Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542669 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8895 on: February 16, 2014, 04:13:34 pm »

Grasp that source!

Mentally or physically?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: February 16, 2014, 05:18:27 pm »

DAMN YOU WOODEN SKELETON! BURN!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: February 16, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »

Hm, that is rather curious. Possibly helpful later, should such a need come to pass. But he refocuses on the now, he needs to maintain his concentration.

Morton now does the single thought chant, his focus being imagining himself with various chips, gouges, and wounds of varying severity but watching them knit and seal, leaving behind a pristine surface as if the wound was never there. He even imagines bits of himself being cut off and then being reattached or regrowing.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: February 16, 2014, 09:28:19 pm »

sorry glitched on me action below
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:33:46 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: February 16, 2014, 09:29:48 pm »

DAMN YOU WOODEN SKELETON! BURN!
((Are really attacking a metal skeleton who is incredibly creative and has a list of impossible success stories and the favor of our master and which you are soul bound not to attack. Good luck with that  :P))

go down to the water and chill for a bit telling the Gub "On Break"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

[Nah, he's talking about the wooden skeleton of the ship that he failed to ignite rather anticlimactically.

EDIT: I think. It makes sense to me that's what he's talking about.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: February 17, 2014, 03:35:16 am »

[Nah, he's talking about the wooden skeleton of the ship that he failed to ignite rather anticlimactically.

EDIT: I think. It makes sense to me that's what he's talking about.]
(('Dis.
I love melodrama. The dice must pay.))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: February 17, 2014, 12:17:44 pm »

Inside a temple of Velusius...

Kevin tries to speak, shifting himself in various ways and trying to vocalize as best as he can - however, he doesn't seem to be able to make any sound at all with his throat - something seems to be very wrong with it now. This is most unfortunate.

At the shipwreck-rich beach of Mothdale...

Sigmund tests out his new limb-hat, and finds it to be most stylish, if woefully inadequate at grabbing things, being composed of legs, wings and tongues sewn together with much regard for fashion and little for practicality. Thus disappointed, he decides to pop off and explore the town, slinking off the beach and hitting the streets. Rolling absently through crossroads and not bothering with trying to find any particular way to go, he ponders the town - there do appear to be quite a few residents living here, even if the town looks mostly empty. They invariably look very vacant, and many appear to be singing at the moment.

The townspeople, of course, only make up a certain proportion of residents - there also appear to be ratlike people and very strange dogs walking around the streets. Occasionally Sigmund passes by a whole bunch of buildings that seem to have burned down. From the looks of it, he's guessing some kind of popular revolution happened, and he suspects he would see a guillotine or something if he rolled far enough.

Scott, meanwhile, tries to get that dang shipwreck to light up! He finds that the inspiration isn't coming to him, though, and neither is any melodrama! Truly these are dark times, and they begin to appear darker still when he notices that Sigmund appears to have buggered off someplace while he wasn't looking. Also, that other skeleton, Mark, seems to be sitting by the seaside doing absolutely nothing while he is trying to get something done here! Truly, life is quite unfair right now.

In a mostly empty room...

Intrigued by this small point of light, Niklas tries two methods of grasping it that come to mind - first, with his leg hand. He puts the awl away and moves it to the point, and the feeling of something coursing through him becomes stronger still, like a violent shaking of his very soul, in fact. And though this is a slightly desirable result, Niklas does believe he wants more out of this. So he tries to mentally engage whatever curious enchantment might be in place here, attempting to grasp it with his mind.

[Niklas' will roll: 6]

This seems to have been exactly what he wanted - the very act of attempting this seems to make the very room shake violently, and the stone of the walls becomes, he finds, unquestionably his, in a way. His mind experiences a strange sort of high as he becomes mentally one with the wall, his stone prison becoming a veritable extension of his own body. As he rides out the feeling of becoming far, far more than he was before, he notices the shaking of the walls intensify, the stone construction practically bursting with ill intent stemming from his mind.

He suspects this will end in a way that is nothing short of miraculous, to be honest.

On the Second Shank...

Disregarding the voice for now, Morton commences the Single Thought Chant, tuning his mind to the very specific concept of healing oneself through continued renewal. The image becomes stronger with each chanted syllable, and the sound of the gub's whispers quickly fades away, as do any considerations of his surroundings. The specifics of the healing meld together over time, crystallizing into a single concept that encapsulates the basics, as anything other than that is beyond the scope of the Single Thought Chant. Still, it's not like Morton is in any position to mind overmuch.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: February 17, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

Singing? The Gub mentioned that. May this be what happens to those who don't obey the Gub? It assimilates them into itself? He had to know exactly what happened here.

Keep rolling throuh the city, determine if the burned houses belong to a particular social caste, or if there is anything similar between them. Revolutions are carried for those on the lower castes to those of the upepr ones.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: February 17, 2014, 12:40:13 pm »

"Gubber McGubbingson! I need to rest or distract myself, is there anything interesting in town?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:33 pm »

"Gubber McGubbingson! I need to rest or distract myself, is there anything interesting in town?"

No intelligible answer, strangely enough.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: February 17, 2014, 12:44:24 pm »

YES! I CAN FEEL THE POWER! IT'S UNLIMITED! AHAHAHAHA!

Exult in feeling of power, but make sure I keep control of it!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: February 17, 2014, 12:50:35 pm »

~Fucking great. Anything you can do about THIS?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:46 pm »

~Fucking great. Anything you can do about THIS?~

Also no answer!
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 719