Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542932 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8850 on: February 13, 2014, 03:16:24 pm »

((1 out of 3 chance of overshooting, and yet we never were totally unable to move or anything))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:14 pm »

~Do you have a job position for not doing anything officer?~

~yes! but you are unfit to have it presently!~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: February 13, 2014, 06:00:02 pm »

"Come on siggy. Not many survive surgery. Albiet most people want a leg or an arm removed, but so what? You got a brand new body...you are even ALIVE AGAIN!!! Do you know how much offense you cause to the non-living like me to see you complain about a completely viable...and attractive... form like yours?"

Burn another hulk from this distance...to highlight his statement.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: February 13, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »

Sigmund will scream to Mark, using his different vocal apparatuses:

-Mark! Come here you bastard! Why did you even think about making me something as impractical as this! I can't fly, I can't even walk! Have you ever tried doing these things to yourself? Have you? No? Well, it feels horrible. How am I supposed to be able to coordinate eleven legs? I can't even stand up because I don't have arms! So, come here you psychopath. Come here and make me something in which at least I could move! FIX ME!

The last sentence in all caps is pronounced with all his means to pronounce things.
Mark thinks "Damn can't anyone like my help it's awesome" then gets to work fixing it so he has ten legs and can move well with more !!MEDICINE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: February 14, 2014, 01:59:36 am »

~You know, I think I wouldn't make a terribly great temple officer~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: February 14, 2014, 06:16:01 am »

-And don't forget about the arms. Dammit, why do I keep resorting to you? Anyway, you idiot, if you have at lest a bit of mental power you will make me into something practical at least.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: February 14, 2014, 10:23:17 am »

((Guessing Sigmund is ignoring Scott then? :P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: February 14, 2014, 11:32:08 am »

~You know, I think I wouldn't make a terribly great temple officer~

~that is because you are silly and mostly useless while we are smart and know exactly what your best uses are! now cease your whining and get to it!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: February 14, 2014, 11:46:08 am »

~I don't even know what I'm supposed to get to!~
"But damn if I'm not going to get that bastard priest back."
Attempt to sing at the resonant frequency of the temple.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: February 14, 2014, 11:48:33 am »

((Guessing Sigmund is ignoring Scott then? :P))
((It is mostly because he has more important matters to attend to, like trying to get back his ability to move. And also I don't understand what shenanigans is Scott trying to pull))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: February 14, 2014, 03:10:25 pm »

((He like likes you. :3 Either that or he is planning on possessing your wicked cool body....50/50 odds on that one >>)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:58 pm »

Inside a mostly empty room...

Niklas tries to mold the mulch into something more appealing to the eye and soul, like a half-bear-half-walrus.

[Niklas' sculpting roll: 5]

Utilizing the various resins and sap contained in the mulch, Niklas realizes he can do some pretty mean sculpting with this stuff - in no time at all, he has a very respectable-looking statue of the hideous lovechild of a northern bear and a walrus. It menaces the entire room with its tusks and shining coat rather exquisitely, Niklas must say. Definitely the best sculpture he's done yet - it has the exactly right proportions of bear and walrus in its features that you can't really tell where one ends and the other begins. Particularly fine are the finned feet of the sculpture, which fill Niklas with thoughts of naval adventure and violent inland expeditions filled with equal parts foraging and looting.

At the shipwreck-rich beach of Mothdale...

Sigmund, to put it mildly, is pissed.

"Mark! Come here, you bastard! Why did you even think about making me something as impractical as this! I can't fly, I can't even walk! Have you ever tried doing these things to yourself? Have you? No? Well, it feels horrible. How am I supposed to be able to coordinate eleven legs? I can't even stand up because I don't have arms! So, come here, you psychopath. Come here and make me something in which at least I could move! FIX ME!" he screams at Mark, who has failed him in ways so terrible, they are hardly worth recounting again, with all the varied colorful voices he possesses. The tirade is withering enough for Mark to actually begin considering the virtues of minimalist design a little. That is, before he mentally denounces it as blasphemy and thinks about how best to compromise here.

Scott, who feels like he is in the middle of this argument despite nobody so much as acknowledging his presence, attempts to mediate.

"Come on, Siggy. Not many survive surgery. Albeit most people want a leg or an arm removed, but so what? You got a brand new body... you are even ALIVE AGAIN!!! Do you know how much offense you cause to the non-living like me to see you complain about a completely viable... and attractive... form like yours?" he says to Sigmund rather creepily and unhelpfully. When Sigmund doesn't deem it fit to answer, Scott feels the need to demonstrate that he has feelings as well.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 4]

A small fire starts on one of the distant ships, and soon the vessel is almost entirely aflame. Yes! That is suitably dramatic, Scott thinks! And he's also sort of doing his job. It's like he's multitasking or something.

Mark, meanwhile, decides that he probably should let Sigmund have what he wants for now, even if his demands are so unreasonable. So he wipes off his tools a little to get some of the dried viscera off and goes right back into the fray.

[Mark's "medicine" roll: 4+1]

He promptly removes a single leg, the least symmetrical one, from Sigmund's body, sealing up the spot where it was attached until one can't very well say if there was a leg there in the first place at all. Sigmund finds that it doesn't really seem to be helping, as ten legs are only slightly less impossible to keep track of at once than eleven. Still, if he could run in the first place, he guesses it would be a definite improvement, though he can't say for sure. But since right now he doesn't feel very improved at all, he resolves to keep nagging in the hopes that things will get better eventually.

"And don't forget about the arms. Dammit, why do I keep resorting to you? Anyway, you idiot, if you have at lest a bit of mental power you will make me into something practical at least."

Mark is starting to find it difficult to see why he has to take this kind of guff from a guy he made into a dragon, honestly.

In a temple of Velusius...

Kevin, upon getting chastised for being so dang unenthusiastic, hopes to achieve something on this go around. After remarking on his driving motivation of vengeance upon a crazy man who lives in a temple, he attempts to sing slightly differently than usual. To sing like one with absolute truth in his voice and the power to abolish lies and the ones that perpetrate, but most of all to bring any and all houses of unpleasantness like this one down into the ashes where they belong.

[Kevin's singing roll: 5-2]

He tests out a variety of pitches he can produce, not having to worry about silly things like keeping his throat together and working unlike most mortal singers, and eventually he thinks he hears something crack! Granted, it looks to be a glass that somebody left lying on one of the pews, but it's a start!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: February 14, 2014, 06:40:03 pm »

Sigmund somewhat reconsidered how he treated Mark. He was his only hope from being able to even move again, so he tried a different approach:

-Hey, I know that you like doing these things, but there are ways to do this that don't involve other people. Could you put me in a more manageable body at least? I don't care anymore if it is horrifying or not, I just want to move.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: February 14, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »

Niklas struggles to remember what he had made this magnificent structure for.
Wait, it was for a judge, right? Yeah, that floating fat lady! What she wanted with a frustration-embued bear walrus statue, he didn't know, but he wasn't going to conceal this masterpiece from anyone.

HEY FLOATING LADY I'M DONE!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: February 14, 2014, 08:19:24 pm »

Sigmund somewhat reconsidered how he treated Mark. He was his only hope from being able to even move again, so he tried a different approach:

-Hey, I know that you like doing these things, but there are ways to do this that don't involve other people. Could you put me in a more manageable body at least? I don't care anymore if it is horrifying or not, I just want to move.
Hmmmm more !!MEDICENE!! might help to allow him to move.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 719