Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542941 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8790 on: February 07, 2014, 09:39:04 pm »

Darren smiled. He had finally gotten back to normal. It had taken countless near re-death experiences, but he was finally back. This whole being undead thing was turning out better than he had thought it would.

Turn towards the kids, then try to do a relatively simple trick with telekinesis simultaneously with another trick done with hands.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: February 08, 2014, 08:21:04 am »

"Whatever."
Look for a high place to use as a vantage point and go there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: February 09, 2014, 01:57:02 am »

"Uh... Hello?"
Timothy ventured, his voice hardly more than a squeak. He didn't know what this creature was, or whether they'd be friendly.
He'd lost a fair bit of confidence lately when it came to meeting people, given recent events.
"I's a bit losted... you maybe helps me?"

>Nervously greet this being before me, then ask for directions.

>Be ready to fly away very, very quickly if it does something scary!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: February 09, 2014, 01:57:20 am »

((Edit: Arglbargl double post 504 error yarrrghh etc. etc. etc.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:13 am »

At a shipwreck-rich beach in Mothdale...

Sigmund, upon getting his intellect insulted, realizes that you're really a nobody until you have a tent to call your own, like a general's tent, or a war tent, or a lead researcher's tent! Tents do correspond to status, after all. And since nobody else has a tent, he doesn't even have to try very hard on his! With this in mind, he runs off to loot the ships. After obtaining a whole lot of sailcloth, sticks and chairs, he commences the construction of his tent, drafting plans in the sand, then acting on them in short order.

A bit of time passes, and he's got a tent! It's an unorthodox in its construction, Sigmund thinks, but he believes he's got most of the necessary things right - there's a central wooden tower, a delicately arranged entranceway, and even what he would say is a rather fetching set of wooden gargoyles decorating the facade. Proud of his work, he steps inside. And at just that moment, a stiff breeze decides to blow upon the magnificent structure, perhaps jealous of the works of man daring to approach those of the divinity in scope and beauty, and the entire thing promptly collapses onto Sigmund in a rather painful fashion, and his body makes several sudden cracks that Sigmund believes to lie squarely in the realm of not good.

Well, at least he's out of the sun.

Scott, who is still underground and still a mildly pulsating, amorphous lump of burnt ectoplasm, wonders how best to deal with his situation. The obvious course of action is to reverse it, definitely.

"Walk me through how to reform myself first, so I can be a better servant."

~what we know, you know! our information on the matter comes solely from your head! justine is uneducated on the matter!~

Oh well. Was worth a shot. Scott tries to reform himself on his own instead.

[Scott's reformation roll: 3-2]

It doesn't work, however, similarly to how it didn't work back on the ship when he tried to recreate his body. This is most disappointing.

~actually, your new appearance does not seem to impair you in any way! this is good to know!~

Inside the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas says that he'd love to prove that his culinary chops cannot be beaten, under the stipulation that he be provided a grasping limb, a pointy thing and some organic material.

"Agreed. Wait a few moments."

A few moments pass, and the fat woman nods.

"Let's go."

The room around Niklas seems to shatter, leaving behind a room empty of anything except a single, rather large uprooted tree and a steel end table with an awl resting atop it along with a metallic clawlike instrument. Niklas glances around him, and notices the Mentor floating next to him. She looks at Niklas and says "Begin," then disappears.

At one of Mothdale's mortuaries...

Mark figures that he shouldn't follow those dolphins lest he wind up endangering the lives of whatever dwells inside the canals. So he instead tries to make something interesting on his own.

[Mark's "medicine" roll: 1+1]

He can't quite drum up the inspiration to create a dragon - for one, he can't decide whether it would be more accurate to give it two legs or four. And how many pairs of wings should it have? Would it be serpentine or dinosaur-like? Most importantly, how would he make it breathe fire? A dragon without fire breath is no dragon at all as far as Mark is concerned, and he might as well not try rather than disgrace the intriguing ideas in his head.

In the streets of the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren, finally feeling like a proper magician after so long, tries his best to impress the kids by incorporating telekinesis into his acts, something he hadn't actually tried before. So, while doing a rather interesting coin trick with his hands, he also tries to perform another, simpler one in the air right above.

[Telekinesis roll: 4]

Fortunately for Darren, neither trick requires much thought on his part, and so it is rather simple to concentrate on his telekinetic abilities instead. The result is a seemingly impossible feat - a coin floating above Darren's hands splits into two smaller coins just as he smashes two other coins together with his hands. Visually impressive, and the way the coin floats in the air makes it easier to convey a sense of mystery as well as leave little room for obvious sleight of hand. The kids are quite impressed.

"How does he do that?"

"Magic, you dunce!"

"Not just magic, I think. Unless the coins are false, you can't freely transmute currency. At least, that's how it should be."

"Huh?"

"Impressive tricks. Not magic."

In a temple of Velusius...

Kevin, currently the victim of quite the bit of malaise, looks for some sort of high place to gain better visibility from. Sadly, though, he can't see any such place. Not that it would do much good - the hall itself is only two stories high, and seemingly empty of life and value. Quite the depressing place, all in all.

Deep, deep underground...

Timothy's telepathic communication having proven unfeasible, the ghost tries more conventional communication methods.

"Uh... Hello?" he squeaks quietly. "I's a bit losted... you maybe helps me?"

The creature shuffles a bit, then starts to emit a very unpleasant high-pitched sound and scratch at something in its vicinity. Timothy appropriately takes this as a cue to leave immediately, floating rapidly away and not looking back until he is very far away. So far away, in fact, that he seems to have reached some kind of room. It's very dark and seems decisively abandoned, but he can't really vouch for its exact contents in any way.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: February 09, 2014, 05:41:01 am »

((Wait, what's an awl? Xantalos sleepy and forgetful.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: February 09, 2014, 05:55:00 am »

Mark asks the Gub "Can I have something to fight, murder gets my creative juices flowing"[/color]
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: February 09, 2014, 05:59:39 am »

((Wait, what's an awl? Xantalos sleepy and forgetful.))

Awl!

Mark asks the Gub "Can I have something to fight, murder gets my creative juices flowing"[/color]

~any preferences on what exactly? how difficult would you like your adversary to be?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: February 09, 2014, 06:38:49 am »

Carefully look for any hidden knobs or doors.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: February 09, 2014, 06:52:22 am »

Timothy whimpered softly to himself as he peered fearfully about these new surroundings, shaken by all these things going wrong.
"I not likes dis, not likes dis at alls..."[/color
He cleared his ghostly throat and spoke up, unable to keep a quaver from his voice, "...Hello?"

>Greet the seemingly deserted room, see if anyone responds. If not, explore the room.

>If someone does respond in well, a scary manner- fly away, real quick-like. Upwards! If I can work out which plane is the floor of the room, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: February 09, 2014, 08:43:41 am »

Pull myself out of the tent. Grab sailcloth and use it to cover myself from the Sun. Determine how broken I am.

((This is becoming an endemic quality of Sigmund: getting his plans torn apart time after time))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: February 09, 2014, 08:53:58 am »

"Yes yes...etc"

Scott will test the distance of his power and try to light one of the more distant wrecks.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: February 09, 2014, 09:06:28 am »

Conditional action:

If Sigmund gets on fire, cast the repel air spell on himself as he runs to the sea.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: February 09, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »

[Arg-blarg.]

~Very well then, good group Gub, I'd be more than happy to help. I'm sure good jester Kevin is in good hands and good health.~ Optimism! Optimism despite what past experiences say! The butler does really hope the ex-jester is okay.

~If you wouldn't mind, perhaps after I clean the tavern could I head back onto my group's ship? I made some tea on there that I'd like to check on, although I suppose by now it may have gone bad... Ah, that would be a dreadful shame if so. I was hoping to surprise Justine, Captain, and Scott with it. Oh, do don't tell them of that if you would, I'd like to keep it at least a bit of a surprise. How long was I incapacitated?~

Follow Gub's directions to Tavern, give it a good thorough look over and search for cleaning supplies or perhaps things that could be made into makeshift supplies!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: February 09, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »

Conditional action:

If Sigmund gets on fire, cast the repel air spell on himself as he runs to the sea.
((Ye of little faith))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 719