Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542703 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8985 on: February 22, 2014, 07:22:21 pm »

[Urgh, this is a tough choice. Morton's life is on a clock, I can feel it, but at the same time ignoring whatever that is could just push him to death sooner.

Main idea so far is enchanting the old tea further to wash away any magical properties of an object it splashes on. Best bet I got and I'm not a betting man, I don't trust my luck.]

While Morton feels haste is of the matter, the chants still take some time, and he may not have it considering whatever bumped the ship. The butler mentally debated continuing on and checking out whatever bumped the ship for a short while before ultimately resigning that at the worst it will just be a slight delay.

The desk quickly, and quietly if possible, heads to the deck (with his tea making supplies) to see what bumped the ship. The tea apostle hopes that it isn't anything dangerous.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: February 22, 2014, 07:48:44 pm »

Mark shall beat this new contender who is trying to cheat in the ancient ways of the dance off

((I feel sorry for novices in chuch if Mark becomes a god "Here is a statue of Mark the Undead doctor, God of !!MEDICINE!! second chances and Dance" Novice:"lolwat"))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: February 22, 2014, 09:09:25 pm »

"She's not dangerous to you, whether you're ghosts or citizens, unless you make her angry. She's actually a very nice lady, when she's feeling okay."
Keep the sales pitch going.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: February 23, 2014, 04:10:29 am »

~Is it dangerous?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: February 23, 2014, 06:38:33 am »

Examine the thing more closely.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: February 23, 2014, 07:20:48 am »

~Is it dangerous?~

~I don't think so. I've tried it a few times, though I can't vouch for the long-term effects.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: February 23, 2014, 07:46:10 am »

~Alright then, let's do it.~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: February 23, 2014, 03:04:59 pm »

In the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas feels quite capable of getting somebody to help him. He is, after all, notoriously lovable.

His first attempt to go up to someone is interrupted by his complete inability to walk, given how he is still trapped in a block of stone shards his new mistress had been too lazy to peel off. Nevertheless, he perseveres, shouting for someone nearby to come closer, since he is highly unlikely to bite in his current state.

Sadly, though, people seem intent on avoiding him for some reason. Maybe being a shouting rock isn't a desirable quality people look for in new friends these days.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund, struck by a sudden sense of imminent doom, decides to run from the goofy slime that appears to want him dead. Or, to be exact, roll away in a speedy fashion.

[Sigmund's escape roll: 2-1]
[Cloud Jelly's pursuit roll: 4-1]

Sigmund tries to roll away, but the jelly proves faster, slinking toward him in a dreadfully slow, yet nonetheless dreadful and inescapable fashion.

[Cloud Jelly vs. Sigmund: 1 vs. 1-1]

The jelly puts one of its edges on Sigmund, which makes Sigmund's flesh tingle for reasons that Sigmund dares not guess. And what's more, Art seems to have decided to go the other way, presumably having decided that a battle between a giant worm and a slime is something he had best not witness.

Elsewhere, a battle of a different nature ensues as Mark tries to dance his adversary into submission.

[Danceoff: Mark vs. McStrange: 5-1 vs. 2]

And though the strange dolphin has the advantage of knowing what the beat is, it simply does not have the grace, style and panache of a proper dance duelist, and once Mark has studied its movements sufficiently, it proves very easy to beat indeed, as Mark, unlike his opponent, has had time to truly warm up first. As the strange dolphin shrinks back, knowing that it and all its brethren have been defeated as soundly as asthmatic children in a 100 meter sprint, shrieks in a manner most horrid and lunges at Mark.

[McStrange vs. Mark: 2+1+1+1 vs. 4+2+1]

Mark, however, simply steps aside as the dolphin flies past him. They appear to be sore losers, hm. Just as he considers his best method of dealing with such insufferable behavior, he notices another dolphin, one with a very prominent beak, rocketing at him from its previous position in a way that makes him seriously consider scavenging its tail muscles after he's done with these creatures.

[Beakley vs. Mark: 3+1+1+3 vs. 4+3]

This one is much more difficult to dodge, but Mark somehow manages to duck in a timely enough fashion, dropping to the ground, then getting back up like it wasn't no thing. His eyes rest on the third dolphin, who seems to be baring its teeth and making screechy noises. After a moment of this, it also tries to leap at Mark, but its mighty lunge proves insufficient to reach him, and it has to content itself with a standing attack instead.

[Screechy vs. Mark: 6+1+1 vs. 1+3]

But this does not seem to bother it too much, as it merely locks its jaws around Mark's right leg, then rips it right off, ball joint and everything, with its preternatural anger-assisted dolphin strength, which is something Mark most certainly did not expect. Mark notices a very satisfied gleam in its eyes as the dolphin begins to swing the leg around menacingly, apparently intent on harming Mark with it further.

On the Second Shank...

Morton perhaps unwisely decides to use his listening abilities to go and check what that bumping sound was - given that this strait led into the Sea of Death, he would say that it can't have been anything good. So he shuffles up the stairs and out onto the deck, taking his tea supplies along in case of trouble.

Looking over the side of the ship, he quickly notices what appears to be a some kind of strange, organic mound placed next to the ship - swimming around it appear to be walruses. For some reason, he gets a bad feeling - he isn't sure why. Walruses aren't known to be ominous portents or anything, at least not usually.

In the engineers' quarter of the City of the Dead...

Darren tries to convince the kids that there is nothing to be afraid of from the weird pet store lady aside from her being weird.

"She's not dangerous to you, whether you're ghosts or citizens, unless you make her angry. She's actually a very nice lady, when she's feeling okay."

"That actually applies to most ghosts around here. Question is, how often is she feeling okay and how easy is it to anger her?"

"Indeed."

"Yeah, is she one of those moody ghosts?"

"Moody ghosts are real dangerous, my mom says!"

In a dark basement...

Scott goes closer to examine the glowy center - he concludes that it looks very glowy indeed. It's difficult to see much of it, given how it is mostly obscured by the box. It does look pretty mystical from here, though. Wonder what it might be? And why is its light flickering so softly and almost imperceptibly?

It's a mystery currently, he supposes.

In a guest receiving area of Lizzie's mistress...

Kevin doesn't need much convincing to take part in Lizzie's experiment - after all, she's trustworthy, right?

~Alright then, let's do it.~

~Okay, here goes.~

Suddenly, Kevin is overwhelmed by a very painful sensation spreading through his body, followed by a very pronounced sense of loss as his soul is ripped out of his body, flowing into Lizzie. The next minute or so is... unclear. Visions play back in her mind. He remembers the subjects - there would be some crossing over of bits, as the separation could not be enforced completely afterwards. She feels very confused by the sudden duality of his past experience. And staring at his prone body on the ground, its soul so forcefully removed, was a bit disquieting as well - she had miscalculated a bit. That's what happens when you practice with fortified servants, obviously, he thinks disdainfully.

She should try to separate them soon, though. Otherwise there might be more mixing than he desires, as interesting and new as the current state may be. If this works out without issue, it would be interesting to repeat. Perhaps the physiological losses that undeath entailed were highly desirable indeed if they paved the way to something like this. The emptiness of lovers' rhetoric about unity is more apparent than ever now.

What's happening to her? Why is his body over there? This was supposed to not be dangerous, man! It looks pretty dangerous from here! He looks pretty dead! Hm... it is probably more dangerous when the soul manipulator is also the subject, she guesses. But that was an unnecessary detail to mention at the time. Luckily, he seems to have retained most of the control in the current interplay of souls, even with the happening diffusion. Question was how much time she had to bask, really. The longer he waited, the more diffusion would happen.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: February 23, 2014, 03:10:07 pm »

~What...?~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: February 23, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »

~What...?~

It is a very good question, you think. This certainly is a sensation very few get to ever experience. You could definitely see this as becoming very fashionable among the less alive circles of society, particularly longer-lived ones like yourself. It's like rediscovering yourself all over again. Easy enrichment.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: February 23, 2014, 03:57:34 pm »

Try to jump closer to someone and repeat my inquiries.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: February 23, 2014, 07:46:53 pm »

((Wait, I understand that this is getting to the point where the best thing to do is to gather bonuses, but getting a +3 to something? Seriously? In the early game a demon got a +3. What the hell happened?))

Keep rolling away

EDIT
((Sorry for my former reaction, but I can't understand what was that. Maybe a 7 in a charge roll?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: February 23, 2014, 08:28:10 pm »

Mark being out numbered decides on the better part of valor and runs promising to come back and get his leg and that dolphins tail when he has back up.Using his Halberd as a crutch Mark runs looking for one of his friends

((+1 to dexterity don't fail me now))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nunzillor

« Reply #8999 on: February 23, 2014, 11:00:32 pm »

Warned you about the dance thing, man.  Those guys are vicious.

Did you know that dolphins are the only mammal besides humans that kill each other for fun?  They are also known to commit suicide.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:15:02 am by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 719