Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542923 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8730 on: February 05, 2014, 01:57:40 am »

((We'll you could try digging through Mike's adventures in the Realm of Dreams. Maybe you'll find something about lymans there.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: February 05, 2014, 10:18:52 am »

At the shipwreck-rich beach of Mothdale...

Scott idly toys with his powers, his information fishing attempts abating after the gub proved somewhat secretive. He tries to make a fireball.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 1]
[Scott's telekinesis roll: 3-2]

He concentrates on a patch of air, trying to use both telekinesis and his fire power at the same time - he thinks he can... wait, why does he feel very hot all of a sudden? And why can't he see properly? Is he... well, of course he's on fire now. Honestly, how could it have gone any differently?

[Scott's endurance roll: 1]

Good gods, that hurts like hell! He thinks his spectral eyes just melted! Also, he doesn't have any lips or hair anymore. This he realizes to be a very terrible occurrence. Also, whatever remains of his spectral brain may be on the verge of boiling.

[Scott's will roll: 2]

Yeah, it's definitely painful enough for Scott to suddenly wish he could be elsewhere... anywhere, really, except here.

Meanwhile, ignorant of Scott burning with a bright cyan flame nearby, Sigmund prepares to receive Little Tommy, whoever that might be. He places the teapot on the ground, then takes a few steps back, choosing a defensive posture and preparing to blast the feet of the approaching person should it be necessary. The sprinting shape draws nearer and nearer with each second, and as it comes close to Sigmund, he notices that it seems to be a skinny man, a meter and a half tall at most and sporting a large beard. He half-stops, half-trips, rolling a short distance before coming to halt a few meters from the teapot. He then crawls the rest of the way, breathing heavily and visibly sweating, and picks the teapot up. He briefly glances at Sigmund, providing a hearty "Thanks!" before getting the teapot and proceeding to sprint away.

~you've made little tommy a happy man today, sigmund! he is most thankful, as you have noticed! by the way, scott is burning to death behind you!~

Sigmund looks the way the gub indicated. Ah, so he is.

Inside the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, not needing directions to his destiny to be given twice, rushes up the indicated staircase until he's at the top, which seems to be the destination he was pointed toward - it appears to be some manner of lounge, filled with rather interesting-looking people. Well, maybe not filled, exactly. There's only five or so people that look somewhat interesting.

The first is an incredibly fat, satisfied-looking woman who seems to be floating in a meditative pose right in the middle of the room while having a drink, with several people, some of which are also floating and most of which seem to project an air of adoration, grouped around her having the very same sort of drink

The second is a flustered, sweating man wearing rather solid (and very heavy from the looks of it), plain plate armor of a make Niklas doesn't recognize, seemingly carrying on a spirited conversation with himself at one of the tables.

The third is a small boy in a rather large robe, standing on a chair and singing to a small audience in a voice most high and pristine and gesticulating with his hands, his listeners looking either quite absent or filled with immense wordless wonder.

The fourth is a young, very fit woman who seems to be hanging off the ceiling upside-down, her legs wrapped around one of the support beams. She looks pretty excited to be accompanied by a whole host of suspiciously naked people hanging up there with her, messing around and doing various acrobatic tricks to amuse her.

By the way, speaking of naked people, the fifth is a rather large, well-built man, although definitely approaching the end of middle age at the very least. This is easy to determine due to his striking nakedness, although he seems to be trying his best to avoid attention, sitting in the corner while a bunch of grim people who seem to be his entourage look around the rest of the place.

In a graveyard in Mothdale...

Kevin hops around, looking for a mortuary amidst all the grave sites, and eventually finds one. He even notices Mark standing around right outside it looking quite distracted while a rather lumpy dolphin with hooks on its flippers appears to be mock-fighting a very toothy dolphin right next to him. It looks both silly and deranged at the same time, and first blood seems to already have been drawn.

~you seem acceptable at navigation, kevin! far better at it than ambiance, definitely! though that may be your dismemberment creating urgency!~

Inside the Ponderous Tingfish...

Morton can't believe the sheer rudeness of this fellow. That's no way to treat a perfectly polite (not to mention rather fetching) piece of talking, tea-making furniture! No way at all, definitely! However, before he can extricate himself from this situation, there is the obligatory question.

"Sir, have I wronged you in some way? I apologize if I did, I'll leave you be."

Without waiting for an answer, Morton moves to leave quickly.

[Morton's escape roll: 6-1]

He is out the door almost immediately, moving with the speed, grace and resplendence of a true moral victor. Once out in the street, Morton moves further still to a distance he hopes is adequate to avoid reprisal for some entirely imaginary offense.

Outside a tavern in Blynn...

Timothy, faced with an engineering challenge, tries to deal with it like a true civil engineer would - if the entrance to this tavern is too small for food deliveries, that clearly means it has failed in one of its most important purposes. However, he isn't sure if removing the door is something he can safely do with his telekinesis - who knows what holds this place together? It might be that door, it might not. Timothy's not about to try and find out. He might hurt someone that way, after all. So he just puts the food on the ground and floats on through the inn. If he can't bring a mountain of food to this dude, he'll have to settle for bringing this dude to the mountain instead. Imperceptibly floating into the basement, he notices the fellow still seems to be working on something here. So he comes up with a distraction.

[Timothy's telekinesis roll: 6]

He tries to tug on one of the funny-looking crystals in the man's improvised lab, but his enthusiasm gets the better of him, and he accidentally yanks it out of the system a bit too suddenly and harshly. Well, maybe not a bit. A lot, from the looks of it. As soon as the crystal leaves the machine, the guy immediately looks its way, a look of surprise on his face. It quickly turns to dawning horror.

"Crap."

The apparatus Timothy pulled the crystal from immediately begins to spark and vibrate menacingly, the crystal's receptacle which Timothy upended and slightly deformed with his pull beginning to glow brightly. The man runs at the machine the instant he notices this, but he trips on his bedroll, flying face-first into the magical machinery right as the glow reaches its peak, then falling to the ground while clutching what must be a very broken nose. The dog begins to bark distortedly and shake, though it remains perfectly stiff and inarticulate while doing so.

And then, the machine explodes suddenly, blowing Timothy quite far backward (right through the wall of the basement and into the earth behind it, in fact) and causing him to drop the crystal, but causing no real damage. When he comes to a stop, he isn't quite sure how far he was blown away, actually.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:23:01 am by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:52 am »

((Ahahahaaaah, brilliant! :)) Oh, poor Timothy. He can't do anything right!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: February 05, 2014, 10:52:15 am »

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP", Kevin yelled.
He then turned to Mark, and shook him gently.
"Stitch my leg back on. Quickly."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:25 am »

Plate armor guy!
Trundle up to him and ask if he's a Mentor Miner or whatever that guy said.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28:56 am »

-Scott, come near me and stay still!

TM blast his head with air. That will hopefully extinguish the flames, as it is a concentrated burst of air. Or at least help it to cool it down

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43:29 am »

Plate armor guy!
Trundle up to him and ask if he's a Mentor Miner or whatever that guy said.

He snaps out of his speech immediately when you address him.

"Who? What? Did you say 'mentor miner'?"

You affirm that this is indeed what you said.

"What's a... oh, wait, a Minor Mentor, right? I suppose I am. Why do you ask?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: February 05, 2014, 11:47:54 am »

Because I'm a guy who wants to get a better body again. I used to have chair magic after I willed it into myself, but then my body got destroyed and I lost it. Then I got released from my soul bound slavery and I want to pursue my own goals! This starts with a new body, and I'm told you can get it here!
Also I signed that contract thing.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: February 05, 2014, 11:53:30 am »

Because I'm a guy who wants to get a better body again. I used to have chair magic after I willed it into myself, but then my body got destroyed and I lost it. Then I got released from my soul bound slavery and I want to pursue my own goals! This starts with a new body, and I'm told you can get it here!
Also I signed that contract thing.

"A new body? Well, I can see how you could use one, honestly. I've got this armorer a few floors up, I guess I could ask him to help you out. You sure you want me to be your Mentor, though? I'm not exactly in a good way right now, and I'd hate to screw you over down the line, to be frank."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: February 05, 2014, 11:55:52 am »

Why aren't you in a good way, though? You're wearing armor!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: February 05, 2014, 12:08:02 pm »

Why aren't you in a good way, though? You're wearing armor!

"I'd... rather not speak of it. It's a personal matter. You understand, right?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: February 05, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »

No, but I understand shame and such so I won't.
That said, why do you think you'd be a bad mentor?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: February 05, 2014, 02:59:09 pm »

No, but I understand shame and such so I won't.
That said, why do you think you'd be a bad mentor?

"I'm more than a bit preoccupied. I think you'll have better luck with the others. I mean, I can be your mentor, but I can't vouch for the quality of my mentoring, at least not right now. Personal issues and all that."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:49 pm »

Alright then. Who do you recommend?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: February 05, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »

Alright then. Who do you recommend?

"Of the people here? That's a good question, I guess. A very good question. My first instinct is to say Rosie," he says, pointing at the woman hanging from the ceiling. "She's the most active one right now, though she has many Initiates under her already. I think she'd give you way more jobs than I ever could."
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 719