if a manifestation of it is left uncontrolled, it will definitely result in quite a lot of trouble for anyone nearby. Or so goes uncommon magic wisdom, anyway."

Nunzillor

« Reply #8545 on: January 23, 2014, 08:27:44 pm »

It certainly seems that a Pink robe will strike fear into the hearts of your enemies.  I heartily recommend it!

Also, I don't think Pink magic is incomprehensible so much as it is poorly understood by most.  It may twist the minds of its practicitioners, but only insofar as granting them the blessing of greater understanding!  It seems to originate from a civilization deep underground very similar to ours.  There, Pink magic is the norm and not simply a force for destruction!  I believe one of the characters early on discovered this Pink haven.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:44:24 pm by Nunzillor »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: January 24, 2014, 10:13:36 am »

It certainly seems that a Pink robe will strike fear into the hearts of your enemies.  I heartily recommend it!

Also, I don't think Pink magic is incomprehensible so much as it is poorly understood by most.  It may twist the minds of its practicitioners, but only insofar as granting them the blessing of greater understanding!  It seems to originate from a civilization deep underground very similar to ours.  There, Pink magic is the norm and not simply a force for destruction!  I believe one of the characters early on discovered this Pink haven.
((It was James! But he discovered so many stuff that this is not even worthwhile to mention))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: January 24, 2014, 11:58:46 am »

Then got killed by a animal while holding 8-10 weapons of mass destruction.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: January 24, 2014, 12:10:08 pm »

Niklas will:
Assemble more chairs out of any materials - even the ship, if necessary.
Attempt once more to fuse with said chairs.
If that doesn't work, attempt to perform that meditation again.
Steal everybody's things in a fit of jealousy, and eat as much as I can. Hoard the rest somewhere deep in the hold.
Drink all the alcohol on the ship.
Try to fight someone in a drunken rage.
Escape culpability for any damage I cause.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: January 24, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »

If Niklas tries to steal my lures or ritual materials cut off one of his legs and take them back.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 719