Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540895 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9045 on: February 25, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

Announce to the people trying to sit on me that they can sit on me if they help me get a new body afterwards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: February 25, 2014, 03:38:33 pm »

[He lives! I think. Does a success just give a bonus on the next roll, or just brings an end to the whole 'dying' thing? Either way, Killer, Imma need your help later. What crazy thing can you turn a half-desk into?

Also, good call on leaving Tomcost, bet you the sludge you're in probably has slimes in it.]

Well, things didn't seem that bad. Still alive though? Why would being split down the middle kill him? Oh, well, sure it may have when he was still alive, or a true second chancer at least, but now? He's a desk! This is only an inconvenience.

If Evelyn is still around, the desk will try to speak. "Yes, I still live good mage Evelyn, although I suppose movement may be a touch of a bother. Pity though, I was just there moments ago, suppose it would of indeed been better to not leave. I'll make haste, as fast as I safely can. If you happen to see someone who could lend a hand, I'd greatly appreciate it."

The desk will try to prop himself up his remaining hand and, with the use of his two legs, crawl as fast as he safely can to the ship.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: February 25, 2014, 03:43:17 pm »

((I find it odd that there are chances of something harming us almost every single turn.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: February 25, 2014, 04:04:52 pm »

Announce to the people trying to sit on me that they can sit on me if they help me get a new body afterwards.

"Thank you for participating in the free trial of Niklas, the optimal, streamlined seating solution for a new age!" you proudly declare to the people sitting on you, which causes about half of them to get up immediately. "To obtain the deluxe, permanent version of Niklas, you must agree to a deal where you provide the intelligent chair core of this seating solution a brand new body so that it does not go insane in its mute, isolated existence!"

Your announcement is met with silence at first, when suddenly one of the people who got up, a completely nude man, raises the index finger of his right hand thoughtfully.

"Tell me, Mr. Optimal, Streamlined Seating Solution, would you accept the body of an ordinary human being?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: February 25, 2014, 04:23:19 pm »

A strong male human body will be perfectly acceptable payment!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: February 25, 2014, 04:33:13 pm »

A strong male human body will be perfectly acceptable payment!

"If I can't find one, will any other sort of body work?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: February 25, 2014, 06:02:03 pm »

If it has hands, feet, arms, and legs, as well as the capacity to use them effectively, it is good!
Sig! Onol

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: February 26, 2014, 12:33:54 am »

"I was getting some additional clientele, remember?"
Prepare to run.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: February 26, 2014, 12:34:55 am »

Prepare to run.

"That's very kind of you! But where would you find any?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: February 26, 2014, 01:54:48 am »

~I. AM. KEVIN.~
Make one more, last-ditch attempt.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: February 26, 2014, 05:12:12 pm »

In a place of blinding white...

Scott attempts to divine what sorcery has brought him to this new and terrible place - he guesses it's some kind of magic, definitely. And since that library place suddenly appeared from out of nowhere - or, rather, the glowy center of the box - he guesses the dusty guy is definitely some kind of mage with a fairly wide mean streak and with the power to do funny things with spacetime. He's also pretty sure magic isn't a force of any kind, and involves to invisible hands doing things to other things, which would be totally cool.

As such, he is momentarily at a loss on what he could do to directly escape from here - probably not much. But maybe there are more indirect avenues he could try? Like exploration, for one. It's not the most promising idea, but it's an idea nonetheless.

In the sewers of Mothdale...

Sigmund, not about to risk another fungal contamination any time soon, tries to heroically leap out of this dunghole and return to the monster-filled streets of Mothdale.

[Sigmund's agility roll: 5]

This, luckily, proves to be something a wormlike person like he is good at, and he slinks easily back into the sunlight, briefly wondering how good of an idea that was. Looking up at the sky on occasion to watch for trouble, he moves on to look for some ruins to hide in. As he slinks onward, though, he comes face-to-face with a slavering hound about as tall as a man, covered in rippling muscle. It growls at him in a manner Sigmund can only describe as primal, blocking the way onward with its massive body and aura of menace. Sigmund ponders what would be the best pace at which to escape from this situation.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Morton, quite alive and conscious, not to mention just summoned for an actual purpose rather than working toward the base, animalistic purpose of survival, addresses Evelyn.

"Yes, I still live, good mage Evelyn, although I suppose movement may be a touch of a bother. Pity though, I was just there moments ago, suppose it would of indeed been better to not leave. I'll make haste, as fast as I safely can. If you happen to see someone who could lend a hand, I'd greatly appreciate it."

~People will be far too busy working to get to the ship safely to aid you. And my primary goal right now is to find Erin,~ Evelyn says, then lifts off and flies away in a roundabout, circular fashion. As she flies over a channel, a dolphin briefly leaps out of the water to try and catch her, but can't seem to reach high enough. Guessing that now would be a good time to leave, Morton props himself up, and slowly moves away from the scene, leaving his other half on the ground. As he walks back to the ship, he becomes aware of something in the way - a dog! A very huge and menacing dog! It seems to be snacking on the remains of a dolphin that litter the street Morton traversed to get here not ten minutes ago. The dog, glancing around, seems unsure about what to make of Morton, and returns to its snacking, letting the desk pass without issue. The rest of the way is rather uneventful, and Morton gets to the ship without too much trouble, noticing that the walruses still appear to be around and that they are still giving him an unpleasant feeling in his now-reduced top surface.

In a room in the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas agrees with the bargain - a human sacrifice is, after all, a small price to pay for optimal seating.

"If it has hands, feet, arms, and legs, as well as the capacity to use them effectively, it is good!" he says, and the naked man nods enthusiastically.

"Got it! Everybody else, wait right here!"

And they do, interestingly enough, as the man runs away. Soon enough, he returns, in his arms a confused yet mean-looking, diminutive young woman with bright red hair and a lazy eye, dressed in a very informal, heavy-looking burlap robe.

"This is Camilla, sorry, best I could find, and, as you can probably tell, she isn't very well-liked. Hopefully you'll do a better job with her body, eh?"

Camilla quickly draws a knife from one of her pockets, but the man equally speedily disarms her. The small woman begins to kick at the naked man in protest.

"Now, now, Cammy, you had your chance to step off the boat before it left. Let's not get dramatic here. Yeah, we should probably hurry up. I think she caught on at last. Think happy thoughts, rockchair!"

As the guy says this, Niklas immediately feels his soul get ripped out of the chair he formerly inhabited, and then placed into the little woman's body, during the journey passing the rather seething soul of the woman, which seems to be going the opposite way - he has to say, it feels like he shouldn't be here for some reason. Living flesh feels so strange after going so long without it.

"There, done!" the naked man says, then hands Niklas the knife he took previously from him or her or whatever. "You'll need the knife, I think," he then continues, quickly jumping over to the rock and taking a seat. "Pleasure doing business, good sir!"

In one of Lizzie's mistress' guest rooms...

Kevin tries to reassert her identity. His identity. Whose identity is it, anyway? It's all getting jumbled up! She tries to ask Lizzie for help, but he doesn't seem to rightly know anymore, either, so Kevin is left with no recourse but to scream. Very loudly. Maybe that'll help.

Fortunately, it does seem to motivate him! Or her! Or whatever! And this time, she manages to continue the work on the wall, splitting the two souls at last and quickly shooting the nominally Kevin part back into Kevin's body, which is a great relief to the ex-jester, who, while feeling quite different from before, does seem to have regained individuality of a sort. His first impulse is to get up and carefully make sure he does not look too undignified, strangely enough.

~Fuck me, that did not go as planned. At all. But hey, I could've screwed it up even more, and I do feel different, so I guess it mightn't have been so bad after all,~ Lizzie says. Her tone feels a bit unusual, if familiar.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: February 26, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »

((So, how many of us are still on the main plot? Just Sigmund and Morton?))

Begin to slowly back away. If the dog tries to bite me, use my mouth muscles to propel a burst of air in his direction, in a menacing fashion.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: February 26, 2014, 06:06:42 pm »

Niklas feels his/her new face.
Not bad! I'll have to see about growing a beard.

Get used to moving around in a human form again, then run around trying to find the fat lady.
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:55 pm »

Mark goes on to the boat and surches for anyone and anything useful being careful of the walrus as he did so.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: February 27, 2014, 01:00:39 am »

Prepare to run.

"That's very kind of you! But where would you find any?"
"The constructs. I simply need to run them over there from here."
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 719