Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542701 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8925 on: February 18, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »

Scott shall explore the house for lost goodies.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: February 18, 2014, 07:37:05 pm »

Mark is similarly fortunate, in that he finds a silver coin lodged in the fingers of a dead body lying in a basement he happened to look into - all but the basement itself are appropriated for personal use in short order.
((Siggy also good to see Mark still has his adventurer instincts))

Mark goes through the town on the look out for more interesting things
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18:28 pm »

"Oh noes!"
Timothy couldn't stop a frightened squeak from escaping his throat as he saw the lady running in his direction. She was gonna be so mad with him-- he had to act fast!

>Quickly, telekinetically dig whatever's left of that magical fellow out of the wreckage!

>Use my powers of helpfulness to put him back together before his lady-friend gets over here!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: February 19, 2014, 01:38:02 am »

Morton is ready, and he is willing. The desk will now enchant himself with regeneration/healing!

[Wonder how this is gonna go. Never enchanted outside of a day turn.]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:41:57 am by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »

On the floor of some sort of dormitory area...

Niklas tries to get other people to help as directly as possible - by simply asking, of course!

"Figures. HEY! HEY OTHER PEOPLE. HELP!" he says, but it doesn't seem to carry over too well, as the people only seem to either gape at him or just leave as quickly as possible. They are, in fact, just as helpful as one might expect people who were just interrupted in whatever kind of sleep they may have been having here.

Some of them seem to ask rather important-looking questions, but Niklas finds it difficult to hear them through all this stone.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund keeps on rolling through the town, looking for the Artiste - he eventually concludes that somebody who is important like the Artiste should also be in the most important-looking location - simple logic, really. And the most important-looking location is none other than the tower he was tied to earlier during his tenure as airmaster! So he heads that way, eventually reaching the rather grassy space all around it - much to his dismay, the large doors leading inside appear to be closed, and he lacks any hands to open them with. And he felt like he was on to something, too! Drat!

Elsewhere, Mark also searches for various things and people of interest - his searches are rewarded with the rather interesting sight of a dancing man in the middle of the street. On his face is an expression of pure, unadulterated fear, presumably at the pack of dolphins surrounding him, one of which appears rather unusual in its looks. The dolphins look his way and seem to almost sneer. The man also glances Mark's way, but seems rather occupied with what appears to be an actual matter of life and death.

Outside a very familiar-looking house...

Scott, quite interested in the house so much like the one he remembered (even similar in its level of dilapidation!), heads right in and looks for loot, even though he requires constant concentration to even attempt to carry any goodies in the first place. Regardless of this, though, he keeps searching, and eventually finds a rather interesting-looking box in the basement - it looks to be some sort of large puzzle box, with lots of intricate mechanisms worked into its surface. Wonderful workmanship, though it looks pretty damn heavy to Scott.

Outside a ruined tavinn of Blynn...

Timothy isn't really reassured by the lady's reappearance on the horizon - he's got to sort this out quickly, that much is clear, and so floats down and tries to dig out that fellow from the rubble - hopefully there would be something left of him, yes?

[Timothy's telekinesis roll: 4]

He lifts a piece of ruined tavinn off the neighborhood of the table that the fellow was last seen at and, lo and behold, the fellow is there! Very much alive, and though his legs seem to have been rather terribly crushed by the collapsing tavinn, he seems to be in no danger of being otherwise! Hooray! He seems rather surprised and suspicious at being dug out, as well as moved to saying rather impolite words about his predicament. This does not deter Timothy from being helpful, though - in fact, he decides that now is a good time to use that helpfulness power he has. Pointing his finger dramatically at the crippled man, he projects pure helpfulness in outrageous quantities, hoping that's actually how you make it happen.

However, it works out a little differently than hoped, Timothy finds - rather than everything suddenly fixing itself in a reasonable way, a ramp with a railing suddenly materializes at the bottom of the pit, leading up out into the streets. This mystifies the man further - one has to guess that this is a day he will remember as one of the stranger ones.

On the Second Shank...

Morton, currently feeling as single-minded as anyone, finally moves on to the last part of the enchanting process - the actual enchantment. Focusing inward, he applies his thoughts of healing to his own frame in a forceful manner.

[Morton's enchantment roll: 3]

After a period of concentration, Morton certainly feels like something's changed a bit, that his body is now more in sync with his mental image. It feels a bit incomplete, however. Less powerful.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: February 19, 2014, 01:09:33 pm »

((Wait, fuck, my turn didn't get sent? Damnit, b12.))
~Very nice indeed, but not like any castle I've visited before.~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: February 19, 2014, 01:13:05 pm »

((Wait, fuck, my turn didn't get sent? Damnit, b12.))
~Very nice indeed, but not like any castle I've visited before.~

She doesn't seem to have heard you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: February 19, 2014, 01:23:29 pm »

Kevin tries to produce a sound, a wail or half-hearted screech will do, and then points to his throat.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: February 19, 2014, 01:29:34 pm »

Kevin tries to produce a sound, a wail or half-hearted screech will do, and then points to his throat.

You can't make any sounds, and she seems a little confused.

"Are you feeling okay, Kevin? You seem very quiet."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:29 pm »

Question: Does Morton still feel the effects of the chants on him currently? Do they seem to be fading at all or anything?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:53 pm »

Try to tell her that I can't speak through interpretative dance.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: February 19, 2014, 01:55:37 pm »

Try to thrash about.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: February 19, 2014, 02:11:07 pm »

Question: Does Morton still feel the effects of the chants on him currently? Do they seem to be fading at all or anything?

They aren't fading just yet, and do last for a while.

Try to tell her that I can't speak through interpretative dance.

Do you wish to do so through interpretive dance?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: February 19, 2014, 02:36:19 pm »

((Now to hope I don't fall off the tower.))
Yes.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: February 19, 2014, 05:25:50 pm »

Scott will try to work the puzzle box.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 719