Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540907 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8745 on: February 05, 2014, 03:42:42 pm »

Head over to the fat lady and get her attention.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:12 pm »

INTO DA WATER!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: February 05, 2014, 10:19:16 pm »

Glad to have gotten away from that rather impolite man, Morton figured he should try to find Kevin again. After all, if what he shouted was correct, that man cut off his leg! Quite distressing by all rights, hopefully he got away from that man.

~Group Gub, can you please inform me of where good jester Kevin is? I fear he may be in danger or in trouble because of his injury, is surgeon Mark anywhere in the city? I believe he may be able to fix him, hopefully.~

After a moment, the desk also tacked on another request.

~If you could, could you also inform me of when that rather impolite man is around? I don't wish to upset him again, nor be harmed. I'm still confused as to why he attacked me though, did I perhaps break a custom of his? Insult in him some way? I certainly didn't mean to, but I suppose if he wants his space I'll quite leave him with it.~

Ask Gub where Kevin and Mark are, also if Gub could warn Morton when Whip Man is close.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: February 06, 2014, 02:54:36 am »

Fix my friend up as having only one leg is a embarrassing condition also !!MEDICENE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: February 06, 2014, 08:53:18 am »

At one of Mothdale's mortuaries...

Kevin may have recently gone over his limit of truly distressing things that are allowed to happen to him over the course of a single day, so he can't really bear his current circumstances with too much grace, all things considered.

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" he yells at the gub, which may as well be nobody in particular as far as the outside observer is concerned. Looking quite unstable, he hops up to Mark and seeks aid, shaking his buddy gently.

"Stitch my leg back on. Quickly."

This is music to Mark's non-ears, and he gets to work the instant he is petitioned.

[Mark's "medicine" roll: 3+1]

He stitches the leg back on quickly and neatly, occasionally glancing at the bloody dolphin melee happening next to him. The job is simple enough to not need anything more than the smallest modicum of attention.

On a shipwreck-rich beach in Mothdale...

Sigmund tries to help Scott with his savage burning problem with a well-placed blast of air. But first he needs Scott to stay still.

"Scott, come near me and stay still!"

Sadly, Scott doesn't seem to hear this, possibly because his ears are too full of fire.

[Sigmund's aiming roll: 3-1]

He completely misses the spectral head, however, as Scott seems to be flipping out while trying to find water to submerge himself into.

[Scott's fire extinguishing roll: 1]

Being mostly blind right now and not blessed with a great spatial memory, he naturally fails, flying up into the air like some kind of screaming spectral fireworks display.

[Scott's will roll: 3-1]

Fortunately for Sigmund, Scott seems to be running out of strength to scream with, which will hopefully let him concentrate much better on extinguishing the silly bastard.

~we are not incredible experts of surface physics, sigmund! but we think a lack of air is not exactly scott's problem right now! now save him already! having one of you die within hours of granted independence will make this whole endeavor look very bad!~

In a lounge at the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, having been rebuked by one potential mentor, drags himself over to the fat lady and is about to try and get her attention, but she notices him without the need for such effort.

"What is this? A chair has entered my presence? You are brave, little chair. Most of your kind do well to fear me," her voice comes out of her humongous form as she ponderously turns mid-air and regards her visitor. She then laughs in a manner Niklas can't help but perceive as villainous. "Have you come to pay tribute in return for the safety of your family and business?" she continues, then starts to chuckle again. Her assorted cronies join in after a moment.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Morton figures he should stick with Kevin - sadly, he doesn't know where the fellow might be. But rather more excellently, he knows somebody who does.

~Group Gub, can you please inform me of where good jester Kevin is? I fear he may be in danger or in trouble because of his injury, is surgeon Mark anywhere in the city? I believe he may be able to fix him, hopefully.~

~good jester kevin has been fixed without issue and improvisation by surgeon mark! they are both at a mortuary not very far from here! we can guide you there if required!~

~If you could, could you also inform me of when that rather impolite man is around? I don't wish to upset him again, nor be harmed. I'm still confused as to why he attacked me though, did I perhaps break a custom of his? Insult in him some way? I certainly didn't mean to, but I suppose if he wants his space I'll quite leave him with it.~

~you seem to be made of evil and also set off some primal instinct to destroy in his mind! tell us about the evil within you! is there any that you are aware of? or are these sorts of things determined by external examination? also, if we spot him nearing your location, we will make sure to warn you of his presence!~

Well, this all seems to be working out well. Maybe the day holds potential for improvement!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:59:25 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: February 06, 2014, 08:58:48 am »

-I'm on it.

TM create air flow downwards, so that Scott is pushed into the water.

((Dammit, you tried to jump into the water and you failed! That should be the most incompetent thing that has ever happened))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: February 06, 2014, 09:01:42 am »

-I'm on it.

TM create air flow downwards, so that Scott is pushed into the water.

((Dammit, you tried to jump into the water and you failed! That should be the most incompetent thing that has ever happened))

One thing - Scott flew up into the air - beneath him is only sand. Also, Scott was rather blind at the moment and, being largely unaffected by gravity, with no good way to determine which way is down.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: February 06, 2014, 09:19:14 am »

((Our lives are perfect materiel for a comedy))

Mark asks for some popcorn and prepares some tools then watches the fight if one goes down !!MEDICINE!!them then send them back to the fight
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:39:55 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: February 06, 2014, 09:34:59 am »

((The air at least should guide him to the water, right?))

Action change:

Shout to Scott:

-Let the air guide you to the water!

Then TM cause air flow in a middle point between sideways and downwards so that Scott is pushed (or at least guided) into the water.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: February 06, 2014, 12:13:44 pm »

((The whipman has a primal instinct to murder PC's.))
"Good, now we have to get out of here, quickly. There's nobody here and the ones that are here are insane! With exception of us (me), I guess."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: February 06, 2014, 12:15:42 pm »

Plough into the sand to cut the fire off from the air.

((Air+Fuel/Scott + ignition/Scott =fire.
fire + air equals hotter fire.

Try to create a vacuum, don;t fuel my death D:))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:17:15 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:00 pm »

((The whipman has a primal instinct to murder PC's.))
"Good, now we have to get out of here, quickly. There's nobody here and the ones that are here are insane! With exception of us (me), I guess."

~don't be silly! leaving is strictly forbidden! besides, we've come up with a new job for you! temple officer! you must head for the temple of the death god! the priests shall receive you!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: February 06, 2014, 12:27:18 pm »

"Does being a temple officer of the death god involve death or re-death?"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:02 pm »

"Does being a temple officer of the death god involve death or re-death?"

~of course it does! it is a temple of a death god! a god is a kind of skyman! they do things that are related to their names!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: February 06, 2014, 12:37:29 pm »

"Does it involve MY death or re-death?"

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 719