Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540906 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8910 on: February 17, 2014, 12:54:14 pm »

THIS IS MY CHANCE.
Grab the wizard stone.
Squeeze it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:59 pm »

Huh...I guess I can slack off then.
Scott will head into town and find something of interest...Interesting architecture, old moldy books...small mating animals...you know...anything eye catching.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »

THIS IS MY CHANCE.
Grab the wizard stone.
Squeeze it.

Lizzie's voice suddenly rings out in your head. It sounds altogether preferable to the voice of the gub.

~Hi, Kevin. I was just wondering when you'd finally call me up.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:19 pm »

~Well, calling you up while I had some sort of hivemind threatening to revoke my free-will privileges didn't seem like the best idea.~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: February 17, 2014, 01:32:13 pm »

~Well, calling you up while I had some sort of hivemind threatening to revoke my free-will privileges didn't seem like the best idea.~

~Sure sounds like you've been having fun without me, Kevin. How's life, anyway?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: February 17, 2014, 02:32:56 pm »

~I'm looking for a job, but apparently I'm not good at anything beyond being absolutely gorgeous and murder. And singing, until a few minutes ago. I pissed off some guy with acid jars while trying to bartend, and I've been trying to figure out what exactly I have to do to become temple officer for a while. Quite literally sang my lungs out, sadly. Or at least the undead demonic equivalent thereof.~
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:34:31 pm by miauw62 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34:13 pm »

~I'm looking for a job, but apparently I'm not good at anything beyond being absolutely gorgeous and murder. I pissed off some guy with acid jars while trying to bartend, and I've been trying to figure out what exactly I have to do to become temple officer for a while. Quite literally sang my lungs out, sadly. Or at least the undead demonic equivalent thereof.~

~Hm... are you on break right now?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: February 17, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »

~Well, the hivemind seems to be sleeping or something, else I wouldn't dare contact you. The priest climbed up the walls, so I guess I'm on sort of a break. I'd love to get out of here, for a start.~

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: February 17, 2014, 08:40:39 pm »

Alright, time for the final chant! Soon the enchantment will be ready!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: February 17, 2014, 09:12:39 pm »

Mark heads back into the city and looks around for any interesting places or people
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:02 am »

Darren puts his tools away and bows.
"A tip would be fine, but, would any of you be interested in getting a pet? A woman I know is seeking homes for some animals, and there's probably an animal for each of you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:18 am »

((Just a quick action.))

Timothy was worried and uncertain. He wanted to know where that fellow was, if he was hurt or needed help, but what if he was mad at Timothy? He'd been doing magic-y stuff after all, he might be able to hurt him. The ghost mightn't even have a chance to explain away the misunderstanding before, who knows, getting turned into a ghost-toad or something.
Still, Timothy really did want to make friends with someone after all this effort.
He felt really bad about the whole ordeal, too... time for some damage control.

>Ensure my invisibility is on and then float slowly closer, scanning the area for any signs of life other than the dog-thing.

>Inspect this 'hole'- is it a mundane sort of hole, or does it lead to one of those Other places?
If I can't see any movement after a short while, float upwards and check if anyone's coming to investigate the explosion from elsewhere in Blynn.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: February 18, 2014, 04:02:51 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Idly rolling through the streets, Sigmund considers the burned houses, and concludes that he can't determine much about them - there isn't anything at all left, just black piles of ash that the wind blows every which way at regular intervals. Presumably the inhabitants of said homes died horrible deaths at the hands of an angry mob of some kind, or, who knows, maybe they were burned alive inside. It's definitely a mystery he can't resolve without the glorious power of limbs, he supposes.

He is also rather disappointed when he spots no guillotines or bloodstained headsman's blocks on his roll through town. Maybe the noblemen were all taken down without due process? That'd make it a somewhat savage revolution, he guesses.

In a mostly empty room...

Niklas tries to strike a careful balance between exulting in his obviously deserved power and trying to make sure he doesn't inadvertently do something violent and wildly stupid with it as usual. He believes he may have grown quite a bit as a person since the last time he was granted power of a similar magnitude, and that this will somehow help.

[Niklas' will roll: 1]

His belief is proven to be woefully, tragically, completely mistaken when he feels the walls of the room lurch, then crack, then half-explode and half-disintegrate, the shards of wall flying right at him, enveloping him in a mosaic-like statue of a chair with only two legs, like an outer stony shell of some kind. It has the twin deficiencies of being completely impossible to move inside of and having no way of standing upright.

And that's not even taking into account the fact that the floor, walls and ceiling of the room are gone now, which leads him to fall about a single floor and hit another stone floor, which affects his stone shell in no palpable way whatsoever.

Strangely, he can actually see what's around him from inside the shell - he seems to have landed in some sort of room filled with bunk beds and surprised people, none of which he seems to have squished accidentally in his descent.

At the sunny beach of Mothdale...

Scott and Mark, having nothing better to do, head back into the city on their own separate paths, the gub's mental presence being insufficient to presently stop them.

Scott is lucky enough to find a house. It reminds him a little of his own old house. Very nice to look at.

Mark is similarly fortunate, in that he finds a silver coin lodged in the fingers of a dead body lying in a basement he happened to look into - all but the basement itself are appropriated for personal use in short order.

In a temple of Velusius...

Kevin thinks he would like to get out of here, thank you very much.

~Well, the hivemind seems to be sleeping or something, else I wouldn't dare contact you. The priest climbed up the walls, so I guess I'm on sort of a break. I'd love to get out of here, for a start.~

~Easily done.~

Kevin's surroundings take on a liquid nature within seconds, then reform into a colorless gas, then a massive cloud of pure white in what seems like a very dramatic, yet completely natural transformation, which then reverses itself, with Kevin finding himself in what looks like some sort of stone terrace. The architecture and furniture, all of which seems incredibly solid, monolithic and lacking in ornamentation as well as rich in vegetation growing in the cracks, evoke a sense of ancient history, or maybe even prehistory. From the terrace, which seems to be placed as high up from the ground as Kevin has ever been, the ex-jester spies somewhat untamed vegetation dotted with signs of limited destruction as far as the eye can see, with the exception of what appears to be a far-off small town.

Next to him stands a solid black silhouette of a woman wearing a bluish-white robe. It turns and speaks to him.

"Nice place, isn't it?"

On the Second Shank...

Morton, now in the final third of the chanting process, begins the Empty Mind Chant, and soon (subjectively, anyway - it's difficult to tell how much time has actually passed) thinks of absolutely nothing apart from the idea of healing, which bounces around in his mind, echoing so powerfully that it drowns out pretty much everything else. Though his senses have not been taken, he sees nothing, hears nothing and feels nothing. His mind is numb, allowing it to focus purely on one concept, to bring it into reality with nothing but the driving desire to do so.

He is ready.

In the streets of the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren decides now would be the time to spring the sales pitch on these children. He puts away the tools of his trade and bows to the kids, who look surprised.

"A tip would be fine, but, would any of you be interested in getting a pet? A woman I know is seeking homes for some animals, and there's probably an animal for each of you."

"Depends on details," the laconic one says first.

"A pet? I dunno, maybe, I guess."

"I have to agree with my friend - it does depend on certain details, such as who this woman might be and other facts."

"Wait... woman... pets... you mean the crazy lady, right? My mom told me to stay away from that pet store she's got!"

"That doesn't fill me with confidence about the prospect."

Outside Blynn's finest ruined tavinn...

Timothy, after making sure of his invisibility, floats closer to the hole - no signs of life are immediately apparent, though the ruins don't seem entirely silent. Part of it is the dog, of course, but Timothy can detect some other sound within as well, though it is not easily discernible enough to pinpoint exactly what or where it is.

The hole itself seems like a perfectly normal perfectly round hole in the ground that a good portion of a tavinn has collapsed into, by the way. Timothy can still see the surface of the table he unwisely messed with, actually. Still, with no signs of movement, he decides to float up and see if anybody's coming to investigate. After a bit of vertical ascension, he notices... nobody, pretty much. Nobody except the familiar figure of that dog owner's main squeeze, who appears to be rushing this way rapidly from the rough direction of center of Blynn.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: February 18, 2014, 04:06:00 pm »

Figures. HEY! HEY OTHER PEOPLE. HELP!

Try to get them to assist me, and attempt to will the stone covering off me in the meantime.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:23 pm »

Continue rolling. Try to find the place where the Artiste is. Go on a random direction in case of crossroadsphobia
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 719