Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540890 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8610 on: January 29, 2014, 08:28:06 am »

Are we paid for this, or were we conscripted...Where is the Artiste? Did he abandon us?

Scott will float to one of the shipwrecks and start causing environmental damage.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:37 am »

Are we paid for this, or were we conscripted...Where is the Artiste? Did he abandon us?

~the skyman is enjoying our hospitality! we find his mind interesting and layered! he wishes to leave, but we do not permit it! as for payment... we can repay in simulated sensations if that is agreeable!~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:45 am »

Timothy sighed and rolled his eyes.
He decided not to dwell on his failures, and instead decided to repeat the process.
"Third time'sa lucky, right? ...Just how manies dese places is there?"

>Channel surf until I either reach the Plane of Pie, find something that looks edible, or get back home. Any of the three results is acceptable!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: January 29, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »

Well...

Tell it my entire life story.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: January 29, 2014, 12:54:41 pm »

Oh, For the Five Gods! He was in a city conquered by who knows which telepathic entity. Shit. Bt at least they seemed to be somewhat reasonable regarding some things, despite the fact that they didn't know how a sentient being usually doesn't like to be fastened to a pole so high into the sky. He would have thoght of what to do now, but he really didn't have information on the war aspect of things, the family he served being in other kind of affairs. Well, at least he could get well with his new master, anyway.

Begin changing the direction of the wind so that the clouds are redirected to a place that is not the city, don't make the wind flow strongly, though, just make a breeze. Use TM

Meanwhile, mentally ask the entity:

-So, what exactly are you, and the gub, by the way?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: January 29, 2014, 01:19:10 pm »

-So, what exactly are you, and the gub, by the way?

~we are gub! or the gub, if you prefer! and we did not conquer this city, it was handed to us! and we do not see the problem with fastening you to a pole, sigmund! we thought your only fears were crossroads, garlic, trespassing, certain flowers and running water! you will notice we have thoughtfully removed anything of the sort from this rooftop!~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: January 29, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »

Since you speak in my mind, and promise to tweak my tactile feelings...can you unlock the powers denied me in my own mind? I would like to interact with the world again.
Also, where is our 'Skyman'?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: January 29, 2014, 01:30:17 pm »

-My question was not answered, what are you? Are you physical in any way? Oh, and while those things make me really uncomfortable, there are things that make me uncomfortabe too, like sunlight and being deprived for my freedom to move to another place on my own.

He then thought of something: what if they decided to release him to a fall to his doom? He quickly mentally said:

-Please don't let me fall. If I'm allowed to leave this place at some point, allow me to get to the floor in one piece.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: January 29, 2014, 03:06:15 pm »

Since you speak in my mind, and promise to tweak my tactile feelings...can you unlock the powers denied me in my own mind? I would like to interact with the world again.
Also, where is our 'Skyman'?

~we messed around with your powers for quite a while when we were testing them! they were very interesting! that fire thing especially! and your skyman dwells in comfortable quarters, attended to by at least one servant at any given time! he is not pleased, but guarantees of safety should he not under any circumstances leave his quarters have kept him rather peaceable and agreeable! we are conversing right now, in fact! he is asking us to not be so extremely overbearing, and that it is distracting to have voices speaking in his head all the time! we suspect he is being unreasonably surly, and have not complied!~

-My question was not answered, what are you? Are you physical in any way? Oh, and while those things make me really uncomfortable, there are things that make me uncomfortabe too, like sunlight and being deprived for my freedom to move to another place on my own.

He then thought of something: what if they decided to release him to a fall to his doom? He quickly mentally said:

-Please don't let me fall. If I'm allowed to leave this place at some point, allow me to get to the floor in one piece.

~oh, right! you do not like sunlight! do not worry, we have our best agents on the job to help with that! as for lack of freedom, that is something you'll have to get used to right now! it wasn't easy to carry you up there, and we can't have you falling off! at least, not when the prospect of bad weather still threatens us! you must remain watchful!~

~as for your first question, we are gub! we are the sea itself! even more than that now! the gub grows forevermore!~

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: January 29, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »

"I am a stage magician, just looking to sell wares for someone I know."
Darren held his breath.
What are the chances that he ends up trying to kill me?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: January 29, 2014, 04:58:44 pm »

"I am a stage magician, just looking to sell wares for someone I know."
Darren held his breath.
What are the chances that he ends up trying to kill me?

"What wares, and who is this person you know?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: January 29, 2014, 06:09:12 pm »

So I am able to use telekinesis and other stereotypical ghostly powers?...What happened during these 'tests'?

Scott will test this during his burning of a wreck.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: January 29, 2014, 06:23:05 pm »

This was unusually well coordinated for a conquest, and the entity mentioned that it was handed to them. That made more questions arise:

-So, you mentioned that the city was handed to you. Why did it happen? And who handed it to you?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: January 29, 2014, 06:34:10 pm »

So I am able to use telekinesis and other stereotypical ghostly powers?...What happened during these 'tests'?

~not much! we levitated objects together, made you change your location, throw your voice, start small fires! lots of little tricks! interesting, yet limited! your other companions had more interesting potential skills!~

This was unusually well coordinated for a conquest, and the entity mentioned that it was handed to them. That made more questions arise:

-So, you mentioned that the city was handed to you. Why did it happen? And who handed it to you?

~it happened because we are good at receiving gifts! and it was handed to us by a lyman, and thus the handing does not concern you!~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: January 29, 2014, 06:38:49 pm »

-Oh, well, then at some point I will ask you what a lyman is. Anyway, I don't want to bother you anymore, I see that you have more important tasks to attend to.

Do hard cloud-displacing work.

EDIT:
((Who else is thinking of a dolphin hive-mind? We are so screwed))
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 719