Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542682 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - End of Chapter 5
« Reply #8565 on: January 26, 2014, 11:53:19 am »

It was a really tough choice, especially since they're all so applicable, but in the end I have to go with what's in Morton's heart. Apostle of the Tea Leaf.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: January 26, 2014, 11:59:36 am »

I would just like to say something

that when the team normal memberis a metal skeleton Doctor with a tree for a head it says alot about the others
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: January 26, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »

Not really. Sigmund is the most normal PC.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: January 26, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »

Yeah, I have to agree there, Sigmund is the most normal.

Personally, I think Mark is actually the weirdest, with Niklas following behind and Scott indignantly next.

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean no magic. Yeah, you'd be right then.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: January 26, 2014, 12:24:18 pm »

He has magic doesn't count and is tampering with the laws of reality as a hobby you call that normal

Mark may be insane and be a metal skeleton but he doesn't use magic
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: January 26, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »

Hm... I'm kinda skeptical about Kevin being magical though. His body is weird, yes, but really I wouldn't call it any more or less magical than having soul vision or something.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: January 26, 2014, 12:51:51 pm »

So a trip through where ever the portal takes you is fine but weren't you learning enchanting
and I forgot about the soul vision completely 
My Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: January 26, 2014, 12:57:12 pm »

Oh no, I wasn't arguing about Morton being non-magical, he stopped that the moment he learned demonology. Now that he's learned how to enchant, that's an even bigger no on the non-magical front. I also plan on appending minor divination on the list, if he can get his grubby immaculately clean wooden mitts on the divination book.

Really though, magic seems like its something simple to blunder upon considering its all about manipulating the world with your mind. As to if you survive that encounter is another thing, but still. Heck, if you hate something hard enough and focus that hate towards it, you might be able to actually hate them to death. Or enchant it, as is the case with the tree.

I really gotta find a use for that stick, I'm loath to throw it away because it could wind up useful.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:09 pm »

Scott who is very frustrated and terribly frightened and slightly psychotic after extended periods of partial sensory deprivation. He will find a nice abandoned corridor and will try to rip apart everything in sight in a huge mental tantrum.

Choose an ability! Besides, there's no sensory deprivation at play here. Just sleep. Sweet, dreamless sleep.

Also, no actions yet. It's a chapter break!
Oops, I read in a rush, redid turn
Firestarter please, sir.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:39:39 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: January 26, 2014, 01:45:54 pm »

I really gotta find a use for that stick, I'm loath to throw it away because it could wind up useful.
The reasoning for every RPG player ever not using an item it could be useful later
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: January 26, 2014, 01:56:36 pm »

Just poking in to say Tedium Mastery for me. I think that I'm at 1 or 2 spells from being able to average it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: January 26, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »

((Sorry. Also, why do you make all of these chapter-end traits so amazing? I'll take No Longer Out of Practice.))
Darren greets her back.
"Yes, thank you. But, I have a question for you. There's a woman down there who sells some... interesting pets. Won't need food, won't get sick. You want one? Or know anybody who does?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8577 on: January 26, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »

Must Confirm!

With me literally walking across the bottom of the ocean, I'll need it. Plus, prevention death abilities are a must.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: January 26, 2014, 06:23:15 pm »

((Sorry. Also, why do you make all of these chapter-end traits so amazing? I'll take No Longer Out of Practice.))

This chapter lasted what, half a year? Have to provide something good after that. Besides, it helps offset my killer GM tendencies, which I've already been trying to keep in check.

Darren greets her back.
"Yes, thank you. But, I have a question for you. There's a woman down there who sells some... interesting pets. Won't need food, won't get sick. You want one? Or know anybody who does?"

"The pet store woman? I don't have the money she wants for them. Her prices are a bit ridiculous, honestly. Probably accurate, too, considering that all the "pets" are made of what pretty much amount to artifact weapons. Still, I doubt I could haul one of those away without accidentally slicing my arms off or something like that. Would be lucrative to do so, though. I'll think about it. I don't think there's anyone else here who'll go for it, though."

Must Confirm!

With me literally walking across the bottom of the ocean, I'll need it. Plus, prevention death abilities are a must.

By the way, you do actually get an action. You weren't just incapacitated for an indeterminate period of time, after all.

Just poking in to say Tedium Mastery for me. I think that I'm at 1 or 2 spells from being able to average it.

Actually, you'll already be able to average it. That day you spent practicing wind magic wasn't for nothing, after all. I'll roll for the last five in short order.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: January 26, 2014, 06:25:12 pm »

Ooh, good!

Explore ship. Look for loot, and assess the viability of getting it working again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 719